Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MUSEUM OPEN FRIDAY 29TH DECEMBER

Those of you who are not travelling to Wigan and who by then will be tired of Christmas, may care to visit the Charlton Museum, which will be open between 11 am and 3 pm on Friday. In addition to all the normal goodies, you will be among the first to view our latest acquisition of which we are very excited. Call in and see us. All are welcome. No charge.

Comments

• Options
    Henry, any idea as to what era this badge belongs.
  • Options
    I will bring it along Friday.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Acab I'd say 40s

Where did you get that? It's great.

And thanks

• Options

@Acab I'd say 40s or more likely 50s

And thanks

I think Henry is right. If I remember this correctly the first use of the robin badge was in the 1946 cup final though that particular design may have been a little different to yours.

• Options
    Hard to see from this photos if it is the same but similar @Stig @Acab

• Options
    Acab said:

Henry, any idea as to what era this badge belongs.

Mid 40's
  • Options
    Have a team photo hanging up at home taken in Paris May 1946 against Racing Club de Paris same badge on shirts of the players . Will try to post up photo.
  • Options

@Acab I'd say 40s

And thanks

ACAB had that badge on his football shirt in 1945
  • Options

@Acab I'd say 40s

And thanks

I thought you were a permanent fixture in there Rambo!

Merry Christmas btw mate.
  • Options

@Acab I'd say 40s

And thanks

Yes , the last time you stayed till the end then bought a drink in the Lib you Meldrew.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Acab said:

@Acab I'd say 40s

And thanks

Yes , the last time you stayed till the end then bought a drink in the Lib you Meldrew.
    Morning mate
  • Options
    U must be sober or pissed the bed to be up this early.
  • Options
    Acab said:

U must be sober or pissed the bed to be up this early.

Been I'll for the last couple of days.
    Alcohol free
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    When I read that earlier, I wondered what on earth you could mean, who would be pleased to see a precious item missing? Now it's clear, you meant our beloved CEO!
  • Options
    Museum open tomorrow free beach ball for all those who pop in, too soon?

*the above post does not reflect the views of the museum and purely personal to the poster!
  • Options
    Going with my dad. Be there from about 11.30ish
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Going with my dad. Be there from about 11.30ish

Put the kettle on , be there in 15.
  • Options
    Went in there, pleasure to meet @Henry Irving and @SE7toSG3

Really good work that they and others have done and well worth a visit and a donation

Thanks gents
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for a brief but interesting visit.
    Well done to those that donate the time and effort.
  • Options
    I popped in this afternoon, too, and great to see that nothing stands still. New exhibits all the time and a lifetime of work continues. So good to see people with passion, energy and commitment behind this. How many of us have Charlton treasure buried in the attic - stuff with little or no material value but which is part of the history of our club or the history of it's supporters which should be shared and enjoyed by so many others? Let's hope that a more appropriate space can be found for the Museum in the future where we can better showcase our proud history and better store and catalogue ongoing donations.
  • Options
    Popped in this morning - there's always something to learn and something new to see, though the promised star item hadn't arrived when I was there. Sounds good though.
    The Museum is a credit to the dedicated Charlton fans who run it and from friends descriptions of visiting other clubs museums, probably worth a wider bit of promotion once we are all pulling in the same direction.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Popped in with the football hating Wife this morning - was well worth the visit and even she said it was great! Well worth a donation to keep these fantastic historical items preserved for all to see. Well done the people behind this project and can't wait for new stuff to be discovered and put on display. If you haven't been well worth a visit.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for all the kind words.

The new star item arrived at 2.00 pm.