Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swansea away roll call - Checkatrade

@The31YearMan is going to this, but are there any others taking the plunge

Comments

• edited December 2017
    There will be 5,000 that claim to be there after our stunning comeback victory that goes down in Checkatrade history.
  • I couldn't get the time off from work otherwise I would have loved to go to this one.
  • Living in Cardiff I was tempted but the joke competition against an u23 side isn't worth the 40 min drive.
  • edited December 2017
    Fair play to the 31 Year Old Man and Welsh Addick but I'm with Beardface on this for all intents and purposes what has become a youth team game.

Apart from those with a consecutive run of competitive games to maintain, a new ground to tick off or your son / relative is making his debut there is no attraction whatsoever to attend this match.

I wonder if @oohaahmortimer has any stats on our lowest away following in a competitive 1st team game on these shores?

Those going enjoy and as always I hope we win.COYRs.
  • I went to a League Cup 2nd leg tie away at Burnley in around 1996 when we had about 67 fans present.
  • Only a 40 minute drive but illness prevents me going unfortunately
  • I’m saving it for next season in the championship.
  • Would have been there but got the free event in the museum from 5.00 to 9.00pm to attend.

Free food, beer and wine and good company.
  • Sponsored links:

Not so 'Hardy' then? ; - )

Only joking,hope it isn't serious and get well soon.

• I’m giving this one a miss
  • Even Seb must be seriously considering whether to bother with this shite.

Thanks. Unfortunately I have got multiple sclerosis so after 45/50 years going to The Valley to virtually most games, I now can't. There are also not many games here in Wales. Fingers crossed for next season if we are in the Championship, Cardiff stay down and Swansea are relegated!!
  • I gather 2,500 people from the St Petersburg area have tweeted that they will be going..
  • LouisMend said:

I’m giving this one a miss

fair-weather fan... :wink:

Thanks. Unfortunately I have got multiple sclerosis so after 45/50 years going to The Valley to virtually most games, I now can't. There are also not many games here in Wales. Fingers crossed for next season if we are in the Championship, Cardiff stay down and Swansea are relegated!!
    Sorry to hear that
  • LouisMend said:

I’m giving this one a miss

Didn't know Palarse were playing at home :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Deffo less than 5000 charlton fans going.
  • There will be 5,000 that claim to be there after our stunning comeback victory that goes down in Checkatrade history.

That'll be the 5000 not doing home games but going away

• Anyone who goes deserves a medal.

• Oggy Red said:

Anyone who goes deserves a medal.

And certifying.
  • I live in a wheelie bill outside the Liberty Stadium, but unfortunately, the 16 second walk to the away stand is too far a journey to make to see a weak side. Will follow it
    On here though
  • I'm treating cabbles to the Wigan away game for his Christmas present but on reflection, this would of been a much better gift.
    The sheer inconsequence of the game makes it curiously attractive for me.
    Even the great Les Turner is not attending this one.

We've got a lot of welsh based fans, three on this thread already. If the local fans aren't going then why would anyone else bother? My local team is Southampton but if we were playing their u23s I wouldn't bother going. Did go to the.......JPT?? game in 2009 when the competition wasn't a complete farce. Leon McKenzie scored our goal.
  • My other half needs help Christmas shopping and coloring her hair unfortunately. Would of been well up for the 6 hour round trip.

In all seriousness fair play to whoever attends
  • edited December 2017

My other half needs help Christmas shopping and coloring her hair unfortunately. Would of been well up for the 6 hour round trip.

In all seriousness fair play to whoever attends

Highlights? Have a word with Paulie :wink:

All the best to you. I've always assumed you live in Hardy Road.