Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karl Robinson says he respects boycotting fans

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/15707840.Charlton_manager_explains_why_he_respects_boycotting_fans_ahead_of_25th_anniversary_game_against_Portsmouth/

Robinson told News Shopper: “I’ve always said I respect them. I know they’re big fans, and the reason I know is because they’re not coming because they believe so passionately in their club.
So you never have a divine right in life to judge people’s decision-making. It’s their opportunity to decide.

“There was a man I met at a Bromley Addicks event when I first came to the club, and he told me he’d never come back - and he’s told me he still hasn't come back - but says it’s hurting him more and more.

“But he has a belief in something and I respect that. He’s a tremendous man."

Not me by the way although I can guess who it is.

Comments

• Told you all that KR is ok.
  • roland wanker

we could go on :blush:
  • @Henry Irving cant quote but that's exactly what i think is happening previous managers werent allowed to select the team let alone agree with the nasty vinegar pissers, karl at city addicks came across like he does get why were pissed off, and understands it.
  • Yes, agree with this. And he knows the current SMT (nice to have a triple oxymoron) is not long for this world.

He's handled it well, and Ive warmed to him.
  • Or the senior management are a departing cause?
    A manager popular with the fans is more likely to be kept on.
  • Im liking Tarby more and more, and when the Rat sells I'll be back.
  • Good on him. The cockles of my heart were warmed by that.
    I am coming round to liking him.
  • Sponsored links:

• He 'got it' when I met him in February, I suspect he's got it a lot more now having been in post for 12 months.

Whether you like his personality, think he's the best manager since curbs, or you don't, to me he comes across as a decent bloke who was once himself 'just a fan'.

But this is all to an extent PR, much like his personal email to me yesterday :wink:
  • IdleHans said:

Yes, agree with this. And he knows the current SMT (nice to have a triple oxymoron) is not long for this world.

He's handled it well, and Ive warmed to him.

My "LOL" was for the excellent "triple oxymoron."

Yeah good on him. I've changed my view of him a lot in the last year. I wasn't excited when he came in but since he's come in I feel like he really cares. I'm not wholly convinced by his ability to set teams up to manage games (possession, control, shape, situational understanding, etc.), but that critique is far more niche and narrow than I would have had for any other regime manager bar maybe Riga.

It seems clear to me he likes this football club and he wants to be here and he's either good enough or nearly good enough to get us promoted, and he wants his sides to play football. To me, that ticks all the boxes for a manager at this level.
  • edited December 2017
    “There was a man I met at a Bromley Addicks event when I first came to the club, and he told me he’d never come back - and he’s told me he still hasn't come back - but says it’s hurting him more and more.

He's talking about Roland
  • Should the thread title be changed to ‘Karl Robinso says whatever comes into his mind, he doesn’t think much but knows who is paying big his wages’...