Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Disney buys Fox

edited December 2017 in Not Sports Related
Disney have once again made a purchase this time spending around $50 billion on 20th Century Fox

1 thing this means is X-Men, fantastic 4 and Marvel can now meet

Also The Simpsons predicted this purchase in 1999

Comments

• I know that Roland strikes a hard bargain, but to have to sell Fox in order to buy Charlton shows the commitment that that nice Mr Murdoch is making!
  • I wonder what Disney’s appetite will be for paying ridiculous sums for Premier league etc going forward?!?
  • They always said we were a micky mouse team.
  • Fox own sky don't they?

Let's watch as all the good stuff gets transformed into child friendly shite.
  • LenGlover said:

He was doing so well at Sheffield Wednesday....

We sell Fox for £700k, and now he's been bought by Disney for $50bn

I bet we didn't even have a sell on clause either, another screw up by Daisy
    Apparently when Daisy heard she phoned Sheffield Weds and negotiated 32 assorted Disney masks for next years Christmas players do, so they can go incognito to Newcastle
  • Another very shrewd takeover by Disney.
  • Sponsored links:

• Now all your jokes look stupid
    I Win
  • Dazzler21 said:

Fox own sky don't they?

Yep. They'd better not start dumbing down high brow stuff like Soccer Am for starters.
  • It may be hard to introduce the x men there's been no mention of mutants in the MCU. Fantastic four not so hard and imo it's the fantastic 4 they need more because of the villains roster doc doom kang and the next big bad after Thanos, Galactus.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Fox own sky don't they?

Yep. They'd better not start dumbing down high brow stuff like Soccer Am for starters.
    I'm more concerned about the movies etc.
  • Now all your jokes look stupid
    I Win

?
  • the crevice shrinks.
  • Interesting as the company I work for does work for both studios.
  • edited December 2017

It may be hard to introduce the x men there's been no mention of mutants in the MCU. Fantastic four not so hard and imo it's the fantastic 4 they need more because of the villains roster doc doom kang and the next big bad after Thanos, Galactus.

Latest phase is ending soon though and they're easily adding the Guardians of the Galaxy despite there no real indication of other inhabited planets
  • Whoo hoo just what we need; an even bigger corporate entity deciding what shit we watch.
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

Antitrust laws, what antitrust laws?

We're going to have like, seven companies in this country before too long.

What country is that SD?
  • It may be hard to introduce the x men there's been no mention of mutants in the MCU. Fantastic four not so hard and imo it's the fantastic 4 they need more because of the villains roster doc doom kang and the next big bad after Thanos, Galactus.

despite there no real indication of other inhabited planets
    There's already a thread for this...

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80199/new-solar-system#latest

• edited December 2017
    SDAddick said:

Antitrust laws, what antitrust laws?

We're going to have like, seven companies in this country before too long.

I think this is an astonishing development, at least that it’s been allowed to happen. And I’m dying to know what this means for Sky, particularly at a time when their grip on football might be slipping.

From a filmmaking perspective, Disney are cornering the market in blockbuster filmmaking. They took want they learnt from John Lasseter at Pixar, and applied it across all five brands - Disney Animation (Moana, Frozen), Disney (live action - Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast), Marvel, Lucasfilm and Pixar. And nobody else is even close to them.

The X-Men/ Fantastic 4 movies will likely be rebooted and folded into Marvel. They get the distribution rights to the first Star Wars, that’s all obvious. But what banner will the Alien franchise come under? Will they keep the Fox, or at least, the 20th Century Pictures brand?

Meanwhile, Universal, Warners and Sony are desperately playing catch up. WB have fucked the DC property, Universal tried to do a Marvel with monsters and fucked it (they’re reliant on Jurassic World and Fast and Furious now), and Sony are more desperate to dump their utterly appalling filmmaking division than even Fox, to the extent that they gave Spider-Man back to Disney.

Ultimately, Disney own cinema now. To get good, mid-budget movies you have to turn to Lionsgate and Entertainment, and hopefully they can keep doing their thing. But how long until Disney decide to buy them out too?

This is a terrible development for filmmaking.
  • The peerless Eddie Mair on PM introduced the story by saying in his soothing voice that Rupert Murdoch's Fox had become a Mickey Mouse operation.