Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL: YOU and the 1992 / 2017 Portsmouth games

edited December 2017 in General Charlton
Many different reasons of why people may have been / not been at either games, but interested in the split. Please tick whatever option applies to you.

Note: this poll is not anonymous

POLL: YOU and the 1992 / 2017 Portsmouth games 370 votes

A - Attended 92 game but won't be at 17 game
21%
_MrDickJWADDICKlancashire ladKBslittlesisT_C_Epaulbaconsarniecharltonkestondaveroanjimmymelroseaddick1965ChicagoAddickRobbo on the wingoohaahmortimerBDLStrikerFirmaninewyorkaddickTELDaveMehmetSE10AddickBangkokaddick 79 votes
B - Attended 92 game and attending 17 game
38%
AFKABartramRothkoSouthendaddick1905AlgarveaddickCAFCBourneElthamaddickRed_Pete_in_DubaiHenry Irving9goalswentpastperryAddicktedWhenIwasLittleBoyletthegoodtimesrollBuglehornTaverngolfaddickSX_AddickKillersBeardrikofoldshirty5 144 votes
C - Wasn't at 92 game and won't be at 17 game
15%
suzisausageWSSwwaddickInspectorSandsNorthStandUltraPaddy PowellHarryLimeelcafcHovi's BiscuitNugCHGThe EqualiserStigthai malaysia addickJaybinhoMrOneLungmatt896Scohamcovered_end_juniorCallumcafc 57 votes
D- Wasn't at 92 game but will be attending 17 game
24%
cedric winkleburgerCurb_ItLenGloverSolidgoneCafcWestroseandcrownJorgeCostaCrispyleftbehindRedArmySE7gazzaddickShrewThe_OrganiserDippenhallkimboKap10C_A_F_CHarryAMuseUnbelievableStubleyAddick 90 votes

Comments

• A - Attended 92 game but won't be at 17 game
  • B - Attended 92 game and attending 17 game
    Not one for public displays of emotion but I shed tears of joy, relief, whatever back in '92.

Thinking about where we got to, what we achieved and sadly where we've ended up over the last 25 years, together with remembering those that are no longer with us to celebrate, I might take the precaution of sticking a tissue in my pocket next week.*

(*insert your own smutty innuendo here)
  • edited December 2017
    D- Wasn't at 92 game but will be attending 17 game
    D- Still a pup and wasn't actually born before 92.
  • D- Wasn't at 92 game but will be attending 17 game
    Wasn't a Charlton fan in 1992 (9-years old) - Always remember looking out for them in the Ceefax results and tables

Never knew this was all going on just down the road really
    Wasn't born until a few years later. Still means s lot to me though so will be there.
    Looking forward to next week, win lose or draw.
    Was there 25 years ago and plan to be there next week but the poll misses a trick in that it doesn’t asked if a friend or family member was there for the back to the Valley game but definitely can’t be there this time; or even those that through current location or circumstances can’t attend this time
  • C - Wasn't at 92 game and won't be at 17 game
    Didn't go until 95 and not really in the position to get to games at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

I am sure most of the people boycotting at the moment,in their heart,really want to go to this game,but wont out of principle.It is a historic milestone in our clubs history,so no one will think any the worse if for once your boycott is relaxed.So,come on guys,fill the valley and give this team the lift they deserve,this one game could really make a difference to our season.
    Couldn't make it in '92 because I was running a hotel in Bournemouth at the time.
    I'll be there on Saturday.
  • edited December 2017
    2 out of 5 of us from the 92 game will be there.
  • edited December 2017
    There in 92 and will be there next week.

Couldn't make it in '92 because I was running a shop near Grove Park BR station at the time.
    I'll be there on Saturday.

Fixed.
  • edited December 2017
    0 out of 8 there in 92 going.
    As someone who only saw the team very occasionally during the Selhurst and Upton years. I didn't think that it would either be fair or possible for me to get tickets for the Back to The Valley match, consequently I never even tried. Perhaps because I wasn't there on the day I feel less inclined to go to the anniversary match, but I'm sure everyone knows the real reason I won't be attending.
    My father has been given 2 tickets and lounge passes for this game as he used to work for the club.
    He offered me them and by me just erring about taking them has proved to me how out of love with cafc I have become.
  • edited December 2017
    At this rate there could be more Pompey than Charlton that were at the last game and will be at this one..
  • Sponsored links:

Didn't attend the 92 game because I was six weeks old!

Won't be attending the 17 game because I'm living in the States now!

Better excuses than getting my hair cut I think.
    Was at 92 game and will be at 17 game with Idle Jr who wasn't born in 92.
    Watched 92 game from somebodies back garden at top of East terrace with mixture of Charlton & Pompey fans. Couldn't see goal mouth at one end though.
  • edited December 2017
    A
    B, 5 years young for the ‘92 fixture with the old man. Will be there with him ages 61 and 30, up the addicks should be a great day.
    B
    A

#notuntiltheyregone
    well I was too young really though I did start to go to games around this time.

my nan was in hospital so we couldn't attend the game itself but my dad did go down to the valley in the morning just to have a walk round the area again.