Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A message from the gaffa....

Assume this is a round robin email?

Comments

• Hi Andrew

Firstly, I’d like to say thank you for your brilliant support so far this season.

The fans have been fantastic and the backing we’ve had at The Valley has been second to none. It has been crucial in us securing points this season, we’ve won nine of the last 13 home league games and we don’t underestimate your contribution to that. For example, the support we got as we came off the pitch after our draw with Bury, where we were by no means at our best, was unreal. It further forged the bond between the players and our fans and it was the start of our nine game unbeaten run in the league. You also stayed to the end when we were 2-0 down after 90 minutes against Peterborough and we all know how that ended.

I am writing to you as yesterday was a big day in the club’s history. Twenty-five years ago, many people in the Charlton family came together and helped take this club back home.

As a club, we’re so grateful for all the work everyone put in all those years ago. Without those people we wouldn’t have the opportunity to play at the great stadium we walk out at every other week.

We’re also celebrating 25 years of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust and I’ve seen first-hand the incredible work they do with the local community. I know that 25% of home ticket revenue and of programme sales will go to the Trust on Saturday.

The anniversary game is important for us on the pitch. We want three points, that’s our number one objective. We want three points from every game.

But it is also important off the pitch because of the historical relevance and as a club we want to put on a fitting celebration.

To do that we want to get as big a crowd at The Valley as possible and that is where we are asking for you to help. I’m told Saturday’s attendance is already set to be the biggest of the season so far, so please invite your friends, your family, your neighbours to come and enjoy a special day with us and we’ll do our best to put on a show on and off the pitch.

See you Saturday. We play for you.

Karl Robinson
  • Well I never got it!
  • And I'm going on Saturday!
  • drewman said:

Well I never got it!

Give him time, typing all these personal emails is going to take a little while to do. He knew I stayed to the end of one game and clapped them off after Bury, maybe he’s still scouring the CCTV to see what you did?
    Fumbluff said:

Rob7Lee said:

Hi Andrew

Firstly, I’d like to say thank you for your brilliant support so far this season.

The fans have been fantastic and the backing we’ve had at The Valley has been second to none. It has been crucial in us securing points this season, we’ve won nine of the last 13 home league games and we don’t underestimate your contribution to that. For example, the support we got as we came off the pitch after our draw with Bury, where we were by no means at our best, was unreal. It further forged the bond between the players and our fans and it was the start of our nine game unbeaten run in the league. You also stayed to the end when we were 2-0 down after 90 minutes against Peterborough and we all know how that ended.

I am writing to you as yesterday was a big day in the club’s history. Twenty-five years ago, many people in the Charlton family came together and helped take this club back home.

As a club, we’re so grateful for all the work everyone put in all those years ago. Without those people we wouldn’t have the opportunity to play at the great stadium we walk out at every other week.

We’re also celebrating 25 years of the Charlton Athletic Community Trust and I’ve seen first-hand the incredible work they do with the local community. I know that 25% of home ticket revenue and of programme sales will go to the Trust on Saturday.

The anniversary game is important for us on the pitch. We want three points, that’s our number one objective. We want three points from every game.

But it is also important off the pitch because of the historical relevance and as a club we want to put on a fitting celebration.

To do that we want to get as big a crowd at The Valley as possible and that is where we are asking for you to help. I’m told Saturday’s attendance is already set to be the biggest of the season so far, so please invite your friends, your family, your neighbours to come and enjoy a special day with us and we’ll do our best to put on a show on and off the pitch.

Karl Robinson

But your name’s Rob, why did he send you someone else’s letter?
    Ah ....... you see .......... never give them your real name...... that’s plain stoopid,
  • Makes it look as if they’re desperate ...
  • That's cute. As far as PR pitches go I think it's a pretty good one. Again, like him or dislike him, rate him as a manager or not, I do think he cares.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hold on..... it’s because it’s my birthday, that’ll be it :smiley:
  • Seems a good idea.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Hold on..... it’s because it’s my birthday, that’ll be it :smiley:

Can i be the first to say.....happy birthday.
  • edited December 2017

SDAddick said:

That's cute. As far as PR pitches go I think it's a pretty good one. Again, like him or dislike him, rate him as a manager or not, I do think he cares.

You do realise he wouldn't have wrote it mate
    Oh of course, having ghost written things for many years myself. But it wouldn't surprise me if he had some input. And again, overall, I think he cares. This may not be the best example of that, but I think it's part of a larger pattern. You can't see any manager hired by this regime bar Riga putting their name to something like this.
  • 14.5k tickets sold, pretty poor considering 4K Pompey
  • 14.5k tickets sold, pretty poor considering 4K Pompey

hence the begging letters.
  • SDAddick said:

That's cute. As far as PR pitches go I think it's a pretty good one. Again, like him or dislike him, rate him as a manager or not, I do think he cares.

I’m so upset now, I’m a broken man. AFKA, you’ve ruined my birthday, the vision of two finger tommy banging away at the keyboard writing to me on my birthday is now nothing but fiction, a lie an untruth. I feel cheated, used and dirty.... I’m a broken man.
  • Sponsored links:

• I am writing to you as yesterday was a big day in the club’s history.

PR missed a bit of a trick thinking of it a day too late..
  • I’ve been sent a bottle of Sarsons.

Presents.... WTF, it’s my bloody birthday (did I mention that?), the least he could have done was send me a signed limited edition shirt (size M....!)
  • Rob7Lee said:

SDAddick said:

I’m so upset now, I’m a broken man. AFKA, you’ve ruined my birthday, the vision of two finger tommy banging away at the keyboard writing to me on my birthday is now nothing but fiction, a lie an untruth. I feel cheated, used and dirty.... I’m a broken man.
    Cheer up, it'll be
    0-3
    outsung by pompey
    and your bollocks frozen off
  • Fumbluff said:

Rob7Lee said:

Hi Andrew

Karl Robinson

But your name’s Rob, why did he send you someone else’s letter?
    Royal Mail’s fault.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Hi Andrew

Karl Robinson

He must have thought it was our new owner, he was writing to, did he enclose his C.V?
  • Rob7Lee said:

Hi Andrew

Karl Robinson

He must have thought it was our new owner, he was writing to, did he enclose his C.V?
    Dunno, but he did sign off 'See you Saturday' so he's clearly going to come and find me so I'll ask him. I've never felt so included, 'we play for you' not the fans, not Roland, not everyone....... ME ME ME.
  • I didn't get one. Fuming