Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Co Operative Bank

They've had some real negative press over the last few years.
But i'd just like to say, what a fabulous Bank they are, so helpful to me over the past few years, and it always seems that nothing is a major issue- and their phone and online support is in England too (well, its in Liverpool , but i'll let them off) and also very good.

Well done and Thank you.

Comments

• They are good and I have got the no frills peasant account with no overdraft. As someone who is a complete fuck wit with my own money it keeps me in check very nicely.
  • Are they streaming the Ashes on-line?
  • Got stitched up royally by the shower of shits that are NatWest, utter fucking lying scum. Went to the coop about 6 years ago and have nothing but praise for them, brilliant service.
  • I've been with them about 35 years after being messed about by Barclays, never had a problem with them at all.
  • METRO all they way baby
  • I can't bank with a bank owned by shareholders when there are buildings societies offering the same service. I used to bank with the Co-op but the stitched me up for £2.50 in 1981 so I've been with Nationwide ever since.
  • I've got savings with them and they are fine (although wouldn't keep too much with them as they are far from stable) but not a current account.

Handelsbanken for most of my banking - now that's service.
  • edited November 2017
    do coop bank managers often read Charlton life on the off chance someone reviews their business? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

All the clique use CouttsRBS. Service isn't perfect, but we all get invites to Harrys wedding.

Fixed that for you!

Coutts aint what they used to be.

• bobmunro said:

I've got savings with them and they are fine (although wouldn't keep too much with them as they are far from stable) but not a current account.

Never heard of them, their website is pretty awful, what's the deal?
  • I'm moving from Lloyds, been with them 35 years, they've turned into absolute shits. had a large overdraft for years and years with an agreed fee (I'm ok with that) but in the last month the fee has gone up 5 fold, went and saw them and the manager said, 'there is nothing we can do, this change has come from on high, Im losing customers left, right and centre', so he advised me to move all my accounts.
    So if anyone has any recommendations, let me know. cheers
  • edited November 2017

bobmunro said:

I've got savings with them and they are fine (although wouldn't keep too much with them as they are far from stable) but not a current account.

Pretty much all decisions are made at branch level without having to seek permission from the big corporate bods, all interest rates are negotiable (which is why you don't see too much on their website), brilliant mobile banking app, and I have a personal Individual Account Manager who I can contact pretty much 24/7 - she looks after about 60 accounts! If I need to see her she comes to my office! A significant number of their customers are ex-Coutts!

It's old-fashioned banking how it used to be.
  • Change banks nearly every year. Free money, seems silly not to.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Pretty much all decisions are made at branch level without having to seek permission from the big corporate bods, all interest rates are negotiable (which is why you don't see too much on their website), brilliant mobile banking app, and I have a personal Individual Account Manager who I can contact pretty much 24/7 - she looks after about 60 accounts! If I need to see her she comes to my office! A significant number of their customers are ex-Coutts!

Do they charge a fee/is there a minimum level of investment?
  • Talal said:

Change banks nearly every year. Free money, seems silly not to.

Not sure I could cope with that. Sorting out d/d's, downloading and getting to understand new online system and App, Getting all your companys to amend their system. New cards etc.
    Sounds like stress big time to me.
  • Greenie said:

I'm moving from Lloyds, been with them 35 years, they've turned into absolute shits. had a large overdraft for years and years with an agreed fee (I'm ok with that) but in the last month the fee has gone up 5 fold, went and saw them and the manager said, 'there is nothing we can do, this change has come from on high, Im losing customers left, right and centre', so he advised me to move all my accounts.

@Greenie been with FirstDirect since they started over 20 years now and they are excellent.
  • Nug said:

Greenie said:

I'm moving from Lloyds, been with them 35 years, they've turned into absolute shits. had a large overdraft for years and years with an agreed fee (I'm ok with that) but in the last month the fee has gone up 5 fold, went and saw them and the manager said, 'there is nothing we can do, this change has come from on high, Im losing customers left, right and centre', so he advised me to move all my accounts.

@Greenie been with FirstDirect since they started over 20 years now and they are excellent.
    Thanks mate, not the first to mention them, thanks again.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

They waive my fee but typically £15 per month. Their charge card is a Visa Infinite that costs £350 a year but with that you get top drawer travel insurance, worldwide airport lounge access, concierge service and free upgrades at a lot of hotels linked to Visa's Infinite programme.

No minimum level of investment, well at least not advertised like for example Coutts or Nat West Black - but unlikely to get an account with a low salary.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

They waive my fee but typically £15 per month. Their charge card is a Visa Infinite that costs £350 a year but with that you get top drawer travel insurance, worldwide airport lounge access, concierge service and free upgrades at a lot of hotels linked to Visa's Infinite programme.

No minimum level of investment, well at least not advertised like for example Coutts or Nat West Black - but unlikely to get an account with a low salary.
    Thanks - may investigate
  • Talal said:

Change banks nearly every year. Free money, seems silly not to.

Not sure I could cope with that. Sorting out d/d's, downloading and getting to understand new online system and App, Getting all your companys to amend their system. New cards etc.
    Sounds like stress big time to me.
    They sort out all the dd's, it all just switches over. New app/online is easy as is cutting up old card and replacing with new one in wallet :wink:
    Minimal stress involved for 100 to 150 quid.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Only thing to remember is that they have their own Base Rate if you need to borrow. Currently 1.25% against the BoE's 0.50%. As @bobmunro says though, everything is negotiable.
  • Good as it sounds, I just don't use my bank for much other than watching money fly in and fly out again. A decent website works for me. The co-op website is a bit of a pain if I'm honest, though I've sussed it out (juggling various deposit, joint and savings accounts and cards).

Heard nothing but good news about first direct... But they are part of HSBC. Put it this way, if I pass an HSBC cash machine I take a tenner out because in my mind I'm just taking back the money those slags owe me
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Reading this confirms I'm not cut out for a customer service/relations job. Someone contacts me 24/7 I'll be at their office alright... Asking which of my hands they want to feel the rough side of first.
  • Yep, I've been with First Direct 20 odd years too, and am very pleased with them. They do charge a fee after 6 months if you don't have a certain amount going through your current account regularly, but they waive that if you get a credit card/savings account with them too.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Interesting as I had a letter from them the other day, hadn't heard of them before, might look them up. Been with first direct a long while and are pretty good but are becoming more savvy.
  • not FSCS registered I see...... but the Swedish equivalent
  • Another vote for first direct
  • Rob7Lee said:

not FSCS registered I see...... but the Swedish equivalent

Yes - and equally good protection.

They are a very successful bank with a very strong balance sheet so very low risk anyway.