Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Thanks to all who commented.
    They requested a load of documents be sent over so guess they were just verifying it is all above board.
    His account has been reactivated.
  • Thanks to all who commented.
    They requested a load of documents be sent over so guess they were just verifying it is all above board.
    His account has been reactivated.

Excellent news. I hope that your friend continues to bet with the same level of stakes that he always has because, if he does, it will take the bookies an awful long time to get their money back!
  • Bet365 are by far and away the worst for restrictions. Hate to break it to anyone posting big accumulator winners but if you are getting through those sort of bets your account is a losing one

Talking of restrictions, I was just knocked back on a £3 trixie with Bet 365. They did though offer to take the bet at a maximum stake of 10p !
    What a shocking outfit they are.

• Bet365 are by far and away the worst for restrictions. Hate to break it to anyone posting big accumulator winners but if you are getting through those sort of bets your account is a losing one

Talking of restrictions, I was just knocked back on a £3 trixie with Bet 365. They did though offer to take the bet at a maximum stake of 10p !

Doing it that way the bookies' PR men can say, hand on heart, that they don't close successful punters' accounts!

Yep a joke firm. I do enjoy the challenge of getting on with them though, sometimes more than winning itself. Just ripping their eyes out on some bad each way race is enough enjoyment for me!
  • declarations are out for Ascot tomorrow out of six races, the GRADE 2 Chase has 3 runners in it, and two other races have, 5 or 6 runners in it, bit disapponting. May be the last year I do this one it has become a bit of the norm, will probably change to the Friday of Tingle Creek meeting at Sandown next year.
  • @PeanutsMolloy
    Any fancies for the Welsh GN?
    I've a couple of free bets about to expire and looking for e/w value to put them on.
  • welsh national Chase the Spud
  • 2 for me in the WN

old boy RAZ DA MAREE
    & ROCK THE KASBAH
  • wn chase the spud

going to have a small bet on whisper for the king george
  • Sponsored links:

• I fancy Beware the Bear and have taken 10/1. He won last time at Newcastle even though his saddle slipped .
  • @PeanutsMolloy
    Any fancies for the Welsh GN?
    I've a couple of free bets about to expire and looking for e/w value to put them on.

Certainly PBS.
    My e/w selections are RAZ DE MAREE at 25/1 (still good e/w value at 20s IMHO) and VICENTE at 16/1.
    Will explain why the topweight's carrying one of my shillings over the weekend - bit short of time now.
    May have a nibble at a third.
  • Anyone else seen Paddy Brennan’s win on Paul’s Hill at Towcester today ? Unbelievable.
    I watched him win another race that he shouldn’t have, at Ludlow a few weeks ago.
    For me, he’s still one of the best around.
  • Big day today. What we saying for the King George? I've gathered there's been a fair amount of rain at Kempton so Bristol de Mai looks like a very tempting shout.
  • I'm hoping that Thistlecrack is back to his best. Tizzard reckons that he was well short of fitness at Newbury so the current price of 8/1 might look rather big come 3.15.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Big day today. What we saying for the King George? I've gathered there's been a fair amount of rain at Kempton so Bristol de Mai looks like a very tempting shout.

Yep Bristol de Mai for me despite the drift to 9/2.
  • Might Bite wheelbarrow job today lads
  • Cracking looking King George today. I like Whisper myself, also Reigning Supreme in the 1:20. Good luck to all.
  • Would be backing Bristol De Mai at 9/2, 1/4 the odds with Bet365, if they weren't a scared bunch of girls who refuse to take my bets.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Welsh GN may be postponed until next month due to the weather.
  • edited December 2017

The Welsh GN may be postponed until next month due to the weather.

Sadly true ............Oh well, at least the darts is back :smile:

Rescheduled for 6 Jan. Reverts to original entry stage so those who didn't confirm or declare in last 2 stages get the chance for a run if they wish.
    Potentially a big shame for Milansbar as he may or may not get in again. Alternatively, could be more lower-weight runners and a different complexion for the race. Hey-ho.
  • If the Irish Stewards do not give this race to Simply Ned then it will be a disgrace.
  • If the Irish Stewards do not give this race to Simply Ned then it will be a disgrace.

They have - quite right too.

They have - quite right too.
    That was naughty. Probably didn't even need to do it.
  • Absolute carnage in the next. Hope all the jockeys and horses are OK.

Whiskey Sour hit 270 in running.

• Terrible news about Nichols Canyon. Great battling performance by Apple's Jade though.
  • Who we on in today’s big race? Sizing John?
  • Sizing john dissappointing,
    Gigginstown 1st 2nd 3rd 5th 6th
    Ruining racing imo, bit like clowns that are surprised and sucking off pep for his escapades at Man City, what do you expect you’ve spent more than anyone else.
  • Just a reminder, you've got until midnight tonight if you want to void ante post bets on the Welsh GN made prior to decs (Bet365 and Coral, maybe others, offering this). Otherwise they stand for the 6 Jan.