Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Back to the Valley celebration at the Valley - 5 December 2017

Comments

• how many people can this event cope with?

27,000 ; - )

It is a drop in and out event so we hope some will come early and others late although people can stay as long as they wish.

I'm more worried that we'll run out of wine.

27,000 ; - )

It is a drop in and out event so we hope some will come early and others late although people can stay as long as they wish.

invite Jesus along then ;-))

• I'll be coming along. Not been to the museum before so looking forward to returning to The Valley for this great event.
  • What's the dress code? I'm assuming smart casual? canapes? / eat before?? Will there be guest speakers? I could get up and say a few words if you like. I think it might clash with the valley return helpers do but I could possibly do both. Let me know.
  • DOUCHER said:

What's the dress code? I'm assuming smart casual? canapes? / eat before?? Will there be guest speakers? I could get up and say a few words if you like. I think it might clash with the valley return helpers do but I could possibly do both. Let me know.

out of interest what is this?

• Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

What's the dress code? I'm assuming smart casual? canapes? / eat before?? Will there be guest speakers? I could get up and say a few words if you like. I think it might clash with the valley return helpers do but I could possibly do both. Let me know.

John Rooke has organised a get together for people who helped get the Valley ready in the days before the game. On 5th December in Shooters Hill
  • DOUCHER said:

John Rooke has organised a get together for people who helped get the Valley ready in the days before the game. On 5th December in Shooters Hill
    Great to see dear old Rookie getting involved.....well done mate.
  • DOUCHER said:

I’m guessing it’s a do for people who helped out with the return to The Valley.
    Lol

27,000 ; - )

Is it bring-a-bottle?
  • JamesSeed said:

how many people can this event cope with?

27,000 ; - )

Is it bring-a-bottle?
    Without the lids, otherwise you won't be let in.
  • JamesSeed said:

how many people can this event cope with?

27,000 ; - )

Is it bring-a-bottle?
    You don't have to but feel free to help out by doing so.
  • DOUCHER said:

Dress code is...

Spot on - u r a genuine wit Otto - always make me laugh and I mean that in the right way - so much misconstruation on this board lately - thinking I might team it up with a Belgium scarf.
  • I helped for the return. Painted fencing red before the Portsmouth match. I don't know about any celebration for the people who volunteered.
  • seth plum said:

I helped for the return. Painted fencing red before the Portsmouth match. I don't know about any celebration for the people who volunteered.

I’m not involved in this, but my understanding is it’s for the group of people who spent weeks down there helping out and organised privately by them. I don’t think anyone should feel they are being excluded.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I helped for the return. Painted fencing red before the Portsmouth match. I don't know about any celebration for the people who volunteered.

I’m not involved in this, but my understanding is it’s for the group of people who spent weeks down there helping out and organised privately by them. I don’t think anyone should feel they are being excluded.

seth plum said:

Fair enough.
    Well done to everybody who helped with the return.
  • Anyway, the museum's event is inclusive, anyone can attend and it doesn't cost anything.

Hope to see plenty of you there.
  • Have a wine tasting at Berry Bros. that afternoon...I'd see if they have any spares at the end, but I suspect I have more chance of being locked-in than getting back to Charlton before 9pm! *_* hic!

Have a great evening though :smile:
  • Count me in please Henners. (Sure you have enough of the Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc? )
  • Count me in please Henners. (Sure you have enough of the Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc? )

Bottle of blue nun it is.

• #BTTV and Valley party videos will be showing over the evening:
    Moving Magazine - December 92
    The London Match 34 minutes
    Thames Sport 2 minute clip
    BBC Sport 3 min clip
    Saturday News & Sport 1.5 min clip
    Derelict Valley Recordings 32 mins & 11 mins
    BBC Sport 3 min clip

Will these be released afterwards for those who can't go?
    BBC Sport 3 min clip

Will these be released afterwards for those who can't go?
    No, but if you ask nicely we might make copies for a small large donation to the museum