Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL: YOU and the 1992 / 2017 Portsmouth games

Comments

• A - Attended 92 game but won't be at 17 game
    I will be at the first game to celebrate when the regime have gone!
  • B - Attended 92 game and attending 17 game
    B

Was in the Covered End in 92, but switched to the East Stand in 94!
    B - Attended 92 game and attending 17 game
    What's going on! Don't understand this technology stuff I will be there as I was in 92
  • Attended 92 but wavering about going , have not been for two years but my heart is still Charlton still have the placard from that great day.
  • Was there in '92 along with my two boys but on Saturday will be going with the only one of the old Junior Reds organisation who still attend games. Fingers crossed we have the same result!
    Was there, at the mo it looks like I won't be at this one cos of other commitments. If I can work around them I'll be there.

Haven’t you voted incorrectly then ?
  • Sponsored links:

Haven’t you voted incorrectly then ?
    Sorry, just seen your more recent post !
    B. But only because de cloob have given me a free ticket.

Re the ‘92 game. We were in the Covered End and there were about five empty seats nearby. How weird to buy a ticket for that game and not turn up.
  • edited December 2017
    I know I've said it several times before so apologies , but I had a ticket for the 1992 game but didn't go. A mate got it for me but didn't manage to tell me because I was living in a hall of residence with 400 people and one phone. Still hurts.

Not expecting to be at this year's game.

Edit: Just saw AA's post above. Maybe I was one of your empty seats.
    Was there at 92 game
    Not there this year cos out of my nut at the Ashes and not that bothered.

I mean I’m so off my head one of our Aussie friends who works for Cricket Australia said her new boss is from Belgium and i got all angry with it fffs when I saw the boring c**t ...fuck off Roland
    Covered End Block B in 92

East Stand on Saturday

None of those I sat with in 92 still go, a few I met with in the Forresters that Sat morning still go though
    B

Was/will be at both.
    Attended 92 with both my kids, but will not be there next week.

A boycott is a boycott.

#notapennymore

Attended in 92 with a friend of mine and we're going to this one.

Boycott resumes afterwards until the dotted line is signed and RD is gone for good.
  • D- Wasn't at 92 game but will be attending 17 game
    Sadly missed the 92 match as I was living in Hamburg at the time. In those days I only found out the Charlton score when the papers arrived at the main station around Sunday lunchtime. Unthinkable in today's world!
    Both for me. 92 I was 10, but I do remember it

Will be going this year to pay tribute to those that worked so hard to get us back there
  • Sponsored links:

Will be going to my first home match of the season against Portsmouth this coming Saturday having attended the match back in 92 and will be sitting next to the same guy as i did back then. Last saw him in Belgium this year in Sint Truiden.

Off the four guys we sat with back in 92 three off the guys will be at The Valley for this game only John will be missing who passed away sometime ago.
  • edited December 2017
    A - Attended 92 game but won't be at 17 game
    Attended 92 game with Dad (no longer with us) and son in the Jimmy Seed Stand next to the central pillar. Son is third generation, father supported the club from 1933 for 75 years and hopefully grandson will be fourth gen. Had season tickets at Selhurst, Upton Park and Covered End right up until a couple of years ago. Family have moved away from the area so no longer season ticket holders but we take in as many away games within 100 miles as possible and the occasional home game but sadly the Pompey match clashed with prior commitments.
  • B. I think I have the set...1st and last games at Selhurst, Upton PK plus last Valley game in'85

B. I think I have the set...1st and last games at Selhurst, Upton PK plus last Valley game in'85

The last game at Selhurst Park was all ticket from memory, I hadn't realised and so didn't get in...
    2 of our 3 who attended in 92 will be there on Saturday.
    There is 92 and there next week... no place like home
  • D- Wasn't at 92 game but will be attending 17 game
    Followed the club home and away religiously for the previous ten seasons but couldn't get a ticket for the 1992 game. Went to Fulham instead.

Galling at the time, as a lot of fans didn't give a fuck when we were going out of business in 1984 but hey ho. I have been able to see every game at The Valley thereafter.
    Holding my nose on Saturday, and that’s the last time I’m going till the owners change
  • edited December 2017
    D- Wasn't at 92 game but will be attending 17 game
    D. Went to my first Charlton game in 93. Introduced to it my my them next door neighbour. He’s still a friend despite it all.
    I was there in 92 and I'll be there Saturday