Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Today) Let’s not forget the boycotters

Comments

• Options

mart77 said:

TelMc32 said:

@thickandthin63 your comments are a little at odds with the one you made on the Poll thread for the Pompey game. Are you really two posters - “thick” and “thin”?

I am breaking my boycott today. We all deserve to celebrate THIS game, OUR history and OUR club. And. I’ll be singing “Charlton til I die” long after this mob have gone, having been here 44 years before them!

Exactly the same as this Tel! Hoping to bring some friends along from work today as they’ve wanted to come but I’ve been boycotting. Think I’ll struggle to get the 5-7 tickets though!
    Just tell the ticket office that your friends support Bournemouth and it will be fine.
    That lol helped my hangover Ricky!!
  • Options
    Boycotting the games when the current owner doesn’t actually want you there...I’d turn up to spite him, if only for this one match, but that’s just me. Another ‘2%’ extra on the gate isn’t going to make a lot of difference to his bank balance but a big gate today might send out a more important message though...
  • Options
    I doubt Roland at the moment cares what the gate is anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Boycotting the games when the current owner doesn’t actually want you there...I’d turn up to spite him, if only for this one match, but that’s just me. Another ‘2%’ extra on the gate isn’t going to make a lot of difference to his bank balance but a big gate today might send out a more important message though...

A big gate today would send out a message. As a contrast to the small gates we have been getting. Which is effectively saying that the boycott has been sending out a message.

Thanks for letting us know the boycott is working.
    No problem, enjoy the game
  • Options

A big gate today would send out a message. As a contrast to the small gates we have been getting. Which is effectively saying that the boycott has been sending out a message.

Thanks for letting us know the boycott is working.
    No problem, enjoy the game
    I will do. I am going. Am not doing a boycott. I admire those who do but can't not go to Charlton if I have a spare Saturday. I have gone to far less games than I would have and am picking and choosing rather than buying a season ticket. With student prices I have been able to cut the amount of money I give him by about 3/4.
  • Options
    Not quite old enough to have fought 2 world wars,but you gave me a laugh
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Mametz said:

Dear Mr.President,If you where to read the post properly,I did not say dont come back,my inference was,that if you come back,dont act as if you are die hard supporters and express a life long affection for our club.We have this year a team and manager who are very near to creating the fan-player relationship,that has always been associated with Charlton.These players deserve to play in front of a much bigger audience,I have nothing but respect for the guys in the North stand,who in spite of the empty spaces do their best to make up for the stayaways,our many young players will be greatly appreciative of this.The supporters can make all the difference to performances on the pitch and can certainly help in our quest for promotion.Nothing is achieved by staying at home moaning about the owners.

Except that this week Roland intimated that those attending games supported his stewardship of the club. In addition to pocketing the 11 million quid he got for selling Lookman and not investing even 10 per cent of that in a replacement striker Roland has you giving him money to further rape the club you profess to love.
    Mametz makes a very good point there, in that he continues to financially rape the club with asset sales. In the KR spoke to RD thread, KR states that RD said to him 'do you not have an Academy player for that?' shows again (sigh) that he cares not a jot as to the football club and purely on trying to make money, or, at the very least to attempt to break even with asset sales.
    Now, i'm one of those, for logistical reasons, that hasnt been to The Valley this season, but i am of the view that boycotting is not the right thing to do, ticket sales mean nothing to Duchatelet, he doesnt care a jot, it just goes down as another (tiny) piece of his loan to Charlton and therefore makes the chance of selling potentially slimmer.
    I know i keep mentioning it, but i always refer back to BDL's comment , i think it was the beginning of last season, where he said he didnt think that boycotting was good for us or the team because 1) it reduced the size of the protests (which it is, because they've dwindled to next to nothing at The Valley) and 2) Was a detrimental effect to the team.I'm of this opinion.

However, as you say, 'each to their own' - if an individual believes that he couldnt bear putting another pound of his well earned money into Duchatelets pocket then that is entirely their prerogative and choice.
  • Options
    Great bit of detective work micks1950. People post nonsense sometimes forgetting what they have said in the past, clearly the case here so nothing to see.

I am boycotting

#notapennymore
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Bl00dy Hell, PI Mick is on the case. :)
  • Options
    What a load of bollox. Get to the game and try to make more noise than I will.

Waterloo station is rocking.

Come and have a look.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PompFan said:

What a load of bollox. Get to the game and try to make more noise than I will.

Waterloo station is rocking.

Come and have a look.

Don't get stuck behind that central pillar in the JS like I was 25 years ago will you...............on second thoughts :naughty:
  • Options
    To Micks 1950,1) I have never boycotted,although like everyone else,depression has set in at times,2) The team we have now deserves better,we have a good manager,which indicates a change of direction.3) I am going this afternoon to enjoy the day,and stress once again that the boycotters will not be of any concern to me,it is their choice,which they are entitled to make,but I cannot profess to understand why anyone would not wish to be there today.
  • Options

Each to their own,if people dont want to come that s their choice.25 years ago marked the end of a desperate time in our history,I did my bit,went to meetings,gave out leaflets,helped deweed the valley.I endured the 7 years away ,never once considering not going.I have stood on the terrace watching us let in 5 on a wet tuesday night in front of 3000,I was at Villa,watching us lose 11-1.My allegiance to this club,far out weighs any misgivings I have about the ownership.So,I do not understand anybody not attending the Portsmouth game on principal.I will not spare a thought for the boycotters,they can all piss off and amuse themselves on social media or walk round Bluewater,whatever they now do on a Saturday.But,dont come back singing Charlton till I die,when Roland is gone.

Be like Robinson. Don't hate.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80118/karl-robinson-says-he-respects-boycotting-fans#latest
  • Options

£20?? Mine was £23

Not been a good week financially, Dave eh?
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Dear Mr.President,If you where to read the post properly,I did not say dont come back,my inference was,that if you come back,dont act as if you are die hard supporters and express a life long affection for our club.We have this year a team and manager who are very near to creating the fan-player relationship,that has always been associated with Charlton.These players deserve to play in front of a much bigger audience,I have nothing but respect for the guys in the North stand,who in spite of the empty spaces do their best to make up for the stayaways,our many young players will be greatly appreciative of this.The supporters can make all the difference to performances on the pitch and can certainly help in our quest for promotion.Nothing is achieved by staying at home moaning about the owners.

So to paraphrase “some people think differently to me. They are wrong, I am right and therefore I will tell them what they can and cannot do with their leisure time”?

Could I check, you now want people to come back, but not join in any noise. Sounds like a fun environment to watch football.
  • Options

So to paraphrase “some people think differently to me. They are wrong, I am right and therefore I will tell them what they can and cannot do with their leisure time”?

Could I check, you now want people to come back, but not join in any noise. Sounds like a fun environment to watch football.
    Doesn't want you to spoil his sleep.
  • Options
    I'm not a boycotter. I just haven't felt like going since Powell got sacked, when I realised that 'support the team, not the regime' was harder than it sounded.