Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Travel into central London after night game

I would like to see the match on Tuesday 21st November as I am in London that day. Not been to the Valley for 2 years! My train to Sheffield leaves St Pancras at 10.15pm. Can I get there in time? What is the quickest route recommended?

Comments

• That's tight.
    Consider Uber.
  • Either bus to Notth Greenwich, jubilee to London Bridge then the Notthern line to Euston/St Pancras or train from Charlton to London Bridge
  • If train from Charlton to London Bridge, you'd need to be on the 9.17pm which means missing the last 20 minutes.
  • If you wait until the end of the match, there's no way you'll get to STP by 10:15

The public transport options are bus to North Greenwich, then tube or train from Charlton to Cannon Street or London Bridge then tube, I'd allow 50 minutes to an hour.

Blackwall tunnel might be an issue for road options?
  • It would take about 25 minutes from North Greenwich on the DLR to St Pancras. You would probably need to be at North Greenwich for about 9.45.
  • The walk from Kings Cross/St Pancras Northern line platforms to the platform you require for Sheffield Departures takes at least 5 mins.
  • Best bet is to ring Daisy and ask her to sort out an earlier kick off.

020 8333 4666.
  • That's tight.
    Consider Uber.

Uber is most definitely the way to go.
  • benno44 said:

I would like to see the match on Tuesday 21st November as I am in London that day. Not been to the Valley for 2 years! My train to Sheffield leaves St Pancras at 10.15pm. Can I get there in time? What is the quickest route recommended?

To be honest whatever way you go to get back to St Pancras will mean you can only see the first half.