Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Groundhopping Lifers

Anyone else on this list? The hightest placed Lifer I can see is @shirty5 , though it could be that people have used different user names. I'm down in 80th.

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/team/charlton-athletic/fans

Comments

• edited November 2017
    @ElfsborgAddick is on there - I won’t say which one he is as he might not want people on here knowing his name.........

• edited November 2017
    I'm =17th, got 2 more planned next week.

I'm also 42nd which must be a duplicate account from when it was a Facebook add-on.
  • @ElfsborgAddick is on there - I won’t say which one he is as he might not appreciate want people on here knowing his name.........

Your joking otto I thought he'd be on here and saying can we have a whip round for him as to pints to grounds he'd been to
  • A lowly 136. Quite a few familiar names on there though
  • @ElfsborgAddick is on there - I won’t say which one he is as he might not appreciate want people on here knowing his name.........

fa*eboo*-u**r-42968?
  • That website is not very user friendly. Doing the 92 is the one where I keep my ground hopping efforts up to date
  • edited November 2017

@ElfsborgAddick is on there - I won’t say which one he is as he might not appreciate want people on here knowing his name.........

fa*eboo*-u**r-42968?
    No, but I do know who that person is.

• Seb can't be 68th
  • @ElfsborgAddick is on there - I won’t say which one he is as he might not want people on here knowing his name.........

Thank you.

Total respect to manygameshaveiseen.
  • Seb can't be 68th

Why not?
  • Sponsored links:

• Seb can't be 68th

Too busy attending just Charlton games... Means his ground count wont have gone up much in the last 10-years as we've basically played the same teams in that period bar a handful
  • @ForeverAddickted hence why im languishing around the 52 ground mark as we have played a lot of the same teams.
  • I'm on there
    My picture is yet another hen
  • The guy at the top is ridiculous, that's the equivalent of doing a new ground every week for just over 11 years.
  • I'm there, way down at 188, having copped 78 grounds. Must try harder!
  • The guy at the top is ridiculous, that's the equivalent of doing a new ground every week for just over 11 years.

Each to their own I suppose.
  • @ElfsborgAddick is on there - I won’t say which one he is as he might not want people on here knowing his name.........

Have a close look at the photo for number 3
  • Joint 121st for me-93 grounds visited. Hopefully get myself up a few places on the table of coolness by the end of this season with trips to Doncaster and Rochdale. B)

• Some years ago now, I'd totted up 82 League grounds where I'd seen Charlton play.

Of course, many of those clubs now play at different grounds and some of those clubs are no longer in the League.

Having been to Southport and Halifax when they were playing us in the Third Division in the 1970s, plus York, Wrexham, Tranmere, Orient, etc ..... let alone old favourites like The Den (cough); or Fellowes Park, Eastville, Twerton Park, Old Showground, Highfield Road, Baseball Ground, Ayresome Park, Roker, The Dell, Burnden Park, Highbury, Upton Park, Plough Lane, Manor Ground, Ninian Park, Vetch Field, Sealand Road and others that I can't remember off the top of my head - do they still count?

• Sponsored links:

Have a close look at the photo for number 3
    I know mate. I knew he had done a few grounds, but didn’t realise it was that many.
  • Oggy Red said:

Some years ago now, I'd totted up 82 League grounds where I'd seen Charlton play.

Of course, many of those clubs now play at different grounds and some of those clubs are no longer in the League.

Having been to Southport and Halifax when they were playing us in the Third Division in the 1970s, plus York, Wrexham, Tranmere, Orient, etc ..... let alone old favourites like The Den (cough); or Fellowes Park, Eastville, Twerton Park, Old Showground, Highfield Road, Baseball Ground, Ayresome Park, Roker, The Dell, Burnden Park, Highbury, Upton Park, Plough Lane, Manor Ground, Ninian Park, Vetch Field, Sealand Road and others that I can't remember off the top of my head - do they still count?

Yes.
  • edited November 2017
    Thanks, Elfie ..... I'd better get counting later on.

How is it defined?

1) Are we talking only League grounds where Charlton have played or including our non-League cup games also?

2) League grounds only, all teams - not just where Charlton have been playing?

• Oggy Red said:

Some years ago now, I'd totted up 82 League grounds where I'd seen Charlton play.

Yes.
    Fulham sharing at QPR means two Fulham grounds with Charlton.
  • Oggy Red said:

How is it defined?

1) Are we talking only League grounds where Charlton have played or including our non-League cup games also?

Any proper ground (not parks and recs) where you've seen a match. Doesn't have to be Charlton, could be non league, internationals. I guess really it's anything where you have to pay to get in.

If you use this website it goes down as far at the Cornwall Combination League: https://www.footballgroundmap.com/grounds
  • ...and if you've been to any grounds that aren't on there you can email and they'll add them. They did Sudbury United's old Priory ground and Ford United's old place for me.
  • edited November 2017
    Oggy Red said:

That's a stonking good inventory of ghost grounds; ah yes, old favourites like Eastville, Twerton Park, the Manor Ground, and Sealand Road (where I saw us get tonked 4-0). Of those 18, I've seen Charlton at 11, plus Filbert Street, Maine Road, Saltergate, Goldstone, Elm Park, Boothferry Park, Gay Meadow, Layer Road, and London Road (Maidstone). Did anyone on here cop the extraordinary Odsal stadium, where Bradford lodged briefly after the fire?

• Oggy Red said:

That's a stonking good inventory of ghost grounds; ah yes, old favourites like Eastville, the Manor Ground, and Sealand Road (where I saw us get tonked 4-0). Of those 18, I've seen Charlton at 11, plus Filbert Street, Maine Road, Saltergate, Goldstone, Elm Park, Boothferry Park, Gay Meadow, Layer Road and London Road (Maidstone). Did anyone on here cop the extraordinary Odsal stadium, where Bradford lodged briefly after the fire?

Thank you, Viewfinder.

Do you know, I've done every one of those as well, including the Maidstone cup replay, when was it, in 1979?
    Straightaway I can add Somerton Park also - we beat Newport County 2-0 one evening match around 1980, Paddy Powell scoring. Plus the 5-0 cup win at Tonbridge. And Withdean at Brighton. There's a probably a couple of others.

Missed out on Odsal - although went up to Bradford for a midweek night cup match late 80s ?, won 3-0 and had to travel through the night back to Cornwall, got off the train early next morning and went straight to work.

I'm going to have to sit down with pen and paper and tot them all up.

• Just noticed that I'm in the top 100.
  • Stig said:

Oggy Red said:

How is it defined?

Any proper ground (not parks and recs) where you've seen a match. Doesn't have to be Charlton, could be non league, internationals. I guess really it's anything where you have to pay to get in.

If you use this website it goes down as far at the Cornwall Combination League: https://www.footballgroundmap.com/grounds
    Thank you, Stig.

I've played at most of the major grounds in Cornwall !
    Does that count?

Or Charlton playing Swindon, Bournmouth and Milllwall in Tunisia? ;o)