Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jimenez/Cash sued over Greenwich Peninsula stadium development

Comments

• Blackstone Investments total assets of $31bn. According to the file were close to taking us over.
  • To me, that explains why they 'moved On' so many Charlton supporting staff during their tenure.
    Even in their final moments they were thinking of themselves (personal gain) and not putting the club first.
  • edited December 2017

For those who don't want to wade through 69 pages, I've had a crack at summarising the main points.

I'm sure I've missed some and there will be more to say, but it's late!

Jimenez and the secret plan to ditch The Valley

3.31am Airman - bloody hell !!! I'm only normally up at that time to let the dog out in the garden for a pee !!
  • @Airman Brown been racking my brains as to the 'WMG deal'. Is that the same as Blackstone? I do remember tales of dozens of suited Americans coming over, pouring over the books.

This judgement just goes to prove what an absolute conman Jiminez whose only interest was to line his grubby pockets with other peoples money trying to do a 'deal'.

Seems that RD had him sussed from day one.
  • Suddenly Roland doesn't look so bad !
  • So pretty much Roland saved the club, and is also not interested in land redevelopment as many on here thought he was, they often said it was the only reason he bought the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• For those who don't want to wade through 69 pages, I've had a crack at summarising the main points.

Extraordinary stuff. Top work.

So could any of the ramifications from this sorry mess impact on any potential sale of the club?
  • JamesSeed said:

For those who don't want to wade through 69 pages, I've had a crack at summarising the main points.

So could any of the ramifications from this sorry mess impact on any potential sale of the club?
    I don't see how it would.
  • JamesSeed said:

Wasn’t there a potential fine being mentioned earlier in the thread?
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

For the Spivs. Nothing to do with CAFC.
  • Very interesting summary Rick.

It offers a clearer picture as to how we ended up with Roland buying the club in December 13.
  • “Mr Slater explained that the way that the team would approach the buyer was to offer an equity stake in any future development deal. It is his view that this was a “big selling point”. In his evidence he explained how one Kuwaiti investor informed him that this would be a “very attractive plus”.

Is this linked to Varney?

Is that why Meire said the recent approach from Varney involved a proposed move away from the Valley?
  • Is the Morden Wharf site still undeveloped?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Suddenly Roland doesn't look so bad !

What a bizarre thing to say.......absolutely ridiculous!
  • Is the Morden Wharf site still undeveloped?

Believe so...
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

@Airman Brown said: ‘There is potentially a big issue with the ownership as presented to the Football League and fans being different from the reality - the club could still be punished, even under different ownership.’
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

@Airman Brown said: ‘There is potentially a big issue with the ownership as presented to the Football League and fans being different from the reality - the club could still be punished, even under different ownership.’
    But that's not the fine mentioned in the court ruling.

What isn't clear to me from a quick scan of the documents is who DID actually own Charlton from 2010 to 2014.
  • I will throw in my slightly surreal experience, which I have mentioned before, of meeting people behind a bid which came in too late. One part of the consortium was the German owner of Arenacom who build and operate stadia. Other people picked up on that name too, but I eventually got to meet the Arenacom guy in Prague, after RD deal had gone through. He was dangerously persuasive about a new stadium. But Arenacom didn't have the money nor the interest to buy the club alone. When the deal was presented to the spivs in November the moneyman was to be a Ukrainian oligarch exiled in London, allegedly friendly with Abramovic. But it was a late entrant, and the spivs were clearly getting edgy, as we can see from the Slater emails. And then the Maidan happened and the oligarch turned his attentions to home, he had previously been the owner of Metalist Charchiv, a big club in the east where he came from. So their bid lost traction, whereas RD came in with an offer which at least looked straightforward, his own money on the table.

However it wasn't the end of the other lot. They had the idea that they could persuade RD to partner with them to move to a new stadium. They tried to discuss this with RD around the Sheffield Unified cup game, but RD wasn't interested. One reason might have been that the consortium's money man had changed from the Ukrainian to a British property developer, who coincidentally had links to Sheffield and had previously been involved in English football. It seems that these talks if successful could have resulted in an even bigger nightmare: a combination of RD's ridiculous version of a network club, and the process of moving the club to the Pen. Fortunately for us, RD was having none of it. For that at least we can be grateful, although I am not under any illusions that RD brushed them away for any highminded reasons.

I am not sure, it depends on timing, but I think it was this lot who spoke to the council ( as Airman's report refers to) about the feasibility of the move to the Pen. What I can say for sure is that in March 2015, after RD had done the deal, this lot were convinced that moving Charlton to the Pen was something that Greenwich Council were prepared and able to countenance. And that is the main reason why I throw this episode back in the mix.
  • edited December 2017

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

But that's not the fine mentioned in the court ruling.

What isn't clear to me from a quick scan of the documents is who DID actually own Charlton from 2010 to 2014.
    I think the evidence suggests that despite the formal arrangements it was effectively controlled by Jimenez, Cash and Slater whoever actually owned the shares. TJ and KC attempt to argue that they were “stakeholders”.

It’s an interesting question how and why Slater came to own more than a fifth but you have to remember the buyer in 2010 paid a token amount for the club.

Slater says specifically in one of his emails that he doesn’t “represent” Jimenez (so doesn’t have to accept orders from him) but that does beg the question of who he does represent, which I think we can guess but not prove.

• I am not sure, it depends on timing, but I think it was this lot who spoke to the council ( as Airman's report refers to) about the feasibility of the move to the Pen. What I can say for sure is that in March 2015, after RD had done the deal, this lot were convinced that moving Charlton to the Pen was something that Greenwich Council were prepared and able to countenance. And that is the main reason why I throw this episode back in the mix.

March 2014?

• I am not sure, it depends on timing, but I think it was this lot who spoke to the council ( as Airman's report refers to) about the feasibility of the move to the Pen. What I can say for sure is that in March 2015, after RD had done the deal, this lot were convinced that moving Charlton to the Pen was something that Greenwich Council were prepared and able to countenance. And that is the main reason why I throw this episode back in the mix.

March 2014?
    Sorry, yes, March 2014