Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• We won't get anywhere near the play-offs with Magennis as our main striker and Doodo as back-up.

What CAFC does in the January window, will tell us how serious the Belgians are about getting out of poxy L1.
  • We won't get anywhere near the play-offs with Magennis as our main striker and Doodo as back-up.

What CAFC does in the January window, will tell us how serious the Belgians are about getting out of poxy L1.

If the Belgians still own us,that is.

If the Belgians still own us,that is.
    That is going to be the big problem. If a sale hasn't gone through by mid January then we will be in a sticky pickle. RD wont be spending any money if he's looking to sell & any potential owners can't do anything. I think we will be stuck with Best, Lewington & A.N other who will be a free agent or a loan.
  • Can we bring Igor back in January he posted a video of his debut on instagram for some reason
  • Re: The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)
    RedhenryRedhenry
    August 29
    Josh will have to score 20+ goals if we are to get automatic promotion.
  • I kid you not, yesterday I am 80-90% sure I saw Igor in Sparrows Lane. Not trying to add fuel or anything but when I drove passed, it looked just like him doing a turn in the road. Probably not but there we go.
  • Sage said:

I kid you not, yesterday I am 80-90% sure I saw Igor in Sparrows Lane. Not trying to add fuel or anything but when I drove passed, it looked just like him doing a turn in the road. Probably not but there we go.

Adding to that, he randomly posted his highlights from his first Charlton game against Brentford as well a couple of days ago...
  • Sponsored links:

• Would this Igor rumour fit in with a sale ? We need a striker of a decent standard. Igor costs nothing to recall. No expenditure for RD ? Strikers don’t come cheap.
  • Roland would be unable to flog him before he sells the club unless he drags the sale of the club out until January.
  • International loans must be for the season (remember George Tucudean?) so I think the Igor thing is a non-runner.
  • International loans must be for the season (remember George Tucudean?) so I think the Igor thing is a non-runner.

A bit like Igor

That was a weird one, he left in January on an 18 month loan.
  • Igor > Mageniss all day, Magenis is the worst lone striker ive seen play for us in a long time. Doesn't hold the ball up, or allow the midfield to get up, and he sure as hell doesn't finish his chances
  • A strange and slightly sad saga really, why he's training 50 miles plus away from home at a rival club, instead of at the club which employs him and for which he is a club legend
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a feeling Will Grigg is still on our radar.
  • I have a feeling Will Grigg is still on our radar.

KR did say about 6 ft and Grigg is 5ft 11"
  • It wont be Grigg or Doyle - both signed new contracts so any fee will be too big for us. I reckon Godden is still on his radar
  • It wont be Grigg or Doyle - both signed new contracts so any fee will be too big for us. I reckon Godden is still on his radar

Thanks. I thought he was out of contract at the end of the season .
  • Godden will be a punt. Im not at all convinced hes going to do it consistently at league one.
  • edited December 2017

Godden will be a punt. Im not at all convinced hes going to do it consistently at league one.

Ditto.

The hard thing is, and it was the same situation in the summer, finding consistent goalscoring strikers at this level who are willing/able to come to us is incredibly difficult. I've said it many times, the fact that we can pretty much name any potential target, and keep tabs on players who have fallen out of favor at their Championship clubs says it all really.

I don't wish this league upon Igor. He has a young kid (I believe) and is probably enjoying being back in Belgium. If we get promoted and he wants to come back next year, fantastic. I think he still has the potential to be a good Championship player. But the club almost ruined his career (and may have done permanent damage) with the way they handled his injuries. If he never wants to play for us again, I can't say I'd blame him one bit.

Pleased Lewington isn't signing. Or, rather, not too fussed. I don't think he has the pace for our system. With Lennon and Pearce coming back we have three left footed center halves, so I don't think him providing cover there is helpful. Both Lennon and Sarr can slot in at left back. And I'm hoping that Mascoll gets a couple more chances in the second half of the season.
  • We shouldn't be looking for any players except for a striker and a back up CM in my opinion, would rather end up with 2 good players in the priority positions rather than 5 bit and pieces signings like Lewington

This
    Quality now not quantity
    We won't get either.

• dickplumb said:

We shouldn't be looking for any players except for a striker and a back up CM in my opinion, would rather end up with 2 good players in the priority positions rather than 5 bit and pieces signings like Lewington

This
    Quality now not quantity
    We won't get either.

Hanlan, Umerah, Lewington (despite what KR says at the moment) and Lennon ("looks like a new signing") will be the quantity.