Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton vs Swansea U21's(or U23's who knows) Match Thread 7PM Kick-Off

Couldnt see a match thread and we kick off in less than half hour, it appears this game is attracting about as much interest as it deserves but here we go:

CHARLTON STARTING XI | Phillips, Barnes, Pearce, Dijksteel, Mascoll, Ahearne-Grant, Aribo, Charles-Cook, Jackson, Hackett-Fairchild, Best. #cafc

Subs: Lennon, Lapslie, Carter. #cafc

Comments

• No goalie on the bench
  • Only 3 subs is a bit it weird and surely not something a pro club should be allowing, they don't even have goalie on the bench?
  • edited December 2017
    Well, I know I'm in a very small minority here, but I'm interested. Actually more so because there are many of our younger players in the team. I know it is to all intents and purposes an U23 fixture and I don't really care about the actual competition, but I am interested in seeing how our young players are developing.

Not quite sure how that team will line up though. Anfernee at centre back with Pearce? Reeco up top with Best in a 442, or still 4231 with KAG, RCC and Reeco behind Best?
  • Only 3 subs is a bit it weird and surely not something a pro club should be allowing, they don't even have goalie on the bench?

Makes no sense to me, even a 16 year old keeper would be better than outfield player surely
  • Don't get this trend we have of leaving spaces on the bench. Put youngsters on if not for the experience alone.

Makes no sense to me, even a 16 year old keeper would be better than outfield player surely
    100% agree. As ExiledAddict also said its a key game for the younger players, if they had no intent of fielding first team players , they should have 2 or three 18's in here as well.
  • Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Pearce starting is great news.
    The sooner he is back in our first team the better
  • Sponsored links:

• Whose at centre half with Perace? Manscoll?
  • Surely Pearce playing tonight rules him out of Saturday?
  • Whose at centre half with Perace? Manscoll?

Dijksteel I assume.
  • sammy391 said:

Surely Pearce playing tonight rules him out of Saturday?

Probably yes.
    But it means he will be back soon
  • sammy391 said:

Saw somewhere Pearce and Lennon are getting 45 mins each.
  • sammy391 said:

I would expect he and Lennon will do 45 mins a piece.
  • Well, I know I'm in a very small minority here, but I'm interested. Actually more so because there are many of our younger players in the team. I know it is to all intents and purposes an U23 fixture and I don't really care about the actual competition, but I am interested in seeing how our young players are developing.

Not quite sure how that team will line up though. Anfernee at centre back with Pearce? Reeco up top with Best in a 442, or still 4231 with KAG, RCC and Reeco behind Best?

and will be the mainstay of the first team (if not sold) in a year or two.
  • Harry has been promised 40 or so minutes I'm told.
    We'll see.
  • any updates at all ? I realise some people are celebrating something that happened 25 years ago, but I'm more interested in todays events.

The BBC show the latest score but no updates. This competition is ignored by everyone is seems.
  • Sponsored links:

• any updates at all ? I realise some people are celebrating something that happened 25 years ago, but I'm more interested in todays events.

The BBC show the latest score but no updates. This competition is ignored by everyone is seems.

Cyril the Swan has had a row with Harvey and kicked his head into the away end
  • Nicholas said:

1 down

Thought I was about to be the first person to report a goal....but nope, you beat me
  • Sorry just see it on Bet365 1-1
  • The Great Cardigan will be pleased.
  • Nicholas said:

Sorry just see it on Bet365 1-1

You are annoying me now haha. One person on here will be running around his living room in celebration at that
  • Nicholas said:

Sorry just see it on Bet365 1-1

You are annoying me now haha. One person on here will be running around his museum in celebration at that
    Corrected for you.

It's Robinson making clear just how little he values the competition by not even bothering to fill up the bench. To be honest, I don't blame him. I actually would have quite liked to have won the JPT in previous years, but adding in Prem teams' u23s squad is just an insult to fans of lower league teams.
  • Would love for Phillips to have to go off and us to put Jacko in goal. Would be quality.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!