Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any news re Bauer’s injury?

Given to understand there was supposed to be an announcement this morning.

Comments

• Not any inside knowledge at all (haven’t spoken to the physio this week) but my guess is that it’ll be 4-6 weeks, definitely hamstring/quads, probably a more severe grade two than borderline.

Hope I am wrong of course.
  • I thought he injured his foot.
  • dickplumb said:

I thought he injured his foot.

It may well have been but from my view on Tuesday night, it looked like he hurt his hamstring and the way he tried moving wasn’t the way someone would limp if it was the foot.

You may well be correct though. Just have to see in the announcement.
  • Looked like a foot injury to ME.

He got it after he caught a Peterborough boot after kicking ball away. I would not be surprised to learn that it was a broken Metatarsal, hope I am wrong as that could be around 8 weeks
  • No announcement then?
  • I thought he did it just by kicking the ball away
  • Didn't Robbo mention something about a deep wound, and having to look away because he was screamish.

Sounds like my experience every time I watch Charlton defend.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Screamish or squeamish?

I've heard his foot was hanging on by a single tendon (I haven't but the story is getting worse as the thread goes on)

By the time we get to the bottom of the first page he will have had to have a leg amputated and will be out for at least two months.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Screamish or squeamish?

I've heard his foot was hanging on by a single tendon (I haven't but the story is getting worse as the thread goes on)

By the time we get to the bottom of the first page he will have had to have a leg amputated and will be out for at least two months.
    He'll still be better on one leg than some of the early network players that turned up at the training ground kit bag in hand enquiring 'Is Chris Powell available? Roland sent me' :smirk:
  • Dazzler21 said:

Screamish or squeamish?

By the time we get to the bottom of the second page, he'll be like the Black Knight from Holy Grail...
  • He is being laid to rest on Monday this week. No flowers just rosettes.
  • He is currently on holiday in Dubai with Katie.

Naby is needed here so he couldn't make it
  • RIP Paddy's peg.
  • Patrick has been reincarnated as a higher life form which only exists on a spiritual level so we can only play him in cup games until we get football league clearance.