Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League Goal of the season 2017/2018

Over already Rooney just scored from inside his own half

Comments

• Amazing goal, will take some beating.
  • Brilliant. Intended, no fluke, great skill.
    One of the best goals I've ever seen.
  • still think that lad from Southamptons was better......and I think Rooney has already got at least 1 Goal of the Season (bicycle kick v Man City ?)
  • To be fair it was an open goal (Luton player did one better a few weeks back) but Rooney did well as this has gone as straight as an arrow
  • Fantastic goal.
  • To be fair it was an open goal (Luton player did one better a few weeks back) but Rooney did well as this has gone as straight as an arrow

Robert Lee’s son.
  • edited November 2017

still think that lad from Southamptons was better......and I think Rooney has already got at least 1 Goal of the Season (bicycle kick v Man City ?)

3, impressively.

Could be 4 after this one!

• Rooney continually getting goal of the season was absolutely ludicrous favouritism tbf. The Man City one, maybe (albeit a shinner). The Newcastle one was an uncontested volley from 18 yards and the other one I've forgotten but I remember thinking 'no ffs' for that too.

Scoring against no keeper is not as hard as it seems. Even that Ibrahimovic goal just had to be on target.

Sorry to be churlish ;)
  • OK I've just seen this goal

What are you all on, the ball came straight to him, most professionals would expect to hit the target from there. It's a goalkeeping error
  • A couple more great goals tonight (and last night) - Mahrez, Vardy & Lingard
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

OK I've just seen this goal

What are you all on, the ball came straight to him, most professionals would expect to hit the target from there. It's a goalkeeping error

Wrong. Most professionals would miss the target with a snapshot from 60 yards. Rooney's strike was perfect. And, while he didn't have to beat the keeper, their were defenders' heads to navigate.

Sheer brilliance.
  • MrOneLung said:

To be fair it was an open goal (Luton player did one better a few weeks back) but Rooney did well as this has gone as straight as an arrow

Robert Lee’s son.
    I wonder why he didn’t take his Dads surname? Wayne Lee sounds much better.
  • edited November 2017
    Leuth said:

Rooney continually getting goal of the season was absolutely ludicrous favouritism tbf. The Man City one, maybe (albeit a shinner). The Newcastle one was an uncontested volley from 18 yards and the other one I've forgotten but I remember thinking 'no ffs' for that too.

Scoring against no keeper is not as hard as it seems. Even that Ibrahimovic goal just had to be on target.

Sorry to be churlish ;)

The Newcastle one didn't win Goal of the Season (which I was surprised about).

He lost out to... himself. A goal v Boro apparently.
  • edited November 2017
    MrOneLung said:

To be fair it was an open goal (Luton player did one better a few weeks back) but Rooney did well as this has gone as straight as an arrow

Robert Lee’s son.
    Yeah Oliver Lee... (His Brother also plays for Luton)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5p_4o4E6M0
  • Not sure I get the hype of this goal. It was well taken with good technique but it's no Shaun Bartlett volley is it?
  • Not sure I get the hype of this goal. It was well taken with good technique but it's no Shaun Bartlett volley is it?

Agreed... Rooney has said it was his best ever but surely his goal against City is better?

Agreed... Rooney has said it was his best ever but surely his goal against City is better?
    Wait, Wayne Rooney said Shaun Bartlett's goal against City was better than his one against Leicester?