Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Great Charlton goals you'd forgotten about.

Totally forgot how good this one from Jerome Thomas was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDQpu_YCeZ0

Comments

• Brilliant goal !
  • "Alan Curbishley's bid for Europe......"

Oh my.
  • Packed valley.
    Great days
  • Halix - Big post match dance had been organised.
  • Was in the North Lower that night. Got to see right down the line of that shot. So much so that it made me flinch cos if it werent for that post I'd have a flat face.
  • edited December 2017
    North stand watched that zip in. Pearler
  • Yanns volley against Oxford in the cup in 2014. His last goal for Charlton at the Valley I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R16rOzzcpQA
  • The Thomas goal was a deflection. That's why it went in the way it did. I love the goal, but it's still a fleccy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who was the spuds manager can’t remember his name?
  • Martin Jol?
  • Martin Jol
  • Depressing, the current owners should have their eyelids pinned back and made to watch clips like these 24/7.
  • Loved that goal. I was stood up roaring him on. Skiiiiiined
  • Remember this game well.

What a team we had that season! Those were the days.

Needless relegation after relegation has followed. Such a shame the way it went
  • There must be a great Charlton goal that I've forgotten about but I've forgotten it
  • Great game yet some considered such fare as boring midtable premiership football.

Look at us now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Halix said:

why were all those people there?

Probably there hoping there would be a dance afterwards.
  • LenGlover said:

Great game yet some considered such fare as boring midtable premiership football.

Look at us now.

I know what you mean, Len, and what has followed has been disastrous. Yet a lot of our Prem games/seasons were 'dull', relatively speaking. We produced that DVD Pride and Premiership of our 20 best games during the 8 seasons across two spells we had in the Prem. Could we have produced another for the next best 20? I'm not sure. 300 odd games and about one in ten was standout.

As someone who was going all over the country in those days I recall witnessing some God awful 0 0 draws at Boro, Bolton etc. I'd have us back in the top flight in a heartbeat but I also won't rewrite history and say it was all hearts and flowers cos there was some terrible dross served up too.

I don't wish to sound ungrateful as these were halcyon days as a Charlton fan and I knew at the time it would all end soon enough. But do I envy Stoke fans who are our replacements in mid table and in the 23:30 slot.on MOTD? Not really. I don't see what they have to look forward to.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday and will take the glass half full approach. I can buy a ticket and plonk myself down with my mates wherever we fancy, which is something we couldn't do in the Prem days. Well we could at most away games but I'll leave that one for others to debate.
  • edited December 2017
    Jensen vs Blackburn seconds after Friedel had just scored, absolute scenes
  • CAFCTrev said:

Yanns volley against Oxford in the cup in 2014. His last goal for Charlton at the Valley I think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R16rOzzcpQA

Did you notice Danny Greens cross for his goal ?? None of this under / overhit stuff that we are currently doing - take on your man, get down to the byline & then cross - don't try lumping it in from an angle 25 yards out.
  • Paul Mortimer vs Leeds away. Still the best I've seen. We got hammered but that goal made the trip worth it. Plus it's Morts!
  • edited December 2017
    John Robinson away at Huddersfield. All the home fans stood up and applauded the goal!

Loved his equaliser against Man Utd as well in the 3-3 draw at the Valley
  • Paul Mortimer vs Leeds away. Still the best I've seen. We got hammered but that goal made the trip worth it. Plus it's Morts!

Went to that game. What a goal. Think I had an away season ticket that year. Do they even still exist?