Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan Advance purchase train tickets-Friday 29th December 19.45 Kick-off

Advance tickets now on sale,unfortunately the quickest direct route between Euston/Wigan is very expensive with the cheapest outgoing tickets costing £41.00 [£24.50]
With the return costing between £26.00 [£17.50] & £41.00 [£24.50].
A much cheaper route is via Birmingham New Street where there are singles available for £8.00 [£5.30] between Euston/Birmingham in each direction & £12.00 [£7.90] outwards,£10.00 [£6.50] Between Wigan/Birmingham New St.Allow about 30 mins for changing at Birmingham.
Railcard fares in brackets.
This trip requires an overnight stay in Wigan.

Comments

• Options
    Is this on telly?
  • Options

clive said:

Advance tickets now on sale,unfortunately the quickest direct route between Euston/Wigan is very expensive with the cheapest outgoing tickets costing £41.00 [£24.50]
    With the return costing between £26.00 [£17.50] & £41.00 [£24.50].
    A much cheaper route is via Birmingham New Street where there are singles available for £8.00 [£5.30] between Euston/Birmingham in each direction & £12.00 [£7.90] outwards,£10.00 [£6.50] Between Wigan/Birmingham New St.Allow about 30 mins for changing at Birmingham.
    Railcard fares in brackets.
    This trip requires an overnight stay in Wigan.

A catch if ever there was one
    I stayed up there for the 3-0 game.

Wigan is a cracking night out. The Anvil behind Wigan Wallgate station is fantastic, the locals very friendly and very friendly prices.
  • Options

Is this on telly?

As mentioned on another thread this game was brought forward at the beginning of the season & as yet has not been chosen for live tv coverage.
  • Options
    Wigan is a great night out.
  • Options

Wigan is a great night out.

Agreed.
  • Options
    Me and the boy and my Dad will be at this one. Staying in Wigan and then heading over to Liverpool on the Saturday and hope to get tickets for Liverpool v Leicester. Looking forward to it....

Got our three train tickets for all journies for £134 which thought was okay.
  • Options
    clive said:

Is this on telly?

As mentioned on another thread this game was brought forward at the beginning of the season & as yet has not been chosen for live tv coverage.
    Probably originally brought forward as they felt a game a day before News Years Eve may be problematic for both sets of supporters - or the rugby team were at home and would draw the crowd away :smile:
  • Options
    Virgin sale,this may save some people a few pounds,if they haven't already booked.

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/sale/?
  • Options
    Tempted by this one... but may stay in Liverpool or Manchester overnight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

Virgin sale,this may save some people a few pounds,if they haven't already booked.

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/sale/?

Thanks as always, Clive.

Will certainly take a look today.
  • Options
    Thanks. just got a return to Liverpool for 22 quid. Bargain.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Thanks. just got a return to Liverpool for 22 quid. Bargain.

I got a £22 return to Manchester, cos I'm mad for it :smile:
  • Options
    Was hoping to go to this game as a colleague from work comes from Wigan and his mates have a private box there. Sadly i am on nights over the new year and the fixture date ruined that.