Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Peterborough match thread

Comments

• After all of our moans, let us hope Holmes gets a free-kick right in the second half
  • Teams out for the second half
  • 46' Peterborough get the second half underway... #cafc
  • Attendance: 9,532 (453 #pufc fans) #CHAvPET
  • just seen the line up, there is nothing on the bench to bring on and make a positive change if needed. Thanks Roland.
  • just seen the line up, there is nothing on the bench to bring on and make a positive change if needed. Thanks Roland.

That is because they are all injured
  • T_C_E said:

So sad :(image

Our grounds too big for us...

...all the time Roland's here.
    If they are still here and we dont go up, I can see them closing stands next season.
  • Laddick01 said:

Just stick KAG on and hope he finally remembers he's a footballer.

It is frustrating that KAG is mainly a Striker yet hasnt played cos of Magennis - Best comes in and we sort of revert to 442... Why not do that with Karlan rather than sticking him out wide
    Robinson didn't plan a 442. Although I agree to a point, it shows what he thinks of KAG and Dodoo.

The reason he isn't playing karlan up front is because he is shit.
  • Game in hand going to shit Playoffs my Arse!!
  • 47' Patrick Bauer has picked up a knock and is down receiving treatment. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

Has been and will continue to be our main issue under RD, squad depth doesn't exist. Our bench will continuously be academy players and (sorry Jacko) old coaches until he leaves.
  • 9 532 hahahaha nowhere near it
  • Beaur injures his foot after clearnance

Little bit harsh, we do have Fosu, Reeves and Clarke all out.

I'm all for Roland fucking off, but we have a very strong attacking midfield if they are ever going to be all fit.
  • Those pics of the Valley tonight are heartbreaking......... Think things are going to fold soon. Premier£hip football and unfit and improper ownership have shafted it for us British football.
  • 49' The BFG is back up, hobbling but continuing... #cafc
  • I'll give you Fosu and Clarke but Reeves was a fuck up from the start.
  • smiffyboy said:

Kids football up and down the country we teach them to defend goal side so someone please tell me why from a free kick on the edge of our box most of our players are standing the wrong side of their man, allowing them a free run to get on the end of the ball and score. It’s so fucking basic yet we can’t manage it, shocking defending.

Easy really. We go back a yard to be goal side. They then move a furtger
    smiffyboy said:

Kids football up and down the country we teach them to defend goal side so someone please tell me why from a free kick on the edge of our box most of our players are standing the wrong side of their man, allowing them a free run to get on the end of the ball and score. It’s so fucking basic yet we can’t manage it, shocking defending.

If we go goalside, they move forward one further yard. We then retreat another yard to get goalside. Finally, with both sides retreating and retreating, we end up defending on our goal line. Not very sensible; we need to hold our line further up the pitch.
  • Ragtag of has beens, babies, and never will be's
  • Amis parties away a shot from Marriot Bauer hobbling a lot
  • Sponsored links:

• Djiksteel coming on for Baeur
  • 51' Ben Amos dives to his left to keep out a low strike from Maddison. 0-1. #cafc
  • I don't think anyone should be too surprised to see us selling one or two of our better players in January with inadequate replacements.
  • Not any more.

Replaced by Iron Willy.
  • 52' SUB | Bauer is still struggling and is going to make way. He's replaced by Anfernee Dijksteel. #cafc

Assume Konsa CB and Anfernee RB
  • You know a player is having a bad game when they also get 'injured'
  • Now who is captain?
  • ross1 said:

Magennis starting on the left according to commentary team.

As I forecasted earlier
    I know forecasted is not incorrect, though forecast is the preferred past tense, but it always sounds horrible. Just a person preference but I thought I'd share with you all.
  • sm said:

someone needs to introduce Holmes to DaSilva, who is always running into a sensible position to receive the ball and is a far better crosser of the ball.

I think theyve been playing well together tonight, but Posh have obviously done their homework (like i have) and there's always 3 around Ricky.
    Three around Holmes must mean a couple of players without markers.

No chance of completing a pass to them tonight though.
  • ross1 said:

Magennis starting on the left according to commentary team.

As I forecasted earlier
    I know forecasted is not incorrect, though forecast is the preferred past tense, but it always sounds horrible. Just a person preference but I thought I'd share with you all.
    Whatever
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!