Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon vs Charlton FA Cup 2nd rd: post match views

Comments

• Options

Wimbledon drawn away to Spurs!

Yep, did we miss out on a trip to Wembley?
  • Options
    Gutted. What a day out that wouldve been :neutral:
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Just get these wankers out of our club!no luck with them here!
  • Options
    Likely we would have been 13 in the draw, so trip to Norwich avoided.
  • Options

I spotted that to
  • Options
    Just sell the club
    Our famous club
    We just don't really want you here
  • Options

Just sell the club
    Our famous club
    We just don't really want you here

We want Roland out
    We hate

Well you know the rest
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I spotted that to
    Nah, it was 1-44 alphabetically from PL and Championship (e.g. AFC Bournemouth = no. 1, Wolves = no. 44) then nos. 45 - 64 for 2nd Round survivors. Wimbledon were 53 because our game was 9th in the draw from the 2nd round. So, we WOULD have been at Wembley.

2nd Round draw: http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/nov/03/emirates-fa-cup-second-round-draw-061117
  • Options

No we wouldn’t
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Instead Oldham at home
  • Options

I did wonder. Can't always say "we would have got............" as the number would have been different - but as A number would have been in the hat (or bowl as it is now) there is no saying that we wouldn't have been drawn out against Spurs.

Now, I'm no apologist & I want RD gone as much as the nest man BUT I do blame KR for his transfer policy over the summer & for his recent team selection AND I blame Big Josh for being a big lump who doesn't put himself around enough given his size & if we had decent striker up front I'm sure we would be now going to Wembley in a few weeks. Big josh has some apologies to make & can start by bl****y scoring on Saturday & giving us a win.

We had 2 chances of going to Wembley this season & as its going I doubt if we will be going at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    It's not all bad console yourselves with second prize........A weekend in Blackpool, cheap train tickets still on sale :wink:http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/79676/blackpool-away-advance-train-tickets-27-1-18#latest
  • Options
    IanBSE9 said:

No we wouldn’t
    Ok - just trying to cheer people up. Anybody worked out what number we would've been? It's a bit sickening still we missed out on potential trip to Wembley.
  • Options

IanBSE9 said:

No we wouldn’t
    Ok - just trying to cheer people up. Anybody worked out what number we would've been? It's a bit sickening still we missed out on potential trip to Wembley.
    Don't worry we will be there in May
  • Options

IanBSE9 said:

No we wouldn’t
    See my edited comment above. We would have been 53, drawn away to Spurs at Wembley, the same as Wimbledon.
  • Options
    It ain't rolands fault. We lost what was for 82 minutes the tightest of tightest of south London derbies between two evenly matched sides because they weren't great themselves.
  • Options

IanBSE9 said:

No we wouldn’t
    Don't worry we will be there in May
    Checkatrade ?
  • Options
    Lols, lols, lols, lols, lols
  • Options
    Yeah we miss a trip to Wembley but I can't though blame the frauds charlatans and snake oil salesmen currently at the helm, we've been shit in the cups for years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bunch of tossas.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
  • Options
    At least we got a mention on SSN when Derby were drawn away to Manure as winners over Charlton in 1946.
  • Options

I can never ever get my head around the 'oh well its only the cup' or 'it doesnt matter, we can concetrate on league', or 'cant be bothered with cup' attitude - it really bugs me - i really hope Wimbledon are drawn away to Spurs today, then what will these idiots say?

What the feck did i say ? - all those wankas out there who 'cant be bothered with the cup' - you bunch of tossas.
    Reposting below my response to your suggestion we might have got Spurs away in yesterdays match thread.

If that happens everyone in my street will hear me complaining, as I am still waiting for my visit to the new Wembley as refuse to let my first experience of that stadium to be anything but a Charlton game.

So angry right now.................
  • Options
    Aaaaaargh. So frustrating.

• Options
    Overrated, I saw Tottenham v West Brom the other week and the noise and atmosphere is better with 6,000 people the Valley.
  • Options
    Beyond parody
  • Options
    i'm gonna go through the match thread on Sunday now and name and shame them.