Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Checkatrade Trophy (Pg 4 - 2018/19 draw)

I know there are still a few rounds to go yet but if we made it to Wembley who would consider going. Would love to hear opinions

Comments

• I’ve already booked a hotel in anticipation!
    Er ,when is it?
  • I’ve already booked a hotel in anticipation!
    Er ,when is it?

8th April is the Final
  • Of course we rarely get to Wembley.
  • I would go. I think even my wife would go. She doesn't like football and the only game she came to was the 0-0 draw with oldham in 2009 which didn't exactly persuade her to give it another go.
  • Now you've jinxed it.
  • Probably in the minority here, but if we played a B team I would have to strongly consider not going.
  • Too bloody right I would. Like us all I want Charlton to win things.

For one day I would break my boycott, forget about the destruction of our club, and cheer the boys on.
  • As long as we played class opposition like Hartlepool Under 15s I’ll be there
  • Probably in the minority here, but if we played a B team I would have to strongly consider not going.

Only Leicester and Chelsea left from the B Teams. Chelsea play their second round tie tonight so they may go out themselves
  • Sponsored links:

• You'll all come crawling out of the woodwork :smile:

You're just as bad as those of ours that you criticise (cue the 'oh no, we're most definitely different because, errrr, well, we just are and wont be compared to you under any circumstances') :wink:
  • as its now a free draw we can get any of these home or away;

rochdale
    bury
    oldham
    fleetwood
    lincoln
    shrewsbury
    leicester u21
    blackpool/mansfield
    pompey
    oxford
    luton
    forest green rovers
    yeovil
    mk dons/chelsea u21s
    peterborough/southend

would chelsea u21s be at stamford bridge? as if so would probably be my pick.

You're just as bad as those of ours that you criticise (cue the 'oh no, we're most definitely different because, errrr, well, we just are and wont be compared to you under any circumstances') :wink:

difference is we can go to the nice big ground and behave ourselves accordingly :smile:
    Unless there's a defenceless bird of prey there. Or a mock up of Maze Hill train station with cardboard cut outs of Southampton fans. Or an opportunity to chant and glorify the murder of Stephen Lawrence :wink:

Other than that I think you could be right :smile:

difference is we can go to the nice big ground and behave ourselves accordingly :smile:
    Unless there's a defenceless bird of prey there. Or a mock up of Maze Hill train station with cardboard cut outs of Southampton fans. Or an opportunity to chant and glorify the murder of Stephen Lawrence :wink:

haha really taking that family club of the year to heart this year.

haha really taking that family club of the year to heart this year.

I do strive, mate :smile:
  • That bird of prey you refer to was an Ultra dressed up in an eagle costume and had been baiting our support throughout.

Not as defenceless as the media portrayed it to be.
  • as its now a free draw we can get any of these home or away;

rochdale
    bury
    oldham
    fleetwood
    lincoln
    shrewsbury
    leicester u21
    blackpool/mansfield
    pompey
    oxford
    luton
    forest green rovers
    yeovil
    mk dons/chelsea u21s
    peterborough/southend

would chelsea u21s be at stamford bridge? as if so would probably be my pick.

Would presume so seeing we've just played Swansea at the Liberty Stadium
  • any Charlton fan who wouldn't consider going would need to take a good look at themselves, us playing at Wembley doesn't happen very often, irrespective of the competition / opposition.

I wasn't particularly bothered about losing on Sunday, but then having seen the cup draw it pissed me off no end....my kids are double annoyed too as it's would've ticked 2 things off their bucket list in one hit (see us play one of the top 6 and see us at Wembley)

IF we reach the final of this non event trophy, watch everyone come crawling out of the woodwork.
  • any Charlton fan who wouldn't consider going would need to take a good look at themselves, us playing at Wembley doesn't happen very often, irrespective of the competition / opposition.

I wasn't particularly bothered about losing on Sunday, but then having seen the cup draw it pissed me off no end....my kids are double annoyed too as it's would've ticked 2 things off their bucket list in one hit (see us play one of the top 6 and see us at Wembley)

IF we reach the final of this non event trophy, watch everyone come crawling out of the woodwork.

Completely agree with you Elthamaddick. I would be stupid not to go after watching them for many years. Wembley doesn't come too often
  • Sponsored links:

They aren't top 6 at present Eltham ;)

Agreed, i wasnt too bothered about result on Sunday but in hindsight would have been nice to play at Wembley. Also same last night dont really care but if we go far it will be a day to remember!

Exactly right.

Look at Coventry last year, hopeless all season, dwindling crowds, terrible owners (sounds familiar!), yet got to the Checkatrade final and took over 40k.
  • A double trip to Wembley beckons
  • Ever since we won the Stayen Cup it's been my ambition to see Charlton in a proper cup final. Why wouldn't I go?
  • we'll lose to Luton before the final
  • Yes absolutely
  • Now we're out of The FA Cup and mostly picking our own U23's along with players like Pearce who need games I'm actually not opposed to us going all the way in this competition now so long as when it crosses over with a league game we rest as many key players as possible.

After all it's a route to Wembley and I'd definitely be going if we got there and may even consider going to a game if we're drawn at home or away to a ground I've not been to.
  • Stig said:

Ever since we won the Stayen Cup it's been my ambition to see Charlton in a proper cup final. Why wouldn't I go?

You will never top the Stayen Cup.
  • When is the draw please