Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Show the bloody thing then.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Show the bloody thing then.

"the shirt is a replica of the kit the club wore when we returned to The Valley in 1992"
  • Nice touch that there aren't any sponsors. I'll buy one but would've been nice if (like tickets for the game) 25% of sales had gone to CACT.
  • edited November 2017
    I thought hummel were meant to be designing/producing it?

Edit: skim read the article and saw mentions towards Elite. Whoops!
  • Ross said:

I thought hummel were meant to be designing/producing it?

They are. Elite run the club shop for Hummel.

Essentially, the Hummel designers came up to the museum and we showed them our back to the Valley shirts (they hadn't seen one in the "flash" before) and we told them "just copy that" and that is pretty much what they have done. I think people will like it if they like simple shirts with no sponsors.
    Back then it was 1-11 as well with no squad numbers and names on the back!
  • Gonna be controversial, but I didn't like that badge. I looked like it was crumbling.
  • If it looks good then I will be so tempted to buy it. I love a retro looking kit. I still wear my MESH one regularly.

I bet they will hike the price to make the most of those unique sentimental fans. Think I'll still to my boycott of merch.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've still got a couple of valley party t shirts .

They have obviously shrunk so I won't be wearing one of those on the day

Can I have one mate. I'll use it as a nightdress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I hope they've got silver chevrons.
  • Stig said:

Gonna be controversial, but I didn't like that badge. I looked like it was crumbling.

It looked like it was trying to give the impression of being embroidered, although it was a lump of foam heat sealed onto the shirt
  • Tough decision not to get one. Still have the original in its 'presentation' box. Unused.
  • Isn't this seasons home kit already a pretty much replica of the BT TV top
  • Tough decision not to get one. Still have the original in its 'presentation' box. Unused.

The Ribero shirt? Or are you thinking of the centenary shirt?

I’ve got one, not in a box, but signed by the goal scorer.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Tough decision not to get one. Still have the original in its 'presentation' box. Unused.

The Ribero shirt? Or are you thinking of the centenary shirt?

Oops yeah,sorry folks. Just checked in the loft, centenary shirt it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017
    I’m not a replica kit wearer type of person. I did succumb once and buy a charlton shirt but couldn’t bring myself to wearing it. It’s still tucked away somewhere in a warbrobe They are totally naff, end of. I might be tempted in buying one of these though, I still remember talking to someone in the princess of Wales in Blackheath the night of the game and noticing the shirt for the first time (I can’t recall seeing any at the match, off the field that is) and thinking how cool it was not to have advertising shit spoiling it. At that moment in time it was probably the greatest shirt in football to be wearing because it represented so much and was unsullied.
  • Rothko said:

fair play to Hummel if they've gone back to the original Ribero design, and kept it simple, unlike the horror show that was the centenary shirt, which up there with the worst kits we've ever worn

Poor in both design and quality.
  • Just read that we will be playing in an 'emergency' White kit tomorrow for the Scunthorpe game.

How is it an emergency? It's not as if Scunthorpe have just changed their colours overnight. I find it hard to believe that Hummel/Charlton wouldn't have considered this when coming up with the designs for the away kit at the start of the season.
  • cafctom said:

Just read that we will be playing in an 'emergency' White kit tomorrow for the Scunthorpe game.

How is it an emergency? It's not as if Scunthorpe have just changed their colours overnight. I find it hard to believe that Hummel/Charlton wouldn't have considered this when coming up with the designs for the away kit at the start of the season.

They may as well call it the 3rd strip and have done with it.
  • cafctom said:

Just read that we will be playing in an 'emergency' White kit tomorrow for the Scunthorpe game.

Dont Scunthorpe play in blue shorts... Cant really wear the home because claret is too similar to red, cant play in blue because of their blue
  • edited November 2017
    cafctom said:

It’s so much of an emergency that they wore it Ireland in pre-season

They made it sound like somebody flew to a Thai sweatshop overnight to get some knocked up.
  • Me and my brother had the BTTV shirts. Long gone now, but I really wish I'd kept hold of it. Think my old man got vouchers from a valley gold win, the only time his number has come up, despite paying in from day 1!