Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lewis Smith Boxer

Lew came through his debut tonight with a convincing points victory,

Started nervously which was to be expected but once he let his shots off and landed some hurtful body shots the confidence grew and he really relaxed into his game plan

Would be a great thing If in the new year when he fights next we could run a coach load of us to the venue and really get behind him early in his career

The Charlton badge was worn with pride on his fight kit and he had a healthy following but boxers need to be ticket sellers it makes them a real commodity for promoters and Lew will be involved in some exciting fights his style is such that it will always be aggressive and front foot imposing his style on the fights

It’s never dear at this level and you can get some cracking value nights

Congrats Lewis the journey has begun let’s follow and help him reach his dream of fighting for a belt in a ring smack in the middle of the pitch at the Valley

It would certainly tick one of my bucket lists of sporting venues to watch a fight

Comments

• I do a few small shows mate, Keep me posted and I'll do my best to come along and watch. One of my mates was on the wrong end of a pretty diabolical decision last night for the English title at Bethnal Green as a total aside

Not just from you I've heard some good things about Lew Smith not seen any footage or anything of him though
  • Good to hear he won
  • I and few mates would be up for that for sure
  • Carter said:

I do a few small shows mate, Keep me posted and I'll do my best to come along and watch. One of my mates was on the wrong end of a pretty diabolical decision last night for the English title at Bethnal Green as a total aside

Not just from you I've heard some good things about Lew Smith not seen any footage or anything of him though

Who was that mate the scoring last week for Lee Appleyards fight was a scandal happening more and more now

Lew Definitely has something about him mate it’s going to be down to him how far he can go , I really like how he talks about where he wants to get too

Good team around him also has more than a chance of having a very decent career
  • Carter said:

I do a few small shows mate, Keep me posted and I'll do my best to come along and watch. One of my mates was on the wrong end of a pretty diabolical decision last night for the English title at Bethnal Green as a total aside

Who was that mate the scoring last week for Lee Appleyards fight was a scandal happening more and more now

Lew Definitely has something about him mate it’s going to be down to him how far he can go , I really like how he talks about where he wants to get too

Good team around him also has more than a chance of having a very decent career
    Grant Dennis, was the victim of some daylight robbery for the English title
  • I'd be interested, especially if it's Brentwood again as it's on my doorstep... Sadly I'm camped in a premier Inn in Chippenham this evening
  • Blinding idea I reckon we would easily get a coach going
  • Once I have the details of the next fight I will see what interest there is and start arranging it
  • Watched the steam he looked really comfortable against a guy who to me just tried to spoil the fight
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s hard to criticize journeymen for not engaging and assisting in making the fights more interesting, but your spot on there was no active engagement from his opponent

there’s two more fight weekends before xmas and I reckon his opponent will be out grafting both weekends , a decent black eye or a cut and that’s out of the question,

Showed great professionalism from Lew respecting that part of the game when he could’ve easily just come out and blown him away
  • Also if a journeyman gets stopped he's usually not allowed to fight for 28 days.
    Which could mean missing out on 2/3 more pay days.

Understandable that they come to survive rather than come to fight.

But for any boxer in their first few fights it can be more about the day and getting used to the lights, cameras, weigh ins etc. More than the actual fight.

No doubt have much tougher spars than what they face in the first few outings. But level of opponent is a long way down the list imo
  • Mate ,happy to sound out our lot re the coach etc
  • That’s what we need GH get him a proper following I know he would love to have addicks in halls up and down the country backing him
  • Glad Lewis got the win, was also nice of him to thank all the Charlton fans who congratulated him on Twitter. If I didn't live so far away I'd of been up for night out to cheer him on.
  • That’s what we need GH get him a proper following I know he would love to have addicks in halls up and down the country backing him

Would be up for this. Part of the challenge in raising profile and getting opportunities is selling tickets the support. Garton is a very good fighter and his Millwall following has really helped him.

Has he got any London shows coming up?
  • I think he is next out in March mate where I am unsure ,

We need to help him on this journey there’s enough of us who love the boxing to help him in this way and have some good nights out along the way

Win win
  • Let me know mate and will have some of that
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he is next out in March mate where I am unsure ,

We need to help him on this journey there’s enough of us who love the boxing to help him in this way and have some good nights out along the way

Win win

I’m up for that.
  • Lewis had a lot of great feedback about his performance and his interviews after
  • Welcome to the board mate the lads and lasses here will really get behind you on your journey to the top
  • welcome aboard @LewSmith94 and best of luck with your career fella. We'll all be gunning for you
  • Hi everyone I appreciate all this support from you guys and would love to build a proper fan base with all of you involved without people like you I can’t do this full time, I should have another date soon and will keep you all posted when and where it will be

Top man, Lew - many congratulations on your debut win.

I'll do my best to be at your next fight and will bring my boys with me.

• Good luck Lewis!
  • bobmunro said:

Hi everyone I appreciate all this support from you guys and would love to build a proper fan base with all of you involved without people like you I can’t do this full time, I should have another date soon and will keep you all posted when and where it will be

Top man, Lew - many congratulations on your debut win.

I'll do my best to be at your next fight and will bring my boys with me.

That sounds like a plan cheers bob appreciate that and the support
  • Good luck Lewis!

Thank you bro
  • welcome aboard @LewSmith94 and best of luck with your career fella. We'll all be gunning for you

Happy to be a part of it mate and the journey is going to be worth it