Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I wonder, if the purchaser wasn’t prepared to give Roly full value for his debt, that rather than pushing it off as tied to promotion(s), he wanted first dibs on any transfer revenue as he appeared to have @ Standard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Positivity
  • WSS said:

I saw an actual punch up between people in a boardroom during a due diligence process with members of the team squabbling over a couple of thousand (in a £20m+ deal).

The deal went through 72 hours later*.

Stay strong.

*I'm not saying the deal will happen in 72 hours.

Read between the lines people, it’s happening in the next 72 hrs!!
  • When I was standing next to Daisy in the Club Shop on Saturday, I really shouldn't have been so British and just bit my tongue. Trust me if I ever find myself in a similar situation again the tongue will not be bitten.

Must be time for a HUGE demonstration at the Portsmouth game if the cnut hasn't gone by then.
  • cabbles said:

I’ve edited the title of thread to reflect the lastest murmurings

Proactive MOD award goes to Gobbles.
    Gobbles? Are our new owners from Turkey?
    Haha - I was ready for this one

• When I was standing next to Daisy in the Club Shop on Saturday, I really shouldn't have been so British and just bit my tongue. Trust me if I ever find myself in a similar situation again the tongue will not be bitten.

Must be time for a HUGE demonstration at the Portsmouth game if the cnut hasn't gone by then.

Is there an appetite for that?
  • Rob62 said:

A few people have heard the same things as AB - including that it was very close, to the number of issues that were highlighted by DD, to news today that it's off.

So a month ago it was imminent - maybe even by the end of the next week and now we have a 'major problem' and will possibly not happen at all.

I can't help wondering if the suggestion it was imminent was a little premature. I appreciate that due diligence can take a while and that Airman, and others, can only pass on what they hear but it does sound as though someone jumped the gun a little. Surely something this significant should have been anticipated. Even if it is Duchâtelet moving the goalposts I have to say that this is no surprise to me, and I've never had any dealings with him.

This isn't helped by the suggestion of a secure DD room at the club some months back, that the SMT denied, and turned out to be wrong.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but, as I say, it does feel like someone jumped the gun.

AB is only relaying what he has been told though. He's not the only one hearing this, but he is one of the only ones sharing it with a wider audience.
    Who's said that it's off? The negotiations have hit a major problem by the sound of things, but no reason to assume at this stage that it's all over. Negotiations often hit problems, sometimes major, that's the way these things work. Negotiating to buy a club from RD was never going to be a quick and easy process, for all we know it could be the other party moving the goalposts as well
    I was told it was dead. Hopefully they're wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

I just need the green light its happening and i'll start to prepare and plan. In my head i have this date as the first game WITHOUT RD as owner. But we can't have everything
  • Whether he puts out a big ‘for sale’ statement or not, the club clearly is and it’s a matter of time till he’s gone. We’ve waited this long I can wait a bit longer.
  • edited November 2017

When I was standing next to Daisy in the Club Shop on Saturday, I really shouldn't have been so British and just bit my tongue. Trust me if I ever find myself in a similar situation again the tongue will not be bitten.

Certainly from me. How can the day be one purely of huge celebration when this man's continued involvement with the club risks its entire future.

And what better time to hold it with an above average crowd likely and above average media interest in the 25th anniversary of our home-coming.
    Pompey has to be a celebration of the return and protests shouldn't get in the way of that IMO. However, the contrast between a celebratory Pompey match and a protest at the next match might send the right message?

(all on the basis that those who commit to organisation are willing and able to do so)

Edit - just to add, I also think that the success of the game stoppages was in part because the playing side of the club was in a such a state - now we have a semblance of normality and a team and manager that might do something, protests shouldnt interfere with the match.
  • Addickted said:

cabbles said:

I’ve edited the title of thread to reflect the lastest murmurings

Proactive MOD award goes to Gobbles.
    Gobbles? Are our new owners from Turkey?
    Haha - I was ready for this one

I wasn’t - I’ll just add to the list

Interesting you get AFKA giving it large telling everyone to stay on topic, but you don’t see him when my honour needs defending and new misappropriations start
  • Quelle surprise. What a waste of time.
  • I like the sound of a protest outside the Belgium Embassy.

Isn't this a Nick Lowe song?

you'd hope for a big turn out seeing as London is accessible for all

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!