Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes 2017-18

Comments

• Heart says 319 head says 241.
  • are there any highlights on terrestrial tv?
  • Anyone know any sites to watch highlights?
  • Stayed up most the night to watch it, but thats the beauty of working from home being able to organise my own client meetings.

Slow going but better to be 196/4 than 240/8. However, I feel a wobble tomorrow & with no Stokes I think 300 is about our limit.

I don't think the bad light was a big issue - play was going to end at 82 overs in any case.
  • A first innings lead would be handy, seeing the amount of turn on the first day. If only we had a Swann or Panesar to exploit, hoping that Ali can do enough.
  • CHG said:

A first innings lead would be handy, seeing the amount of turn on the first day. If only we had a Swann or Panesar to exploit, hoping that Ali can do enough.

That turn was probably down to the moisture in the pitch, as it dries it will probably turn less for the next 2 days until the heat cracks it (day 4 or 5)
  • Still got Bairstow and Woakes to come so ever the optimist I'm hopeful of 320 which would be a very decent outcome - especially if we can bat well into the afternoon making it
  • I reckon 300 tops
  • Sponsored links:

• CHG said:

A first innings lead would be handy, seeing the amount of turn on the first day. If only we had a Swann or Panesar to exploit, hoping that Ali can do enough.

That turn was probably down to the moisture in the pitch, as it dries it will probably turn less for the next 2 days until the heat cracks it (day 4 or 5)
    We shall see, pitch looked slow and dry today, will only get drier, hopefully it quickens up, how many left handlers do they have?
  • are there any highlights on terrestrial tv?

No, but there are free highlights on the BT Sport website from 7pm
  • edited November 2017
    555/5 DEC double ton for Dawid

Or more likely 273 all out before lunch
  • I reckon we'll see a relatively competitive 340-odd. Bairstow and Woakes are still to come, and we know both can hold a bat.

However, the inclement weather conditions are very interesting. There might not be enough time to see the game played to a conclusion. I can sort of see a draw coming.
  • Is there bad weather about?
  • Especially for Riviera - because of the lost time, tomorrow's play is due to start today.

So Day 1 started today and Day 2 starts today too? Aghhhhhhh!

Would really liked to have seen Root play forward more to Lyon, thought he looked very uncomfortable. Aussie moustaches were pathetic.
  • Apparently Paine put Vince down ? How many was he at the time?
  • Is there bad weather about?

Just checked on BBC, and predicting some rain for Saturday and Sunday.
  • Sponsored links:

• BTW, what was the BT coverage like?
  • BTW, what was the BT coverage like?

Average, not a patch on Sky
  • Root went 'owing to the modern technology' sure but it was an absolute howler to give him not out in the first place
  • Are any terrestrial channels showing highlights?
  • edited November 2017
    Is anyone watching the BT Stream from overseas? If so, can you post the URL? I cant get it to work.
  • I didn't have the BT sound on. Listened to TMS. The coverage picture wise was excellent, but then it's C9 and they invented modern cricket coverage.
  • anyone have paddy power on snapchat? tell you something them employees that do the snapchat have it off, flown out to brisbane for the ashes attended most irish sports events etc.