Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If you ever put a bet on...

... please do me a huge favour and answer my quick survey. Open to everyone and takes 2 mins:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DV5PVY6

Comments

• What's it about?
  • Please feel free to share any thoughts on peer-to-peer betting in the comments too.

Betting a friend via an app must be more fun than losing to the bookies again
  • It's about betting against a friend/family member or colleague on an app with bookmaker odds
  • Wouldn’t feel right making money off of friends/ family
  • LSEBarnes said:

It's about betting against a friend/family member or colleague on an app with bookmaker odds

Thanks for your response, I guess I actually asked the wrong question. What I was getting at was, why are you asking, is it for a college assignment or something?
  • MrOneLung said:

Wouldn’t feel right making money off of friends/ family

Really ? I’d love to take a few bob off friends and family
  • Is the idea you're getting at not just Betfair Exchange?

But unregulated? The fastest way to fall out with family and friends too.

Exactly - but instead of betting against an unknown, you are going head to head against your mate. And you can track head to head performance over time and see where you stand on a leaderboard against those you know

• Sponsored links:

• LSEBarnes said:

Is the idea you're getting at not just Betfair Exchange?

Exactly - but instead of betting against an unknown, you are going head to head against your mate. And you can track head to head performance over time and see where you stand on a leaderboard against those you know

Could be carnage.
    Was reading a thread on here a few days ago.
    Dont know if that so called bet was ever resolved
  • If you say you won't bet against friends, the remaining questions are irrelevant
  • Lots of examples already of friend to friend betting apps - none is that successful.

esports is the future of betting - in time it will surpass betting on actual sporting events.
  • bobmunro said:

Lots of examples already of friend to friend betting apps - none is that successful.

esports is the future of betting - in time it will surpass betting on actual sporting events.

Better not be! I've been hearing this for a few years now to be fair. Can't quite get my head around why it would be but if it finds its way onto the exchange, then it is possible
  • Dont think its a good idea personally, me and my mates might have a friendly bet down the pub (usually for shots/round) dont understand why you would rather take your mates money than bookies, something fun like fantasy football small sidebets is fine but betting your mates every week wont catch on imo.
  • bobmunro said:

Lots of examples already of friend to friend betting apps - none is that successful.

Better not be! I've been hearing this for a few years now to be fair. Can't quite get my head around why it would be but if it finds its way onto the exchange, then it is possible
    It's a pure numbers game together with an age demographic.

The current take-up and growth of esports is phenomenal - the potential is scary (in a good way from the bookies perspective :))
  • Really interested in this Bob, from a stocks and shares perspective.
    Any recommendations?
  • Is it better or worse than buying gold?
  • In a few weeks, I'm going to give all Charlton fans access to Wager - an online football betting game where you bet against your friends.

This version will be betting virtual coins (not real money) at market odds. You'll be able to track your performance against your mates and see your position on an overall leaderboard.

Please send a blank email to hello@playwager.co.uk or message your email below and I make sure you get first access to this exciting project I've been working on.

Thanks for the support and Up The Addicks. Leo