Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AFC Wimbledon vs Charlton FA Cup 2nd rd: post match views

I wasn’t there so look forward to hearing from those that were

Comments

• Magennis can't finish
  • KAG should start next game
  • The only positive was that after sprinting to Norbiton station, I got the first train out.
  • cabbles said:

I wasn’t there so look forward to hearing from those that were

That’s the most obvious positive I can take from the result!
  • J BLOCK said:

Magennis can't finish

I would give him a rest but is seems that Karl will never drop him.
  • When we gonna learn that having 60% possession doesn't automatically get you a win , it's goals that count!
  • Dire performance. Deserved nothing. Only positive for me was Dijkstel ( minus the penalty ) and Aribo. Other than that we were awful.

Crap day out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Missing Bauer?
  • There are no words for how bad Sarr is.

Magennis is shite. Can't win a header, can't hold up the ball and can't even score from 5 yards out with an open goal. What exactly does he offer.

Toilet performance.
  • edited December 2017
    missing players with a backbone. Every time the opposing team has got in our players faces just lately they’ve slinked away and looked like they are too frightened to play the ball after that. We need the likes of Clarke, Bfg and Pearce back asap. We should have walked that game but we let them have it on a plate in the end.
  • Good to see Lennon back and pleased for KAG.

I refer you to my description of Sarr after the Posh game.

Usual cup disappointment from Charlton.
  • Why even start this thread? Wouldn't it be easier to rename last year's one after the MK Don's game.
  • Poor, didn't have any energy and commitment in our play for long periods of the game. We need to learn that we can't continue to make stupid individual mistakes.First goal was a howler from Konsa who should of been able to see it wasn't going to reach Amos. Second goal Sarr gave away a silly foul which the ref played on and we all stopped and they scored. As for the penalty I couldn't see it but Wimbledon felt it was soft.

We started very slow and the mistake by Konsa only gave them more confidence. We managed to get back into the game and looked comfortable for the rest of the half, even if McDonald and Taylor wanted to throw themselves on the floor at every opportunity.

Second half I though we were well on top and their keeper made a great save to push deflected da silva shot onto the bar and josh missed a sitter six yards out with the goal at his mercy. It proved to be key moment in second half as minutes later they turned Sarr and got in on goal to make it 2-1.

Be interesting to see what Robinson said but it really didn't feel like we were fully committed today. Too many key players (josh, Marshall and Holmes) had poor games

• Leuth said:

Croydon said:

There are no words for how bad Sarr is.

Missed our last ten games, have you?
    Ah yes i forgot how solid he's been for all of those, with all the clean sheets. No heart in mouth moments when he's on the ball either.
  • The way the stewards were frisking outside today. Ooooo I didn't know you cared darling!
  • Sponsored links:

• Listened on Valley pass whilst watching the BBC.
    My conclusion is that Bauer has a serious injury!
  • seth plum said:

Listened on Valley pass whilst watching the BBC.
    My conclusion is that Bauer has a serious injury!

Doesn’t he always go missing about this time for three months?
  • Watched BBC at work and saw most of the moments and goals on TV. Penalty looked soft and their second goal thought our keeper could have done a bit better...At the end of the game their keeper was voted MOM. Another year no cup run.
  • Dogshit simple as that, mag missing an open goal from 3 yards sums it up, Sarr bullied by McDonald which I was shocked by and Marshall’s end product poor again
  • Watch the Big away game come out off the pot tomorrow. But looking on the bright side now means we can play Blackpool on 4th round day.

• Dogshit simple as that, mag missing an open goal from 3 yards sums it up, Sarr bullied by McDonald which I was shocked by and Marshall’s end product poor again

I thought I read that Marshall provided the assist for KAG's goal:

"But the Addicks equalised when Mark Marshall's fast, low cross from the right picked out a first-time finish from inside the six-yard box from Karlan Ahearne-Grant."

BBC report

• Didn't think the ref got a lot wrong?
  • Watched from the Wimbledon end

Holmes being lazy and not tracking back cost us two goals. Magennis miss after 50 mins was terrible. Robinson reacting to the wombles abuse was embarrassing. He sat at at the front of the bus and reacted to play the sympathy card and then react was embarrassing
  • DaSilva save and Mag miss the key moment. I was sat very close and while Mag still had work to do, a proper finisher would bury those.

After that AFC seemed to want it more. ...Ricky not at the races at all, Best had no impact and Aribo ok but no cutting edge