Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do we still have a kent coach service?

My mum lives in Kent and ideally i'd like to get a coach after the Blackpool game to hers for Xmas. Do we still run that coach service and if so can you just use one part of the journey?

Comments

• tom- k said:

My mum lives in Kent and ideally i'd like to get a coach after the Blackpool game to hers for Xmas. Do we still run that coach service and if so can you just use one part of the journey?

where in Kent exactly?

• tom- k said:

where in Kent exactly?

In Whistable.
  • tom- k said:

tom- k said:

where in Kent exactly?

In Whistable.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/documents/valley_express_routes_3pm_1718.pdf

Route 4

• Thanks guys

• I'm late to the party as usual.

I was going to suggest you ask East Kent Addicks?

• Ask Paul Scally
  • edited November 2017
    To be honest mate if trains are running you're better off getting a train.

I used to go to the valley from Canterbury east when I was at uni and it's far better than the coach.

From Charlton get the Gillingham train. Change at either Gills or Chatham. Get the ramsgate/Dover Priory train from there, will stop at Whitstable.

The coaches go all round the houses before they get anywhere near that part of Kent.

Although there are (marginally) less diseases on a coach. And less scumbags.
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

I used to go to the valley from Canterbury east when I was at uni and it's far better than the coach.

From Charlton get the Gillingham train. Change at either Gills or Chatham. Get the ramsgate/Dover Priory train from there, will stop at Whitstable.

The coaches go all round the houses before they get anywhere near that part of Kent.

You got some front your slagging the trains off on a daily basis.
    Yeah. You ever been on a Charlton coach to Kent? A 25 min journey takes you an hour and a half because you stop off at 126 different drop offs on the way.getting down to Whitstable would take them a week.

Yes I slag off Southeastern but when it's not commuter times they usually manage to at least run a train without any major issues.
  • clb74 said:

You got some front your slagging the trains off on a daily basis.
    Yeah. You ever been on a Charlton coach to Kent? A 25 min journey takes you an hour and a half because you stop off at 126 different drop offs on the way.getting down to Whitstable would take them a week.

Yes I slag off Southeastern but when it's not commuter times they usually manage to at least run a train without any major issues.
    Oi Im still having nightmares about Fleetwood last season.
    Got on at Bromley 75 minutes later at Dartford would of taken me less time to walk to Dartford and get on there
  • To be honest mate if trains are running you're better off getting a train.

Thank you, i'll do this then.
  • tom- k said:

Thank you, i'll do this then.
    Good luck Tom
  • Proper Charlton experience using the train!!

Although I bet Canters will be on his knees praying that the trains dont mess up that night now ;)
  • To be honest getting the coach from Faversham is very easy and much cheaper than the train. Costs £11 per match return and yes does take an hour roughly but no dramas. Plus doesn't involve any time in Gillingham which is a bonus :wink:
  • edited November 2017
    Whitstable ought to be the last pick-up, first drop-off even with the way they run it now.

There are too many pick-ups on some routes because of the way it has been run down, but that’s only a problem if you get on/off further out.
  • edited November 2017

Whitstable ought to be the last pick-up, first drop-off even with the way they run it now.

There are too many pick-ups on some routes because of the way it has been run down, but that’s only a problem if you get on/off further out.

In whixh case I concede my earlier point and say you may be better off on the coach.

Although I'm not sure they'll be able to let you book just the return journey. They might make you pay for both.
  • More like your worried Tom wouldn't make his Christmas dinner
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

More like your worried Tom wouldn't make his Christmas dinner

No I assumed Whitstable would be the 150th stop off not the first. So if that's the case it woukd probably just be quicker.
  • Train at 17:29 change at Rochester. Will take about 100 minutes.£25.
  • Crusty54 said:

Train at 17:29 change at Rochester. Will take about 100 minutes.£25.

£25 ....?

You could probably fly Ryan Air to Malaga for that!

• Oggy Red said:

Crusty54 said:

Train at 17:29 change at Rochester. Will take about 100 minutes.£25.

£25 ....?

You could probably fly Ryan Air to Malaga for that!

Yeah but at least with Valley Express you get someone to operate the thing...