Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

Comments

• sammy391 said:

Agree, very much doubt we’ll get Aneke , mainly becasue he’ll cost and MKD don’t have to sell!

Think we’re going to be linked with MKD players all month, similar to summer and last January - with the only come coming potentially Lewington!

So instead of Roland's network of clubs,we get Robbo's network instead...!!!

• sammy391 said:

Agree, very much doubt we’ll get Aneke , mainly becasue he’ll cost and MKD don’t have to sell!

Think we’re going to be linked with MKD players all month, similar to summer and last January - with the only come coming potentially Lewington!

So instead of Roland's network of clubs,we get Robbo's network instead...!!!

Precisely , or at least ‘linked’ with!
  • After today we should bring back leaburn!!! Magennis is terrible
  • After today we should bring back leaburn!!! Magennis is terrible

We made Lyle Taylor and Cody McDonald look like world beaters today...
  • We should go after Taylor. Greenwich born! He was the difference today
  • edited December 2017

We should go after Taylor. Greenwich born! He was the difference today

Was awful at the Valley in the League

Read after the game that he'd lost a relative over the last few days and asked to play today - Guess it was his way of letting off steam.

He's also ex-Millwall so might not want to know
  • Not sure on where these rumours about Aneke have come from. He is our best player by a mile now and is carrying our team at the moment, only signed a new deal a few months ago. Would have to be a hefty bid to persuade us I think, but he is a Championship level player.

If you sign any more of our best players, I'm going to start supporting Charlton.

Always wanted to ask this of any MKD fan and I am genuinely curious....

Are you a Wimbledon fan who followed the team up the M1? Or a local resident who found a new team to support.

And if option 1 - what turned you off Afc Wimbledon?
  • I am starting to think if we can get £5M for Konsa, we should take it and run. IF we spend it on new players that is.
  • I am starting to think if we can get £5M for Konsa, we should take it and run. IF we spend it on new players that is.

It’s not even about new players. We can cope without Konsa I feel.

If however we get 5m and it means Roland is then prepared to fuck off it’s a great deal
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought we were in for Lewington while Powell was still here. Better late than never I suppose. Not really sure where he would fit in unless it was a permanent signing as we have Page as a backup. Maybe Robinson sees him as a replacement for Konsa at CB when he inevitably goes in January.

Alternatively, it could just be that Lewington has been banished and Robinson is helping him out by letting him train and keep fit ahead of a move somewhere in Jan.

Well there's your problem. Page is about as reliable as Cory Gibbs so Lewington would likely be the backup option plus a good experienced head if/when Dasilva needs a rest.

Fair price , seeing as Gomez went for ONLY £3.5m!

Will pay for at least a few more trenches at sparrows lane!
  • edited December 2017

We should go after Taylor. Greenwich born! He was the difference today

Read after the game that he'd lost a relative over the last few days and asked to play today - Guess it was his way of letting off steam.

My Wimbledon mate said he hasnt scored an away goal for two years, not sure if this is true but he was excellent today and wouldn’t have missed the magennis sitter at 1-1. We need a knew striker and we need one urgently
  • We should go after Taylor. Greenwich born! He was the difference today

My Wimbledon mate said he hasnt scored an away goal for two years, not sure if this is true but he was excellent today and wouldn’t have missed the magennis sitter at 1-1. We need a knew striker and we need one urgently
    New striker? We've only just signed George Best.

• http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15695932.Charlton_transfer_news__Robinson_on_whether_Best_deal_affects_striker_search/

KR knows which striker he wants to sign in January and has said he's about 6 ft tall.

Good to know he should pass the height test.
  • edited December 2017
    Aneke 6.3
    Godden 6.1
    Evans 6.0
  • Aneke 6.3
    Godden 6.1
    Evans 6.0

Evans?
  • Aneke 6.3
    Godden 6.1
    Evans 6.0

Evans?
    Ched, see concurrent thread resurrected by Paulie.
  • Aneke 6.3
    Godden 6.1
    Evans 6.0

Evans?
    Ched, not been used by sheff united, might be availble on loan
  • Matt Godden is the one Id like us to sign
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought Aneka was a midfielder?
  • The striker would be Eoin Doyle I’d imagine.
  • Scoham said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15695932.Charlton_transfer_news__Robinson_on_whether_Best_deal_affects_striker_search/

KR knows which striker he wants to sign in January and has said he's about 6 ft tall.

Good to know he should pass the height test.

“We still need one, a natural finisher who is going to be bright.
    That rules out a move for Wayne Rooney then
  • edited December 2017

The striker would be Eoin Doyle I’d imagine.

Doubt it. KR said he turned us down in the summer, wanted stay up north.
  • The striker would be Eoin Doyle I’d imagine.

This.
    Doyle is about 6ft, was a clear target for us in the summer and is a natural goal scorer. If we can sort out the whole thing of living down south, Doyle would be perfect for us. It also has to be someone very good for this league if we were to add them along with Magennis and Best if we were to have one the best strike forces in the league.

Mavididi is about 6ft & doesn't even get on the bench for PNE anymore. He signed a season long loan for Preston but Arsenal may have a clause that requires him to play (allowing them to call him back).

Definitely made the wrong decision going to PNE....think how many games he would have played for us this year if he had come back here.

And this.
    Mavididi would’ve played loads, especially with no Marshall, Reeves, Clarke and Fosu for long periods of the season. You can see why he wanted to go to the Championship, but this year was a big year for him, he had to get it right, I don’t think he has done that by going to Preston. Would love us to get Stephy back.

Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, Mavididi, Reeves, Clarke, Magennis, Best, Doyle. - now that reallt would be class for this league.
  • Scoham said:

Doubt it. KR said he turned us down in the summer, wanted stay up north.
    Doyle may feel different now he can see we’re challenging at the top half of the table and Oldham are towards the bottom.
  • Sage said:

This.
    Doyle is about 6ft, was a clear target for us in the summer and is a natural goal scorer. If we can sort out the whole thing of living down south, Doyle would be perfect for us. It also has to be someone very good for this league if we were to add them along with Magennis and Best if we were to have one the best strike forces in the league.

Mavididi is about 6ft & doesn't even get on the bench for PNE anymore. He signed a season long loan for Preston but Arsenal may have a clause that requires him to play (allowing them to call him back).

Definitely made the wrong decision going to PNE....think how many games he would have played for us this year if he had come back here.

And this.
    Mavididi would’ve played loads, especially with no Marshall, Reeves, Clarke and Fosu for long periods of the season. You can see why he wanted to go to the Championship, but this year was a big year for him, he had to get it right, I don’t think he has done that by going to Preston. Would love us to get Stephy back.

Holmes, Marshall, Fosu, Mavididi, Reeves, Clarke, Magennis, Best, Doyle. - now that reallt would be class for this league.
    Trouble is getting more than 3 of them for at once.
  • I was at Hyde Utd Saturday and there was 2 MKD fans there and I was talking too them and they said how much they liked Karl but he never changes formations and tactics.which we know and Ben Reeves is great but always injured.they also said lewington had supposedly had a bust up and is training with us.