Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karlan Ahearne Grant (Joins Crawley on loan - Page 6)

Comments

• He's no Reeco but I think once he scores once he'll score more

just saying
  • KAG isn't good enough... just like Nick Pope wasn't good enough and Simon Francis wasn't good enough etc etc. So many experts sitting in our stands.

Write him off at your peril. Still got plenty of development in him and can make a decent career for himself.

well said
  • KAG isn't good enough... just like Nick Pope wasn't good enough and Simon Francis wasn't good enough etc etc. So many experts sitting in our stands.

Write him off at your peril. Still got plenty of development in him and can make a decent career for himself.

well said
    Agree with that premise, however Simon Francis was & still is shite
  • He's one of our own.
    League 1 at best.
    Not good enough.
    Useless.
    Hope he kicks on.
    He was England at U11, U15, U17 etc
    Must develop our youngsters.
    A real Charlton hero.
    I love him.
    Oh... Roland has sold him.

Repeat as required.

And England U20 when he was 18.
  • Still only 20. Getting lots of stick on social media. You never see any of our fothet forwards taking a gamble an getting into those positions

Sant to echo this. He's only 20. Because he broke through at such a you G age it's felt like he's been around forever but to put it in context I think he's a few months younger than Joe Gomez.

I don't know that he'll ever be a world beater or even a top flight player, but I do think he can make an impact at this level, and I think the coaching staff saw that and it's why he wasn't sent out on loan. He is a better technical player than I remembered him being when he broke through at such a young age. And we all know he has the pace and athleticism. It's been the case since pre season that you felt like if he got a goal he'd get bunch and so far that's looking spot on. Again, I think if he's in form he can make an impact in this league, so let's hope it stays that way and that he continues to play well even of he has a couple games where he doesn't score.
  • One thing I liked from last night is the way he took his disallowed goal. He was slightly offside, but the finish was one touch, and hit on the turn, right in the corner sending the keeper the wrong way. It was an instinctive and confident finish and lacked the hesitance we have seem in some of his shooting earlier in the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched the video. KAG did really well and a terrific finish.

But apart from a hug from Aribo, not one of his other Charlton team mates came over to congratulate KAG.
    Seemed odd, somehow.

• Oggy Red said:

Watched the video. KAG did really well and a terrific finish.

But apart from a hug from Aribo, not one of his other Charlton team mates came over to congratulate KAG.
    Seemed odd, somehow.

It's the Checkatrade Trophy. Nobody gives a monkey's about it. Even the players.
  • The delay in the ball hitting the net and the cheers tells you what we are expecting at the minute.

Nice finish though, hopefully his injury is ok
  • Beardface said:

Very good goal v Oxford last night. Hardly any backlift for such a powerful strike. Hope he can continue his development over the rest of the season.

The media team are either really good at positioning the effects mic or that cheer is added afterwards.
  • Beardface said:

Very good goal v Oxford last night. Hardly any backlift for such a powerful strike. Hope he can continue his development over the rest of the season.

Reminds me of the chance he got at Oxford in the League where it went oh so horribly wrong... Only on this occasion he did everything himself to create the chance whereas the League game saw him being given it on a plate
  • edited January 2018
    Redrobo said:

Well I like him.

I hope we sign him up for a fair few years. Only young and is going to get so much better.

This. Hope his injury isn’t too bad and he can have a run in the side ahead of Magen-miss
  • He is starting to look like the player he did when he first started, a 442 with Best & KAG is our best partnership imo
  • Sponsored links:

• He is starting to look like the player he did when he first started, a 442 with Best & KAG is our best partnership imo

Even Best with a busted knee and 12 months out is a better option than Magennis.
    Oh must have missed that whilst i was away, but yes i think a Golden Retriever would be better than Magennis

• Reminds me of the chance he got at Oxford in the League where it went oh so horribly wrong... Only on this occasion he did everything himself to create the chance whereas the League game saw him being given it on a plate

Maybe he's a bit like young Kevin Lisbie ....... at his best driving forward with the ball and shooting on the run.

What he isn't, is a fox-in-the box.
    Most of his glaring misses are when the ball comes to him 10 yards out - and without momentum, he has to react.
  • Oggy Red said:

Reminds me of the chance he got at Oxford in the League where it went oh so horribly wrong... Only on this occasion he did everything himself to create the chance whereas the League game saw him being given it on a plate

Maybe he's a bit like young Kevin Lisbie ....... at his best driving forward with the ball and shooting on the run.

Most of his glaring misses are when the ball comes to him 10 yards out - and without momentum, he has to react.
    He's certainly not a poacher, more of a cutting in winger.... If only someone would play him cutting in from the wi....
  • edited January 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Kick on now KAG, you offer something none of our other out and out strikers do Pace as well as strength.

Go smash it.

Dazzler21 said:

charltonJ said:

Didn't realise he was only 20 still, deserves time.

He doesn't deserve a thing.

He's worked hard but with no end result really. Our investment is yet to be repaid. We deserve him putting in 100% every time.
    Glad he's kicking on. If we can have him starting week in, week out in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 (i don't think our mids are good enough for 4-3-3) I think he could do really well.

Amos
    Konsa | Bauer | Sarr
    Marshall| Kashi | Aribo | DaSilva
    Holmes | Mavididi | Karlan

• Dazzler21 said:

Oggy Red said:

He's certainly not a poacher, more of a cutting in winger.... If only someone would play him cutting in from the wi....
    He's not really a winger either, Dazzler ..... IMO, his strength is running the channels or playing off the shoulder of the last defender.

• edited January 2018
    Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

Oggy Red said:

He's not really a winger either, Dazzler ..... IMO, his strength is running the channels or playing off the shoulder of the last defender.
    He's not an out and out winger, no. but he can cross, cut in, run and take players on (as shown on Tuesday).
    I certainly see him doing better more playing 90 mins (or 60) in the above formation than his current cameos.
  • Oggy Red said:

His goal against Peterborough to secure the draw was fox in the box like or Killer like. He moved quickly over a few yards to beat the defender and finished clinically.

I'm not saying he will develop into Harry Kane or anything but for me he is capable of playing comfortably at this level and in time maybe the Championship.

Sadly the Championship won't be with us of course....
  • Finally I've sussed it.
    Our best formation is
    If Robinson picks this formation I am convinced we will win more than we lose