Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Thanks for that. I’d not heard about it but definitely a good thing.
  • I like the idea of running fast from Shooters Hill to North Greenwich.
    In rush hour.
  • Thanks. Happen to be buying in the area. Wife will be pleased.
  • Great idea
  • "Another route, the Nuxley Navigator, is due to run from Carlton Road, Erith, to Abbey Wood station, picking up at Parsonage Manorway, Matfield Road, Stream Way, Orchard Avenue, Glenview and West Heath Road"
  • Thanks. Happen to be buying in the area. Wife will be pleased.

Or perhaps not. Apparently, if it's going to cost the same as it does in the US (twice the price of a bus fare using Oyster), it won't be worthwhile.
  • Seems odd that it matches the 386 (which is a frankly, ridiculous route) for quite a bit. I'd be more inclined to pick up in Plum Lane, if it offered me something different than a dodgy bus route! Skip that part out & head straight to N Greenwich and I might be in :smile:
  • edited November 2017

Thanks. Happen to be buying in the area. Wife will be pleased.

Have you not told her you’re moving out yet? :wink:
  • I hope it does not use the A102M in get down to North Greenwich during the rush hour. Quicker to walk!
  • I’m sure it will be used but I do wonder if it’s come a few years too late.

From the Shooters Hill slopes the bus service to Woolwich town centre is reasonable. The 422 bus along Shrewsbury Lane, Eglinton Hill, Herbert Rd on to Woolwich. From The Bull pub you could expect the journey to take 15 - 20 minutes.

Once in Woolwich you can choose the DLR and from next year Crossrails Elizabeth Line.
  • Sponsored links:

• That 244 is hell on earth going home at night from Woolwich.

This is a great idea but, as said, be even better if it were heading straight from Plum/Eglinton to NG.
  • I hope it does not use the A102M in get down to North Greenwich during the rush hour. Quicker to walk!

It does from the map. Whoever thought of that route has clearly never been stuck in gridlock on the A102!
  • When I was young and living there you had the 89 for Shooters Hill itself and the 192 (which was truly awful) for Shrewsbury Lane, Eglinton Hill, Herbert Road etc. The 192 eventually finished in Garland / Flaxton Road in Plumstead.

I'd wager anything is better than that used to be!

It does from the map. Whoever thought of that route has clearly never been stuck in gridlock on the A102!
    To be fair that route could probably be changed depending on traffic

The Kent Commuter coaches use the A2 from Medway up to Bean and then on to the Black Prince... With there being issues on the M25 a few weeks back (which caused tailbacks on the A2) I had to drive to work via. the A228 past Snodland and then the M20

Had one of the coaches following me for most of the trip because they knew they wouldnt get people into London going via. the normal route - Would be surprised if this Service didnt have the same attitude

Be interesting to see what their Monthly costs would be

To be fair that route could probably be changed depending on traffic

The Kent Commuter coaches use the A2 from Medway up to Bean and then on to the Black Prince... With there being issues on the M25 a few weeks back (which caused tailbacks on the A2) I had to drive to work via. the A228 past Snodland and then the M20

Had one of the coaches following me for most of the trip because they knew they wouldnt get people into London going via. the normal route - Would be surprised if this Service didnt have the same attitude

Be interesting to see what their Monthly costs would be
    The thing about this route, is that it's to and from North Greenwich, that's the selling point, and there really aren't many alternatives that wouldn't also be badly affected by any problems on the A102

From the Shooters Hill slopes the bus service to Woolwich town centre is reasonable. The 422 bus along Shrewsbury Lane, Eglinton Hill, Herbert Rd on to Woolwich. From The Bull pub you could expect the journey to take 15 - 20 minutes.

Once in Woolwich you can choose the DLR and from next year Crossrails Elizabeth Line.

Next year a number of bus routes in the Woolwich,Greenwich & Bexleyheath areas are going to get enhanced services to aid connections to Abbey Wood/Woolwich for the Crossrail stations.
    I think this includes double deck buses on the 178,244 & 291 routes & an additional route between Bexleyheath/Abbey Wood/Woolwich.
  • Shuttle bus - or pony and trap?
  • Is anyone on here using this service? I live just behind Hornfair Park, on the Shooters Hill Road side. Would it be quicker to North Greenwich than the 486?
  • Sponsored links:

• Is anyone on here using this service? I live just behind Hornfair Park, on the Shooters Hill Road side. Would it be quicker to North Greenwich than the 486?

I think that’s where the driver was caught having his number two....
  • When you’ve got to go you’ve got to go. Maybe they can have a potty fitted.
  • I used it this morning from the start at Dallin Road. Im not sure it would be any quicker for your on Hornfair Park. It probably took about 25 mins but i liked it because it meant I either didn't have to get two buses or walk a mile uphill for the 486. Plus I would love to get that at night from NG rather than queue at those bus stops for two buses! Sheer luxury. Good service.

422 does not go to Shooters Hill
  • edited October 2018
    I don't like those bus numbers in the 400s. 192 was high enough in the old days. #justsaying
  • I don't like those bus numbers in the 400s. 192 was high enough in the old days. #justsaying

Remember that number, did it go up Sandy hill towards Herbert road?

422 does not go to Shooters Hill
    He means the 244.
  • T_C_E said:

I don't like those bus numbers in the 400s. 192 was high enough in the old days. #justsaying

My old bus (Woodlands Estate)...now the 291, which thankfully doesn’t go to Lewisham any more :wink:

https://londonbusesbyadam.zenfolio.com/p582741514
  • TelMc32 said:

T_C_E said:

My old bus (Woodlands Estate)...now the 291, which thankfully doesn’t go to Lewisham any more :wink:

https://londonbusesbyadam.zenfolio.com/p582741514
    Ah 192, 291.
    I can see what they've done there, clever b*st*rds. I bet it goes down Sandy hill now instead of up. ;)
  • T_C_E said:

That's right (at least as far I remember).