Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Options

Going to Lingfield tomorrow - any tips?

Nothing? Really?

After my two failed tips, none of you are willing to help me?

Bastards.

:-)
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Nothing? Really?

Bastards.

Personally i'd back S De Sousa's mounts e/w, apart from the last one of which the 3-40 he should win comfortably but i lose more than i win,
    good luck.
  • Options

Nothing? Really?

Bastards.

We went to Ascot yesterday and I lost all 6, so no tips from me.
  • Options
    Cue card 2nd to Bristol de mai by 57 lengths! Surely time to retire cue card
  • Options
    Backed 3 horses, all 3 came second!

Fuck it!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Total Recall - Ladbrokes Trophy (Hennessy) - 2 December.

My source quotes Mullins: "If the English handicapper doesn't go too hard on him he'll beat these senseless. Will go off 3/1"

Currently 8/1

Also - Samcro - Ballymore Novices Hurdle (formerly Neptune) at Cheltenham. Currently 5/1 so value sort of gone (I'm on at bigger thankfully) - it's a machine and "a class apart".

Samcro very impressive yesterday at Navan - now as low as 2/1 for the Ballymore.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Total Recall - Ladbrokes Trophy (Hennessy) - 2 December.

My source quotes Mullins: "If the English handicapper doesn't go too hard on him he'll beat these senseless. Will go off 3/1"

Currently 8/1

Also - Samcro - Ballymore Novices Hurdle (formerly Neptune) at Cheltenham. Currently 5/1 so value sort of gone (I'm on at bigger thankfully) - it's a machine and "a class apart".

Samcro very impressive yesterday at Navan - now as low as 2/1 for the Ballymore.
    Backed Total Recall following your original post so looking forward to Saturday
  • Options
    may be just me but coneygree seems huge at 16/1
  • Options
    Make no mistake, Samcro is a very very special horse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peanuts is back ! Hope you’re sticking around for the Becher in a couple of weeks ?!
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Peanuts is back ! Hope you’re sticking around for the Becher in a couple of weeks ?!

Cheers Alan. Will definitely give it a lash this year.
    Good man, Peanuts. Good to see you back and hope you're well.
  • Options

Cheers Alan. Will definitely give it a lash this year.
    Good to see you back mate!

But just in case, can we have your National tips for the next ten years? ;)
  • Options
    Anna mix out for season
  • Options

Anna mix out for season

Sh*t!!
  • Options

Fine chaser, of course, Chief but age is against him for this race. Last winner older than 9 was 36 years ago.

Key stats:

• Unless previous winner (don't rule out near-missers), you want a runner younger than 9 - stats most favour 6 or 7 y-o

• 3-14 chases, winning or near-missing 40%+

• 0 or 1 run since June

• Not Irish-trained

• Rated 145+

Based on these, I shall be having an interest in:

AMERICAN 6/1 and
    CAROLE'S DESTRIER 25/1

biggest danger: SINGLEFARMPAYMENT 7/1

Completely agree. I would however much rather Cogry than Singlefarmpayment, who is 3x the odds and beat him on their last run fairly comfortably. He's quite well treated and at 20/1 is more than entitled to outrun his odds.

I'd be inclined to recommend American 1.5pts win, and both Carole's Destrier and Cogry 0.5pts e/w.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    PaddyP17 said:

Fine chaser, of course, Chief but age is against him for this race. Last winner older than 9 was 36 years ago.

Key stats:

• Unless previous winner (don't rule out near-missers), you want a runner younger than 9 - stats most favour 6 or 7 y-o

• 0 or 1 run since June

• Not Irish-trained

• Rated 145+

AMERICAN 6/1 and
    CAROLE'S DESTRIER 25/1

Completely agree. I would however much rather Cogry than Singlefarmpayment, who is 3x the odds and beat him on their last run fairly comfortably. He's quite well treated and at 20/1 is more than entitled to outrun his odds.

I'd be inclined to recommend American 1.5pts win, and both Carole's Destrier and Cogry 0.5pts e/w.
    Cheers Chief. Given the prices, it was a choice for me between American and Singlefarmpayment, both being top of the stats-list with Carole's Destrier. Like you, I have reservations about SFP so the former for me.

