Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Peterborough | Tue 28 Nov | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Charlton Athletic v Peterborough United
Tuesday 28th November 2017 … 3pm Kick-Off
Referee: John Brooks (Leicestershire)

Introduction

This Tuesday night sees the Addicks playing two games in a week for the second time on the trot – Saturdays match against Scunthorpe United was always going to be a tough encounter, after a tight first half it was always going to take something special to separate the sides and Josh Morris duly delivered, scoring two in as many minutes to settle the tie. This Tuesday is a chance for the Addicks to gain some ground on their rivals as we play the first of our games in hand, the first of which coming against Peterborough United

The Opposition
Name: Peterborough United | Manager: Grant McCann
Last League Result: Rochdale 2-0 Peterborough

With the Addicks losing their first match in 10-games on Saturday, our opponents tomorrow evening were facing a Rochdale side who have certainly struggled away from Spotland this season... Having lost at the Valley on Tuesday evening; Rochdale played hosts to our opponents tomorrow and recorded the three points and an escape from the relegation zone thanks to first half goals from Calvin Andrew and Callum Camps

Of course the match tomorrow evening was due to be played in September, a month when Peterborough were continuing their impressive start to the season… A 3-2 victory had been secured over Wigan just two weeks prior to the match and many Charlton fans were praying that enough players would be called up for International Duty and so save us being forced to play a weakened team against such strong opposition. Unfortunately that match would have occurred midway through a slump for the Posh who have dropped from the automatic spots down to a mid-table battle… Let’s hope this week isnt a resurgence for Grant McCann and his side.

Key to the Peterborough resurgence will certainly revolve around the M&Ms attacking line up… Marcus Maddison was already a part of the Posh squad yet has been joined up front with the signings of Junior Morias (St. Albans) and Jack Marriott (Luton Town)… All three have clicked instantly with 25-goals of the 29-goals having been scored by these mentioned – Briefly linked with Charlton over the summer was Ricky Miller who having signed from Dover has since struggled to adapt to League One having yet to score this season.

Charlton Team News
Very slowly the Charlton squad under Roland Duchatalet is being to show the cracks of a side lacking in squad depth… In a summer where the Midfield was prioritised its now an area where we appear to be short. Having already lost Billy Clarke and Tariqe Fosu to injury it appears as though Ben Reeves has now joined them, he was supposed to be fit for tomorrows match yet Karl Robinson has since confirmed otherwise.

On Saturday for the first time this season we saw Jay Dasilva pushed into Left-Midfield with Naby Sarr at Left-Back, after the match against Scunthorpe; Karl Robinson expressed his concern about whether Karlan Ahearne-Grant or Joe Dodoo could manage against their attack and you have to question if it’ll be much the same again against Peterborough.

Amos
Solly | Bauer | Konsa | Sarr
Kashi | Forster-Caskey
Marshall | Holmes | Dasilva
Magennis

Substitutes Bench: Phillips | Dijksteel | Jackson | Aribo | Ahearne-Grant | Dodoo | Hackett-Fairchild

Prediction
When you concede two goals like what we did on Saturday its difficult to be too upset with the way we played against Scunthorpe… Chances should have been taken yet the game could easily have ended as a draw – Tomorrow is a chance to quickly get back on track yet Peterborough appear to be inconsistent, the result will certainly hinge on which two sides show up tomorrow.

Comments

• edited November 2017
    win this and will be a decent enough from 7th place cushion going into the fa cup game Saturday ( which i would like us to try hard in as we may get that elusive away trip to the john smiths stadium)
  • 2-1 Charlton, Josh and Holmes

I hope we see the team you named bar,
    Da Silva at left back, Aribo slots into a three and Holmes on the left.
  • I'd reward JFC's goals with a bit of extra freedom in the 10 role.

DaSilva at LB Sarr and Bauer in CB.

Kashi and Konsa or Aribo in CM.
  • edited November 2017
    4-1 Addicks

Posh on a poor run of form away from home and these are often high scoring games.

10,318 (472 away)
  • Think Posh's last result was the Rochdale defeat at the weekend?

Fancy a draw, 1-1.
  • matt88 said:

Think Posh's last result was the Rochdale defeat at the weekend?

Fancy a draw, 1-1.

Cheers Matt... I've amended the preview now

Thats what I get for only relying on Wikipedia for my research rather than using multiple sites
  • Reckon a mellon twisting draw is on the cards...we are plays offs at very best.

1-1
  • The kind of game that you need to win to go up in this league but often slip up in. I’ve got faith that this team will come through it, Robinson’s installed a proper backbone in to them and I think we’ll thrive in this kind of game especially at home. I’ll go 3-1.
  • Should be going and looking forward to it - games against Posh are normally entertaining affairs with plenty of goals and from memory we have a good record against them.
    An away defeat is never the end of the world if followed up by three points from the next home game so an important fixture.
    3-1 to us is my fairly confident prediction
  • A gritty 1 - 0 win for The Addicks, awful game, with a last minuet winner by Bauer from a corner .
  • Sponsored links:

• No take over and no promotion in prospect.

Very bored indeed.

What was the point of Reeves ?
  • I went to Scunthorpe Saturday and we played well in the first half creating several chances.

If we can just be more clinical in front of goal we should be able to win this one.

3.1 Charlton
  • No take over and no promotion in prospect.

Very bored indeed.

What was the point of Reeves ?

All i can think is that they got a dodgy delivery of over-sized beeny hats in the club shop and he's the only one with a massive mishappen head...
  • i'm a tad nervous about this one. Based on the goals drying up and lack of options up top. Got a nasty feeling we migth get done 1-0
  • think we'll lose tomorrow and this place will go into double meltdown...
  • JamesSeed said:

Taking my fried Peter who supports Peterborough because of the name.
    I ask you.

2-0 Marshall, Best.

You fried your friend
  • i will be in attendance tomorrow atm im on a shocking run of seeing us live and we don't score

my last few games ive attended have been

wigan at home
    gills away
    plymouth away
    mk dons home

• After the disappointment of Saturday, Posh are probably good opposition to face, not in brilliant form, and not the sort of physical, "no big name" type team who'll come here to battle and park the bus
  • Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1 loss does not end our season, a win here starts a nice little mini run. Id like to see Aribo given a go a win by two goals. I fancy 4-2
  • Well I'm not happy last week got 9/1 for us to score 4+ goals against Rochdale.
    F@ck me were playing a better team in Peterborough and they want to give me 8/1.
    W$nkers
  • Back to winning ways, also think Marshall will score a brace ,2-0.
  • Back to winning ways, also think Marshall will score a brace ,2-0.

Is he up for another start, 3 quick games and KR has already said he needs a break
  • ross1 said:

Back to winning ways, also think Marshall will score a brace ,2-0.

Is he up for another start, 3 quick games and KR has already said he needs a break
    He can have a break after tomorrow.
    Next two games are FA Cup and checkatrade shit.

• If we can just be more clinical in front of goal we should be able to win this one.

That's our problem though. Clinical we ain't.

• Would love us to go out and tear a team apart, never liked Peterborough - not really sure if i have a reason though...
  • Would love us to go out and tear a team apart, never liked Peterborough - not really sure if i have a reason though...

FA Cup away in the 70s is my reason

FA Cup away in the 70s is my reason
    I'll pretend i know what happened and use that!
  • A must win game, seeing as its our game in hand & we are starting to slip down the league.

However, I fear the players are running on fumes & with the stupid decision not to sign a striker of note & as I type still no word of Leon Best signing before tomorrow, I fear we will draw a blank in the goals column & Posh will win 2-0.