Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russia Banned From 2018 Winter Olympics

Comments

• edited December 2017
    Excellent, hopefully means we’ll win a few more medals, Vlad won’t be happy.
  • Good. Cheating at sport is just the ultimate in futility. It’s put me off watching athletics and cycling. No point.
  • Wonderful news.
  • Great - now lets ban them from their own World Cup ! - that would put the cat amongst the pigeons !
  • Good friend of mine was absolutely instrumental in getting this resolution passed - fair to say they are looking over their shoulders all the time at the moment!
  • SDAddick said:

Fiiish said:

Good. Makes an absolute mockery of the fact FIFA is allowing them to continue to host and participate in the World Cup next year.

Money money money...

Not to drag it too much to football but I've always thought Russia was let off very easy in terms of scrutiny for getting the 2018 World Cup. Obviously this is because it was announced at the same time as Qatar, but Russia has a bad human rights record, had little enthusiasm for the game, and where all the money came from to back the bid and the infrastructure development is...dubious. It's worth noting that their issues have been exacerbated in recent years, but still.
    Yep, Qatar was a very convenient shield for Russia in that respect.
  • but then have the world cup :open_mouth:
  • Good, appalling nation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Russell Brand?
  • SDAddick said:

Fiiish said:

Good. Makes an absolute mockery of the fact FIFA is allowing them to continue to host and participate in the World Cup next year.

Money money money...

Not to drag it too much to football but I've always thought Russia was let off very easy in terms of scrutiny for getting the 2018 World Cup. Obviously this is because it was announced at the same time as Qatar, but Russia has a bad human rights record, had little enthusiasm for the game, and where all the money came from to back the bid and the infrastructure development is...dubious. It's worth noting that their issues have been exacerbated in recent years, but still.
    I thought the investigation was over quickly as Russia said they rented the computers to compile the bid and returned them after winning. And that the company has since destroyed them. After all, it was a legitimate bid.
  • Looking forward to the WC, international sport is fucked