Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you needed any more reason to be annoyed at losing yesterday...

AFC Wimbledon have just drawn Spurs away, at Wembley of course.

Comments

• Spherical objects.
  • I don't want to overreact but at times like this we can learn from the Romans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimation_(Roman_army)

Maybe exclude Ahearne-Grant from selection.

• Typical - bloody Charlton always let us down
  • The good news we can concentrate on the league
  • clb74 said:

The good news we can concentrate on the league

Will probably lose our next 5
  • Our goats are breathing a collective sigh of relief.
    No way either of us would have missed going to that.
    Phew!
  • Some good draws in there.
  • Uboat said:

Some good draws in there.

Say it quietly but Manchester United might not be on the telly for the first time in 12 years
  • Sponsored links:

• Nope I don’t need any more good news because everything in the garden is rosy.
  • edited December 2017
    Thankyou Roland
    Thankyou Daisy

Ever thought about franchising your wonderful football model? Oh yer, you fucked that up as well...

Cnuts!
  • Uboat said:

Say it quietly but Manchester United might not be on the telly for the first time in 12 years
    Man Utd v Derby was on TV last season - Know its the reverse fixture but dont count on it not being selected.

Id actually be surprised if Brighton v Palace is chosen
  • Scoham said:

I'm sure our record at Wembley is ...LWLW (how many appearances is it?). We needed that so we could lose, guaranteeing a win next time in a more important game.

Actually LWLWLW including the two war-time cup finals. I remember reading that Sam Bartram's got another loss because he was in goal for Millwall in their war-time final.
  • Scoham said:

I'm sure our record at Wembley is ...LWLW (how many appearances is it?). We needed that so we could lose, guaranteeing a win next time in a more important game.

Actually LWLWLW including the two war-time cup finals. I remember reading that Sam Bartram's got another loss because he was in goal for Millwall in their war-time final.
    How dare you swear in the same sentence as mentioning the great man's name.
  • The only silver lining I can see is the prospect of the cash from a 3rd round tie at Wembley, may have delayed this awful regime from imminently selling de cloob & disappearing back over the channel never to be seen again....

Hurry up & sell you bunch of utter @#@#$@'s so I can give a f*ck again.
  • Two things need to be taken into account here. Firstly it was not the regimes fault we lost yesterday. It was our inability to put away chances and defend.

Secondly had we won we would have been a different number ball to Wimbledon so we would not have played Tottenham.
  • Exactly. Totally different number.
  • Two things need to be taken into account here. Firstly it was not the regimes fault we lost yesterday. It was our inability to put away chances and defend.

Secondly had we won we would have been a different number ball to Wimbledon so we would not have played Tottenham.

I thought that but only the top two tiers were sorted alphabetically, so unless I've missed something we'd have had the same ball number.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/887906/FA-Cup-draw-ball-numbers
  • edited December 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• These things happen. Move on!
  • Ok a quick search shows

Top two tiers are numbered alphabetically

The remaining teams are numbered in order they were drawn in previous round. Therefore we would have had same number as AFC

In next round it is done on draw order so should be winners of Ipswich v Sheff Utd who get number 1 ball.
  • I missed calculated. I thought we or AFC Wimbledon would have been 54.
  • Uboat said:

BT Sport will surely find a way to have them on as the Friday or Monday night game.
  • But surely IF we had won on Sunday we would have had a different numbered ball so would not have been playing Tottenham.

Aside from that, all these comments of not having a day out at Wembley in the FA Cup 3rd round is another sign of how far we have fallen.
  • But surely IF we had won on Sunday we would have had a different numbered ball so would not have been playing Tottenham.

Aside from that, all these comments of not having a day out at Wembley in the FA Cup 3rd round is another sign of how far we have fallen.

No that's wrong - look at it another way, what if we had drawn on Sunday?

Same number, same ball, same tie

No that's wrong - look at it another way, what if we had drawn on Sunday?

Same number, same ball, same tie
    I am neither right or wrong. I said if.
  • Yer, really gutted I dont get to see us stuffed at Wembley !
  • edited December 2017
    I’m not sure I’d want our next Wembley visit to be in the 3rd of the FA Cup. Don’t really like the idea of semi-finals played there either. Should be cup finals and play off finals only for domestic football.