Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2018 January Transfer Window Rumours Thread (DEADLINE DAY from Page 56)

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
Might as well start now.

What positions should we be looking to upgrade? Other than striker, of course.

Comments

• Darren Purse and Hayden Mullins.
  • edited December 2017
    I firmly believe there will be a January transfer window. You read it here first.
  • I firmly believe there will be a January transfer window. You read it hear first.

What's your source?
  • Thanks for sharing MKDinpeace. Thats the best rumour a have had since WSS called Joe Dodoo!

We don't have much cover at LB so there could be truth in it.....but Karl might just be helping him keep fit if he's been frozen out up at your place.

Believe KR's priority signings are the obvious striker we need and a midfielder should Aribo go out on loan.
  • edited December 2017
    I don't think he would get anymore mins here than at your place (barring a long term injury to JDS) if that's what the falling out was about....
  • Yeah we don't really need a LB with da silva unless da silva is going back
  • edited December 2017

Resident MK Dons supporter here. Apparently our longest serving player and club captain, Dean Lewington, with over 650 club appearances across 13 seasons, after having a rumoured bust up with our manager (Robbie Neilson) is being sent out on loan in January, probably to you.

https://www.mkdons.com/news/2017/december/robbie-on-dean-lewington/

Rumour is that he has been training with you lot the past couple of weeks, and Lewington posted a photo of himself wearing a Charlton training top on Twitter which someone took a screenshot of (I've attached it).

It's caused a bit of an uproar within our fanbase - the way Neilson has treated our longest serving player, and how he might have played his last ever game for us already without a proper send off.

Not sure what he is going to bring to Charlton if he does go to you. He has been 2nd choice LB here (although he can play at CB too), and is noticeably slower than previous seasons. Gets 3 or 4 assists every season and has scored every season he's played in though.

Sure that's not Prince Harry? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Lewington always seemed solid whenever we came across him a few seasons back. Whether he would be first choice ahead of Dasilva though, I'm not sure.

Maybe Karl has plans to push Dasilva further forward... can imagine Lewington's experience would be very useful on the gritty northern away days.
  • Yeah we don't really need a LB with da silva unless da silva is going back

An contraire. Page is not going to feature this season in my opinion. Dasilva can’t be expected to play every game. If Dasilva is unavailable we are fitting square pegs into round holes. An experienced left back and one that knows how to play under Robinson’s system would be a good move as long as it’s not going to cost very much which it obviously isn’t.

• Thought we were in for Lewington while Powell was still here. Better late than never I suppose. Not really sure where he would fit in unless it was a permanent signing as we have Page as a backup. Maybe Robinson sees him as a replacement for Konsa at CB when he inevitably goes in January.

Alternatively, it could just be that Lewington has been banished and Robinson is helping him out by letting him train and keep fit ahead of a move somewhere in Jan.

Page as back up would be OK if he was ever available.

Lewington to cover Dasilva would be decent enough even if not a priority.
  • As I posted in the summer thread yesterday:

Charlton, Oxford United and Hearts are keen to sign Woking's 24-year-old defender Nathan Ralph. (Sun)
  • Sponsored links:

• I firmly believe there will be a January transfer window. You read it hear first.

What's your source?
    Guinness or malt whisky. Oh, source, not sauce.
  • Not at all what is needed... signings away from attack reduces the buget unnecessarily whilst under RD

HOPEFULLY takeover soon
  • Some Dons fans seem to think we’ll be getting Chuks Aneke too.
  • Would love us to get Aneke but can’t see it happening. Would certainly add some height to the team too.
  • Would love for us to get Agard but that’s another I can’t see happening at all.
  • Agree, very much doubt we’ll get Aneke , mainly becasue he’ll cost and MKD don’t have to sell!

Think we’re going to be linked with MKD players all month, similar to summer and last January - with the only come coming potentially Lewington!