Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Rochdale: post match views

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2017

Sounded pretty ugly but a wins a win. Shrews beaten by bottom of the table Bury too. Maybe their bubble has burst.

Shrewsbury were never going to last the pace for automatic promotion. Play-offs the best they can hope for. The more important results were Wigan and Blackburn both winning impressively. If they keep up this kind of form then play-offs are also probably the best we can hope for
    I'm looking at the rest of the season. Pretty sure they'll be right up there come the business end of things

Except that we are still ahead of Blackburn
    I don’t disagree with you. Just saying that I think it is just as likely we will finish above them.

Anyway happy for the 3 points tonight.
  • Options
    Good result in a typical midweek game.

Onwards and upwards........
  • Options
    edited November 2017

Sounded pretty ugly but a wins a win. Shrews beaten by bottom of the table Bury too. Maybe their bubble has burst.

Shrewsbury were never going to last the pace for automatic promotion. Play-offs the best they can hope for. The more important results were Wigan and Blackburn both winning impressively. If they keep up this kind of form then play-offs are also probably the best we can hope for
    I really don't think Shrewsbury or Blackburn are noticeably better than us. Wigan maybe but win our game in hand and we are 2 points behind them, that's all. And only Shrewsbury have lost fewer games than us.

Frankly, automatic promotion is there for the taking for any side who put together a run of results. No reason why that shouldn't be us.
    It should be if the old scrote holding the purse strings lets KR make the signings he needs in January otherwise it'll be touch and go. He might then get the price he's looking for to sell up but then again he's about as predictable as snow on the London Weather Centre roof at Christmas.
  • Options

Decent 3 points but made hard work of it. Painful game to watch.

Just got in after starting boozing with @ricky_otto at 4:30 and realised I’m pissed.
    Fancy going back out?
    Thanks for letting us know was drinking on me own at 4.30
  • Options
    Crap. Painful to watch.
  • Options
    Ricky and Dave sitting in a tree, K..I..S..S..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just got in after starting boozing with @ricky_otto at 4:30 and realised I’m pissed.
    Fancy going back out?
    Fuck right off
    That'll be a no then Rick, I'm available but you'll have to pick me up in your private helicopter :wink:
  • Options
    Played a third as well as Saturday and won.

Rochdale deserved a point. Calvin Andrew was bloody excellent for them.
  • Options

The irony

Played excellent on Saturday and deserved to win
    Didnt play too well tonight and a draw wouldnt have been unfair

The irony

Played excellent on Saturday and deserved to win
    Didnt play too well tonight and a draw wouldnt have been unfair

Come the end of the season the only thing that will matter is we got 3 points, not that we were poor
  • Options
    Boy, we do try to make it hard for ourself - hanging on a bit at the end.
    Despite them hacking and clogging everything in sight in first half, i thought that RochDale weren't a bad team.The key word there is team whereas i think we play very much as 11 individuals.
    We looked very suspect at the back - is big Sam still advising? if so, then it hasnt worked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought Marshall was excellent second half and I hope he stays fit. Solly played well and Amos made a few key saves. JFC showed he can finish and Big Josh worked his socks off.

Happy we won...
  • Options
    We were terrible for the first half. Lucky to get a goal, couldn't string a pass together. half decent team would have punished us. Fortunately for us, Rochdale really are the worst side I've seen us play this season (including Northampton). We moan about our misplaced passes, theirs were truly terrible.
    They were set up well to intimidate us, and it worked up until the ref finally gave a yellow and we scored shortly after.
    KR must have delivered one hell of a bollocking at half time because we were so much better 2nd half. Still not great mind, but enough to win. THe first 15 minutes or so of the 2nd we were pressuring them and they made lots of mistakes, eventually Marshall's shot wasn't held by the goalie and JFC nipped in and put it away. Well done him for showing a bit of bottle.
  • Options
    Hard fought win tonight. Need to take more of our chances as was nervy to the end. Could do with a striker in Jan
  • Options
    Frustrating but ground out the result in the end - think some of the comments on Rochdale are harsh given the age and cost of their team (they're hardly going to come and play around us).

Our last four wins have been by a single goal.... flattering to deceive or sign of a good side?
  • Options

You didn’t learn your lesson from last Friday at the curry house then - school night as well
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Thought Sarr and Konsa showed their lack of game time and experience tonight by never getting to grips with their number 9. Thought JFC had very good first half. Second half a bit nullified, perhaps due to change in system or Dale countering him, but still got the winner. Looks like Bowyer's influencing him well. Thought Amos should've seen the shot for their goal coming and at least got a hand to it, but he won the game in the second half with 2 top class saves. Marshall is a tidy player.

Thought the players were patient in first half, even if a bit dull. Personally can't see the point in just playing forwards all the time when most of them are midgets and, apart from Magennis, don't stand much chance of winning a header.
  • Options
    Konsa and Robinson seemed to be having a right disagreement through the first half
  • Options
    Good ugly win. Amos should be credited for that save - it was worth 2 points. Magennis A++ for effort - a real example to the rest of the team.