Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swansea U21s v Charlton Post Match Views

We won 2-3 with a brace from young Recco, if you were there would love to know how the lads got on

Comments

• Don't know anything about the opposition but I'm pleased our young strikers have struck.
  • Anyone know when the next match is in this competition, I can feel Cup fever building.
  • Anyone know when the next match is in this competition, I can feel Cup fever building.

No idea, BBC sport don't even show any of the scores as its su h a tinpot cup yet we can get fined for understrength teams against prem youth teams -_- absolute farce.
  • Not many Charlton teams get as far as the last 16 in a cup competition...
  • Que sera sera...
  • edited December 2017
    Pearce came on until second half ! That's a Posative.
  • This has the vibe of the 87 Full Members Cup run..
  • edited December 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• Pearce came on until second half ! That's a Posative.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a270c4ebf645/checkatrade-trophy-report-swansea-city-u21s-2-charlton-3

Yes, both he and Lennon got 45 minutes.

Indeed this game was like an old fashioned reserves match, with fringe players and recovering injured players getting some useful match time
  • We await 31 to return to his hotel room and give us his verdict
  • Draw on Talk sport 7.30 on Friday 8TH December.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Draw on Talk sport 7.30 on Friday 8TH December.

Are the teams numbered alphabetically or as they came out of the hat? I don’t want to miss the opportunity of a big tie like the Spurs we are missing.
  • Guess we could draw Chelsea U21s away and get a trip to Stamford Bridge...
  • Dansk_Red said:

Draw on Talk sport 7.30 on Friday 8TH December.

Are the teams numbered alphabetically or as they came out of the hat? I don’t want to miss the opportunity of a big tie like the Spurs we are missing.
    Spurs didnt get out of the Groups
  • What a night!! Still celebrating in Swansea City Centre.
    We counted 41 Charlton fans in the first half, that went up to 43 in the 2nd half. Maybe was thrown by 7.00 pm early kick off. According to one of the big hitters Clive, our worst turnout was 42 at a game up at Oldham.
    I was delirious at the final whistle as I gave the big thumbs up to Karl. He just rolled his eyes to heaven as he comtemplated a latter season fixture pile up with his cheeky grin.
    They put us along the touchline which gave us the important different perspectives.
    All in all, a great way to celebrate our 25 years back at the Valley to the day.

Good job, above and beyond and all that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:

Just pity poor Henry .... he's missed out seeing Reeco's finest moment.

Plenty more great moments to come as I kept telling you all.

You laughed and you said he was no good but you were all wrong.
  • What a night!! Still celebrating in Swansea City Centre.
    We counted 41 Charlton fans in the first half, that went up to 43 in the 2nd half. Maybe was thrown by 7.00 pm early kick off. According to one of the big hitters Clive, our worst turnout was 42 at a game up at Oldham.
    I was delirious at the final whistle as I gave the big thumbs up to Karl. He just rolled his eyes to heaven as he comtemplated a latter season fixture pile up with his cheeky grin.
    They put us along the touchline which gave us the important different perspectives.
    All in all, a great way to celebrate our 25 years back at the Valley to the day.

43? That's plenty. 27 of us at Middlesbrough in 1984.....

• I saw 12:30pm for the draw. Is it still regionalised?
  • JaShea99 said:

I saw 12:30pm for the draw. Is it still regionalised?

No. From the next round onwards it's an open draw.

The die hards will be tested to the limit if we get Oldham or Fleetwood away on a tuesday in January.
  • We wont get a northern club as were are in the southern section of the competition.
  • JaShea99 said:

I saw 12:30pm for the draw. Is it still regionalised?

Yeah like Swansea is just down the road !
  • iaitch said:

We wont get a northern club as were are in the southern section of the competition.

Did you read my entire post?
  • iaitch said:

We wont get a northern club as were are in the southern section of the competition.

We can draw anyone now.
  • iaitch said:

We can draw anyone now.
    Sketchpad at the ready?
  • iaitch said:

Did you read my entire post?

iaitch said:

We can draw anyone now.
    Ok I stand corrected yet again!!