Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• NappaAddick I would be very interested to read how you think CAFC could have a value of £75-80M. Sorry but I think you are deluded

Well, it is, without question, worth at least 57M, since that is the debt as it currently stands. So we have a difference of opinion only for the remaining 13M. The lowest offer anyone in the press has reported for RD's purchase is 14M. The highest is 20M. I contend he won't sell at a loss. And that someone will assume all the debt and pay at least the £14M he paid.

I need to add that enterprise value (equity plus debt) and intrinsic value (actual worth) are very different things.

That being said, I think I can make a fairly strong case for even paying full boat for the club.
    My house is worth about 475k.

If I decide to sell I will contact you and sell it for about 3 million.
    Show off
  • Who’s next on the thread to make themselves look stark raving mad

Me me me me me me me me me me meow!
  • 178 posts to wade through, i do wonder if i can take much more of this.

At least i've learnt to speed read, now where do i start- page 194 think it was.
  • JamesSeed said:

Anybody buying Charlton will almost certainly lose loads of money.
    Unless we get to the Premier League.
    But to get there would be very expensive.

So we're looking for someone incredibly wealthy who is prepared to take a big risk, with only an outside chance of a return on the investment.

Oh god.

Maybe we should just stick with the Belgians
  • NappaAddick I would be very interested to read how you think CAFC could have a value of £75-80M. Sorry but I think you are deluded

Well, it is, without question, worth at least 57M, since that is the debt as it currently stands. So we have a difference of opinion only for the remaining 13M. The lowest offer anyone in the press has reported for RD's purchase is 14M. The highest is 20M. I contend he won't sell at a loss. And that someone will assume all the debt and pay at least the £14M he paid.

I need to add that enterprise value (equity plus debt) and intrinsic value (actual worth) are very different things.

That being said, I think I can make a fairly strong case for even paying full boat for the club.
    I doubt the EV is 57m, as it’s not the amount of debt, it’s the market value of the debt. I would imagine the clubs debt rating would be less than junk, so it’s market value is way less than it’s book value. I wouldn’t be surprised if that the sticking point here.
  • edited December 2017

NappaAddick I would be very interested to read how you think CAFC could have a value of £75-80M. Sorry but I think you are deluded

I doubt the EV is 57m, as it’s not the amount of debt, it’s the market value of the debt. I would imagine the clubs debt rating would be less than junk, so it’s market value is way less than it’s book value. I wouldn’t be surprised if that the sticking point here.
    I think that is exactly the sticking point.
  • edited December 2017
    199 pages of comments in 12 days. How many pages if we actually sell?
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

199 pages of comments in 12 days. How many pages if we actually sell?

Ahh, now I see where your ridiculous numbers come from

You clearly can't count

It's been 8 months, not 12 days
    Days seem like months. It feels like an eternity.
  • Does anybody agree with NapaAddick?

No, but I'd like to know how many bedrooms the £3million house has got.

I agree that he is absolutely bonkers.

No.
  • RedChaser said:

Great thread, I've learnt so much over the last dozen or so pages let alone the previous 180 odd from, poetry to basic accountancy, how much a row of terraced houses cost in Rotherham, how to mug your wife off when buying a car and how to convince someone black is white and vice versa. Can't wait for the next tangent :wink:

Here we go again, you're driving me potty.
    It's tangible assets not tangent.
  • RedChaser said:

Great thread, I've learnt so much over the last dozen or so pages let alone the previous 180 odd from, poetry to basic accountancy, how much a row of terraced houses cost in Rotherham, how to mug your wife off when buying a car and how to convince someone black is white and vice versa. Can't wait for the next tangent :wink:

Here we go again, you're driving me potty.
    It's tangible assets not tangent.
    Yeah, tangent is one of those pottery things you cook things in. No wunder it is dryving you potty.
  • Maybe we should get in touch with the Lowy family, just sold Westfield for 32bn.....they wish to become investors....wishful thinking
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

So we're looking for someone incredibly wealthy who is prepared to take a big risk, with only an outside chance of a return on the investment.

Oh god.

aaaaaagghhh
  • 3blokes said:

I’m beginning to think this thread is an emergent life form...

Well, we have seen the recognition earlier this year of the new species:
    Urinae Aigrevinum Charltonensis

• There was an old perv from Saint-Truden
    Who thought all the answers he knew them
    Turns out he was wrong
    Yewtree won’t be long
    Please fuck off and go buy the new den.
  • Who’s next on the thread to make themselves look stark raving mad

Me me me me me me me me me me meow!
    Blimey it's the ghost of the lucky black cat
  • JamesSeed said:

Oggy Red said:

Jimmy Seed .... we need some more poetry. NOW!

Planning to clear the loft in a week or so. Will dig out a couple. They're very good, of course. As you'd expect from a 17 year old Hatfield & The North fan in 1974 boarding school.

Any lols will be hunted down....
    Great band!
  • johnny73 said:

JamesSeed said:

Oh god.

Almost flagged you for that.
    johnny73 said:

JamesSeed said:

Oh god.

Almost flagged you for that.
    What stopped you ? :smile:
  • So when is it more likely the Takeover will happen?

a) Before Christmas?
    b) Before the end of the Transfer Window?
    c) Before end of the season?
    d) After the Season has finished?

Personally i prefer if it was A or B as i win a bet then.

Fingers and Toes crossed. Any update at all @Airman Brown ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!