Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I just missed the deadline.

Know who I can follow up with?
  • 3 whole days notice to get names in.
  • Try Olly.groome@cafc.co.uk @Siv_in_Norfolk
  • 3 days (now lapsed) to get names in, at probably the worst time of year, the run up to Christmas for any one who has lost someone the previous year.
    Once again an odd way the club do things
  • perhaps they're leaving & want to do it before they go......☺
  • Have only just found out that today is the annual memorial match. I had hoped to have my Dad's name added to the list. I thought this special day occurred later in January.
  • Sorry to hear that @ME14addick.

How about putting his name in a programme when the takeover happens? And then his name for next year's list when they've gone.
  • Sorry to hear that @ME14addick.

How about putting his name in a programme when the takeover happens? And then his name for next year's list when they've gone.

That's a good idea @Arsenetatters . I should have got my act together and found out which day the annual tribute was taking place.

I won't be at the game today anyway, but am still disappointed that I didn't get Dad's name submitted in time. He was always very moved when the names were put up on the screen and I'm sure he would have liked his name to be on there.
  • Sure there were hundreds of us there with friends / family on that scrolling list but I was balling my eyes out well past the game kicking off.

Find this more and more emotional every year.

So pleased though that it's done and fair play to Gills for being 100% respectful
  • Sponsored links:

• I couldn't get to the game on Saturday, I would be very grateful if anyone could put a list of the sadly departed
  • Sure there were hundreds of us there with friends / family on that scrolling list but I was balling my eyes out well past the game kicking off.

So pleased though that it's done and fair play to Gills for being 100% respectful

Hate to say but not all of them were...

Could hear a few of them chanting against Charlton halfway through sadly - God knows why
  • I couldn't get to the game on Saturday, I would be very grateful if anyone could put a list of the sadly departed

Dont the club put a list up on the OS usually?

Think you'll have to contact the club about that list, @happyvalley .

Email richard.murray@cafc.co.uk .......

Could hear a few of them chanting against Charlton halfway through sadly - God knows why
    I heard this as well. If we had won & not been so pre-occupied with our on-field failings then I think more would have been made of this.

A few teams are now vying for the term "scum supporters"
  • Have only just found out that today is the annual memorial match. I had hoped to have my Dad's name added to the list. I thought this special day occurred later in January.

Was his name in the programme at the time? If so they may have added it.

I have the programme which lists all the names.

I heard this as well. If we had won & not been so pre-occupied with our on-field failings then I think more would have been made of this.

A few teams are now vying for the term "scum supporters"
    Was talking with a few of the Gillingham fans on KentOnline... Even they seem disappointed by what some did

Seems a case of Charlton v Gillingham just pulling together some pond life in the away ends for each game as we had our own idiots down their place
  • They were chanting through virtually the whole thing. Scumbag fans and still seemingly haven’t worked out that we couldn’t care less about them.
  • Sorry to hear this, was at the other end although they'd respected it
  • Sorry to hear this, was at the other end although they'd respected it

Majority did... Their fans shouldn't be tarred thanks to a few idiots
  • Sponsored links:

• I sit near the away fans in the West and could definitely make out songs about Charlton during the applause.

I would be pretty embarrassed if I was one of those pikeys.

I'm not sure @Henry Irving - Dad's name was Tom/Thomas Bedford

Sorry to say his name wasn't on the list.

Maybe next year.

Sorry to say his name wasn't on the list.

Maybe next year.
    Thanks for checking @Henry Irving .

It is my fault as I should have checked earlier. I will definitely make sure that Dad's name is included next year.