Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Palace planning new stadium

Comments

• Addickted said:

Uboat said:

The sensible way forward is just to merge with them. They seem like a good bunch of lads.

Excellent idea.

We could keep the red from their kit with the white from our kit for the new strip.
    Robins are nicer to look at than Eagles so we'll keep our mascot rather than theirs too
  • I think we should take them over, close down the club and sell the ground for much needed housing.
  • iaitch said:

I think we should take them over, close down the club and sell the ground for much needed housing.

Yeah, but who the hell would want to live round there?
  • The wonderful people of Croydon?
  • iaitch said:

The wonderful people of Croydon?

Anyone called Nigel.

• edited November 2017
    bobmunro said:

I managed to get a sneak preview of the plans - I've got to say it looks a vast improvement on Shithurst.

@bobmunro is that the one in the Olympic Park in Munich?
  • rananegra said:

They could share with AFC when they've got their new ground built. They're also the only team south of the River who don't hate them.
    How big's Woking's ground? Makes sense to go elsewhere in Surrey I suppose, which rules out Crawley as it's in Sussex, their county rivals.

AFC hate them. Wimbledon also groundshared with them.
  • rananegra said:

They could share with AFC when they've got their new ground built. They're also the only team south of the River who don't hate them.
    How big's Woking's ground? Makes sense to go elsewhere in Surrey I suppose, which rules out Crawley as it's in Sussex, their county rivals.

AFC hate them. Wimbledon also groundshared with them.
    All the Wimbledon I know hate MK. They've no room to hate Palace. Admittedly, the ones I know are younger
  • Sponsored links:

• Well they made us feel so welcome when we played there, it's only fair we return the favour.........

Well if it wasn't for them helping us out we would of gone bust .............. It's true i tell you. I read it on one of the stripey bastards forums
  • When we do merge, Pardew to return as manager?

• I prefer the revamped Selhurst.

Arthur Waite demolished because of asbestos, Holmesdale demolished because of subsidence from high water table, Sainsbury's selling up the site and taking the boxes with them.

Just the main stand designed by Archie Leitch still standing, hoping that Croydon Council miraculously give them another years fire certificate.

• Looks like it's going to be an expansion and not a new stadium.

• Sponsored links:

• No planning permission in with Croydon Council yet. Whatever they propose to do, they cannot move forward without that.

Obviously the plan is to get relegated so they can close the main stand for redevelopment whilst they are in League Two and do not require the full 26,000 capacity.
  • This makes economic sense Palace would play here. It explains why RD wants to keep the stadium, too. No doubt he will get a fee for using our ground and he does not want to part with a potential profit.
  • A couple of years back I was seeing a client up by the old Crystal Palace & having a bit of time to kill I popped into Crystal palace park to eat my lunch. Was very surprised with the amount of space there is & if I remember correctly there is an old ruin (the original Crystal palace ?) - would make a good sports arena & would then actually be in CP & not bl***y Norwood.
  • Crystal Palace Park is in Bromley though and they are very anti any move there by the Nigels.

Can you imagine the furore from the nimbys if they even tried to get permission for a stadium there? It would give the Great Cardigan a new lease of life to head up the protests.
  • edited November 2017
    Addickted said:

Crystal Palace Park is in Bromley though and they are very anti any move there by the Nigels.

Can you imagine the furore from the nimbys if they even tried to get permission for a stadium there? It would give the Great Cardigan a new lease of life to head up the protests.

I doubt anywhere would welcome a newly located 40,000 Stadium these days unless it’s out of town and matchday traffic doesn’t impact on local transport infrastructure.
  • A couple of years back I was seeing a client up by the old Crystal Palace & having a bit of time to kill I popped into Crystal palace park to eat my lunch. Was very surprised with the amount of space there is & if I remember correctly there is an old ruin (the original Crystal palace ?) - would make a good sports arena & would then actually be in CP & not bl***y Norwood.

Actually it would still be in Norwood. The area is upper Norwood.
  • Addickted said:

Crystal Palace Park is in Bromley though and they are very anti any move there by the Nigels.

Would fully back such a move
  • This makes economic sense Palace would play here. It explains why RD wants to keep the stadium, too. No doubt he will get a fee for using our ground and he does not want to part with a potential profit.

What if he wants to keep the stadium to SELL to palace meaning we would end up renting the valley from them...