Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scunthorpe v Charlton 2017 post-match views

edited November 2017 in General Charlton
Can't win 'em all! Sounded a bit tedious, with a lot just not going our way.

Over to you.

Comments

• Well, bad day at the office today, definitely need the 3 points on Tuesday night, thank God for Fulham!
  • edited November 2017
    Bad day at the office but comes after nine games unbeaten.

This team and manager not as good nor as bad as some have said.

Missing Clarke? He made the team tick and his absence also means Holmes wasted in the middle.
  • 6th now.... Everyone who went safe journey home.
  • The preview said "Josh Morris is back in light training and is not expected to play a part"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-tskP0OzI
  • Start a new run. Go again.
    Think we’re more play offs than top two. Unless we can really boost the squad in January.
  • Disappointed result and barely any other results went are way.

Two injures and the squad looked significantly weaker. Hopefully, reeves will be fit soon.

• Seems it wasn’t a complete disaster. We lost away from home to a team in good form and one that will be there or there abouts come the reckoning. Probably not our first choice eleven either.

Wake up call and timely reminder to the owner and coaching staff that January is going to be an important month.

• Sponsored links:

• How bad was Marshall's miss? If we'd gone 1-0 up, I suspect we'd have got more as they chased the game. We desperately need a clinical finisher in January.

He was clean through and gave himself a tough angle with a bad touch
  • edited November 2017
    Next six: Peterborough (h - game in hand, Tuesday), Portsmouth (h), Bristol Rovers (a), Blackburn (h), Southend (a), Wigan (a). That's tough; Blackburn an Wigan above us, Pompey on the rise (one behind us) and Bristol Rovers and Southend are both away.
  • Sigh. Charlton losing always feels like a punch in the face.

Christmas is coming and the smell of mulled wine, spiced cider and excitement gently pollutes the air.

And then Charlton lose, and I'm reminded just how much I hate (in no particular order) Roland and his sidekick, football, life, the cold, people in general, pretty much everything.

Hey ho

Made me chuckle that
  • Seems the two games in hand which could have been used to make a case for promotion now have little meaning. Suggest the sheep whisperer is called back to the farmyard first thing Monday, and told unless top three by Christmas, away to the abattoir. From Powell to Robinson............... nice one. Sprout out now!!
  • Disappointing result, missing Fosu, Clarke and Reeves at the same time would be hard for any team to cope with

The squad desperately needs reinforcing, January will decide whether we can make a realistic attempt at the automatics or not
  • Leuth said:

How bad was Marshall's miss? If we'd gone 1-0 up, I suspect we'd have got more as they chased the game. We desperately need a clinical finisher in January.

Back to us losing those two wonder goals! I'm sure when Holmes scored those type goal for us was the difference when just managing to beat the shitty sides. You and masicat are the real tossers all mouth behind your keyboards. Go sit down put them rose coloured spectacles on and drink some tea. You pair of K Robinsons arsewipes lol :D Zzzzzzzzzzz
  • E=mc2 said:

Leuth said:

How bad was Marshall's miss? If we'd gone 1-0 up, I suspect we'd have got more as they chased the game. We desperately need a clinical finisher in January.

Back to us losing those two wonder goals! I'm sure when Holmes scored those type goal for us was the difference when just managing to beat the shitty sides. You and masicat are the real tossers all mouth behind your keyboards. Go sit down put them rose coloured spectacles on and drink some tea. You pair of K Robinsons arsewipes lol :D Zzzzzzzzzzz
    Are you...are you standing up for StigThundercock's absurd outburst in the match thread?

I think you'll find quite a lot of K Robinson arsewipes here in very short order
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm a K Robinson arsewipe too
  • Scunny have only conceded 6 goals in 10 home games and have now won 6 on the trot.
    We lost to 2 wonder strikes, our first league defeat since mid September.
    The fact that we have one decent forward at the club, is very unlikely to be Robinson's fault, although some of our fans appear to think that it was his choice. Unbelieveable Jeff.

What doesnt help is the fact that Robinson only plays one up top... Not saying its his fault for that case yet reckon that Roland has been told of this

Because of that it reminds me of the time when Roland said that he doesnt like to sign players who dont play and are constantly knocking on the door wanting to know why and reckon this is one of the reasons why he didnt allow Robinson to go and sign another Striker - Unfortunately the Belgian fuck-wit still hasn't learnt from his mistakes and doesnt understand that suspensions and injuries will happen meaning that we need someone to be knocking on the door
  • How bad was Marshall's miss? If we'd gone 1-0 up, I suspect we'd have got more as they chased the game. We desperately need a clinical finisher in January.

Bad. Again. He was clean through, as he was against MK Dons, and let the keeper pounce on him with a poor touch.

Though all around he was very poor today. His crossing was anywhere from erratic to awful. And he's now missed a fair few chances. Nothing terrible that can't be undone with a couple goals, and after such a long layoff it's completely reasonable that it takes a while to get back up to speed. But I think he's gotten off a little easy given the stick Ben Reeves has gotten (not wrongly). Both were out for a long time and both are making their way back to form and full fitness.
  • I blame J J
  • 6th in League One. Says it all.
  • I'm a K Robinson arsewipe too

Well, there goes ambition!
  • clb74 said:

I blame J J

What's Janet Jackson ever done?