Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karlan Ahearne Grant (Joins Crawley on loan - Page 6)

Comments

• Kick on now KAG, you offer something none of our other out and out strikers do Pace as well as strength.

Go smash it.
  • edited November 2017

So pleased for him.

Once you've scored one you'll score more.

He's already got 2 hasn't he?
  • edited November 2017
    Still only 20. Getting lots of stick on social media. You never see any of our fothet forwards taking a gamble an getting into those positions
  • 1 goal means nothing but good luck to him, hope he kicks on and proves us wrong.

Meant we got a point rather than nothing...
    I'm sure @cafcfan1990 meant in terms of his career. Still has a lot to prove, hopefully this is a turning point for him.
  • thought he did well off the bench last Tuesday and again today. hope he kicks on
  • Pleased for him, he barely touched the ball when he came on but showed great positional awareness to get on the knockdown

After not scoring for 2 years, this should give him a confidence boost, hopefully he'll play well against AFC on Sunday
  • So pleased for him,just what he needed,hope he kicks on from this,and we will now see the player which he is capable of becomimg
  • Really pleased for him.

When he came on I said to my mate I hope he scores then at least something worthwhile from the evening. Nicking us a point a real bonus. Still hard to believe he is only 20. I would hate it if he left as I really think he shows promise.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1 goal means nothing but good luck to him, hope he kicks on and proves us wrong.

Finally scoring a goal after a long barren period can mean everything to a young forward.

It's a confidence game.

KAG must be ecstatic at scoring that late equaliser.

• Hopefully him and Dodoo will play on Saturday and both score/have good games as we need as much competition for places as possible
  • As I've said elsewhere a proper goalscorer's goal tonight.
  • sam3110 said:

Hopefully him and Dodoo will play on Saturday and both score/have good games as we need as much competition for places as possible

Even better if they play and score on Sunday :smile:

But seriously, we need our fringe players to step up. I imagine the FA Cup game will also give Best some more game time too
  • Didn't realise he was only 20 still, deserves time.
  • Oggy Red said:

1 goal means nothing but good luck to him, hope he kicks on and proves us wrong.

Finally scoring a goal after a long barren period can mean everything to a young forward.

It's a confidence game.

KAG must be ecstatic at scoring that late equaliser.

I really hope it helps him kick on.

Like many others, I have openly stated I don't rate him based on what if I have seen and heard. That's whether it was out wide or up front.

Of course I would be happy to be proved wrong. Don't want any of our players to fail, anyone that does isn't a true fan.
  • Would love to be proved wrong, still dont think he will cut it. average League 1 player at best which isn't good enough :)
  • Even Reza had Elland Road.

He is not good enough at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• KAG played a starring role last time we overturned a 2-0 deficit at home in the last ten (setting up Cousins with a perfect cross). Maybe it's his best medium
  • I’m pleased for the guy, I really hope he can kick on from this, would you start him in the fa cup game at the weeekend, or put him on the bench if you were Robbo?
  • He has to start at the weekend, maybe up front with Best in a 442.
  • Along with others who don't particularly rate him I would love to be proved wrong and see him have a great second half of the season.

Definitely in front of Dodoo in the pecking order I would play him at Wimbledon while his confidence is high.
  • KAG has impressed me greatly this last week, for the first time ever. KR has said he just need to believes in himself, lets hope this goal does his confidence the world of good and he can establish himself in the team and push on from here.

Exactly. He could be just the player we need to make some forward runs. The midfielders can't thread anything through because Magennis is too static at the moment and out of form.
  • Along with others who don't particularly rate him I would love to be proved wrong and see him have a great second half of the season.

Definitely in front of Dodoo in the pecking order I would play him at Wimbledon while his confidence is high.

I would have assumed he'd be playing against AFC anyway, Magennis and Marshall probably need a rest
  • charltonJ said:

Didn't realise he was only 20 still, deserves time.

He doesn't deserve a thing.

He's worked hard but with no end result really. Our investment is yet to be repaid. We deserve him putting in 100% every time.

• Karl Robinson was delighted for Karlan Ahearne-Grant, after his goal rescued an unlikely point for Charlton at home to Peterborough United.

The Addicks were trailing their visitors 2-0 as the clock ticked over ninety minutes. Ricky Holmes halved the deficit from the spot in the first minute of added-time, with Ahearne-Grant burying Naby Sarr’s knock-down three minutes later to score his first ever league goal at The Valley – and his first anywhere since September 2015.

“I’m so happy for him,” beamed Robinson.

“I just gave him a big hug in there. He gets criticism because sometimes it maybe doesn’t look like he has that hunger in his belly. I can assure everybody that he certainly has that. It really hurts Karlan when he doesn’t play well. He’s so desperate to do well for this football club. Hopefully this will be another step forward."