I do want a third runner on my slip however and, while very much respecting Cogry (I agree a nice e/w proposition at 20s), at the prices my final selection is: MISSED APPROACH (33/1)

Also looks well-in vs SFP (form line via Arpege d'Alene) and had one of the Irish fancies, A Genie In A Bottle (best price 10/1), well behind at the Festival at level weights (MA receives 7lbs on Sat). Course winner, albeit over the floppies. Dickie on board, looking for back-to-back wins - perfect pilot for MA's usual, prominent running-style. In fact, 10 of past 11 winners raced handy - as typically does American but not SFP.

Cogry has a few lbs in hand of him on Scot Nat form but the step back in trip should suit my fella, who ticks all the stats for the winning-profile bar one. Of course, we're looking at e/w propostions here (so let's hope both oblige) and, while the winners are typically 10/1 or shorter (though that's not a relevant stat for me), unsurprisingly for a big staying handicap chase, long shots often go well in this: 25/1+ runners making the frame in 9 of the last 11 Hennessys (and, for me, it shall forever be known as such) - the SPs of the 3 behind Native River last time were 25, 50, 33/1.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT: 21 declared - only once has there been a larger field in 50+ years.
  • Options
    If you can get on William Hill are going SEVEN places for the Hennessey.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Key stats:

• 0 or 1 run since June

• Not Irish-trained

• Rated 145+

AMERICAN 6/1 and
    CAROLE'S DESTRIER 25/1

Cheers Chief. Given the prices, it was a choice for me between American and Singlefarmpayment, both being top of the stats-list with Carole's Destrier. Like you, I have reservations about SFP so the former for me.

I do want a third runner on my slip however and, while very much respecting Cogry (I agree a nice e/w proposition at 20s), at the prices my final selection is: MISSED APPROACH (33/1)

Also looks well-in vs SFP (form line via Arpege d'Alene) and had one of the Irish fancies, A Genie In A Bottle (best price 10/1), well behind at the Festival at level weights (MA receives 7lbs on Sat). Course winner, albeit over the floppies. Dickie on board, looking for back-to-back wins - perfect pilot for MA's usual, prominent running-style. In fact, 10 of past 11 winners raced handy - as typically does American but not SFP.

Cogry has a few lbs in hand of him on Scot Nat form but the step back in trip should suit my fella, who ticks all the stats for the winning-profile bar one. Of course, we're looking at e/w propostions here (so let's hope both oblige) and, while the winners are typically 10/1 or shorter (though that's not a relevant stat for me), unsurprisingly for a big staying handicap chase, long shots often go well in this: 25/1+ runners making the frame in 9 of the last 11 Hennessys (and, for me, it shall forever be known as such) - the SPs of the 3 behind Native River last time were 25, 50, 33/1.

Fingers crossed.

EDIT: 21 declared - only once has there been a larger field in 50+ years.
    I am waiting for Ben Linfoot or Hugh Taylor or someone to tip up Missed Approach. Another that was on the list, but then again I would say me and my team consider win purposes more than you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peanuts great to have you back Sir.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Cheers smiffy, too kind.
    Just having a little pre-Aintree warm-up. Which steed's carrying your shilling on Saturday?

BTW - great tip re Apples Shakira - sorely tempted (and of course now wish I'd succumbed) but long-since gave up on anything under 26f. Hope she brings home the bacon for you.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    First-time blinkers for Missed Approach on Saturday (ditto Potters Legend and Southfield Royale). Greatrex put cheek pieces on him first-time for his close 2nd in the Festival 4-miler.
  • Options
    Something amiss with Thistlecrack there. And Yanworth was always overrated IMO.

If I were TC's connections, though, I wouldn't be unhappy - he's round safe, gets back after I presume a much-needed run, and will look better later in the season. (Plus there's the benefit that his odds might well lengthen for any ante-post considerations.)
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

If I were TC's connections, though, I wouldn't be unhappy - he's round safe, gets back after I presume a much-needed run, and will look better later in the season. (Plus there's the benefit that his odds might well lengthen for any ante-post considerations.)

Mate had 20 quid on beer goggles at 50s. Beers on him tonight.
  • Options

PaddyP17 said:

Mate had 20 quid on beer goggles at 50s. Beers on him tonight.
  • Options
    Total Recall !!!!!!!!!!!! nice one @bobmunro great finish
  • Options
    @bobmunro you legend!
  • Options
    Cheers @bobmunro backed @ 8/1