Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Extra tickets for Pompey? (Ed. Yes, extra 700)

edited November 2017 in General Charlton
Saw tweet from a Pompey group, no idea whether true or not. Regardless of empty home seats, can't see it being entertained (but nothing would surprise me)

Comments

• Hopefully the owner is thinking "One last payday"
    Its the feckin hope that kills you! ;)
  • Nothing would surprise me with this lot. However we do owe them one from the game in 1992 so in that respect it would be a nice gesture.
  • Surely we let them beat us in the Checkatrade recently?
  • Sollied said:

Think the initial allocation is 2000 - therefore the extra 1400 is the upper part of the jimmy seed

They've sold their extra, just under 3k. Which surprised me as thought the South held 300-400 more
  • Sollied said:

Think the initial allocation is 2000 - therefore the extra 1400 is the upper part of the jimmy seed

Article say 3k already sold. I imagine the 1.4k is the upper west.

Final decision will probably come down to the police, and I reckon they will probably say no.
  • Sollied said:

They've sold their extra, just under 3k. Which surprised me as thought the South held 300-400 more
    probably segregated the lower tier at each side as the East and West will be packed at that end ;-)
  • Seems like the person was basing it off Bournemouth getting extra so suspect this is unlikely
  • If they were to put extra fans in the end block of the west, that is where the Pompy fans were in 1992.

Just need to bring back the portacabins now
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw tweet from a Pompey group, no idea whether true or not. Regardless of empty home seats, can't see it being entertained (but nothing would surprise me)

Yup my mate is in charge of those Pompey tickets think the first 2000 went in 24hrs they got another thousand and they have all gone. we will meet in the White Swan before the game we had better win too or we will never here the last of it
  • Sollied said:

Hiya Tone, still not caught on.
    Its "The Jimmy Seed Stand" and to help you out its written on the front in feckin great big letters.
    And no sugar in mine. ;)
  • Giving that they only took 150 tickets for the first match back at the Valley, letting them use some seats which will otherwise probably be empty seems fair.
  • Saw a few on Twitter saying they're buying tickets in the home end.

Not sure why it's not on restricted sale, could spoil a great day if 10%+ of the crowd is made up of Portsmouth.
  • Saw a few on Twitter saying they're buying tickets in the home end.

Not sure why it's not on restricted sale, could spoil a great day if 10%+ of the crowd is made up of Portsmouth.

If we completely sold out The Valley (stop laughing at the back) then they’d have more than 10% already.
  • WSS said:

Saw a few on Twitter saying they're buying tickets in the home end.

If we completely sold out The Valley (stop laughing at the back) then they’d have more than 10% already.
    I meant 10% of the home end
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember the cup game when they had 8-10,000.
  • Remember the cup game when they had 8-10,000.

Yes
  • Don’t see the issue giving them 1400 in the West Upper. We won’t sell more than 12,000.
  • edited November 2017
    Understand the extra seats would be blocks A and B in the east stand, but the police may not allow it. The difficulty is that it’s probably better to give them extra than have them buying in home stands.

The Jimmy Seed Stand has 3,400 seats but it’s usual practice to hold some back.
  • Pompey are getting some really impressive gates at the moment, better than many Championship clubs

Is it Block A which is empty at the moment? Surely people are already sitting in Block B, so shifting them at this late stage would be awkward, it's not like a cup game where everyone has to buy tickets afresh.
  • Don’t see the issue giving them 1400 in the West Upper. We won’t sell more than 12,000.

No we wont,
    The issue arises when Season ticket holders(some of which have probably had the same seat for years)are told to move and compensated with a voucher for 7 chips
  • Pompey are getting some really impressive gates at the moment, better than many Championship clubs

Is it Block A which is empty at the moment? Surely people are already sitting in Block B, so shifting them at this late stage would be awkward, it's not like a cup game where everyone has to buy tickets afresh.

Both blocks are closed. You’d still need a sterile area.

Both blocks are closed. You’d still need a sterile area.
    Thanks, I assume the "Y" section is Block B