Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

City Addicks: with Karl Robinson & Johnnie Jackson - 13th November, The Grapes Leadenhall Market

Comments

• Thanks for organising was a good night and KR came across really well.

Don't think there were any major scoops from the night but I don't think Jay De Silva should be worried about his place any time soon.

• I look like I'm blocking everyone's view in those when I was in fact sat on the floor most of the time! (I'm in the hooped jumper)
  • So that’s what the top table looked like.. couldn't see from the back. If we could have knocked that lovely partition down I would have had a birds eye view for erm looking instead of just listening.

Nice to see a packed out house. Well done Razil.
  • AshBurton said:

Damn, I didn't even know I had a bald patch - thanks a bundle for that! (And for anyone doubting my self-awareness, I'm the one standing next to the hooped @PaddyP17, not behind him).

Really enjoyable evening and great to meet two of my CL heroes @Weegie Addick and @Curb_It. I can only echo what others have said that KR came across very well and genuinely appears to "get us".
    Genuinely crying with laughter at my desk!
  • Cheers for organising again chaps. Had a really good evening and great to put names to faces on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• For me - KR started the season with a clean slate and I have only recorded good things since then.
  • PaddyP17 said:

I look like I'm blocking everyone's view in those when I was in fact sat on the floor most of the time! (I'm in the hooped jumper)

I remember meeting you last August coming back on the train from Bury, you were with your old man.
  • robroy said:

PaddyP17 said:

I look like I'm blocking everyone's view in those when I was in fact sat on the floor most of the time! (I'm in the hooped jumper)

I remember meeting you last August coming back on the train from Bury, you were with your old man.
    Indeed I was! That was a pretty miserable day out hah
  • edited November 2017
    I'd like to hear more from Jacko too, perhaps he and Solly might make a good pairing next time
  • Pico said:

A few notes from last night from CAS Trust.

https://castrust.org/

@Pico Thanks for the notes

"The board have told me I need two strikers" Is that correct?
  • Pico said:

We are mortified that you seem to be suggesting that the CAS Trust notes might possibly include an inaccuracy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pico said:

Pico said:

We are mortified that you seem to be suggesting that the CAS Trust notes might possibly include an inaccuracy.
    It is possible.

So can you confirm whether the board are telling him what players he needs or not.
  • as far as I remember he said something like "we need two strikers and the board have also told me that, so it's nice to hear it from them"
  • I can confirm that he said "the board" have told him he needs two strikers
  • edited November 2017
    lungrot said:

as far as I remember he said something like "we need two strikers and the board have also told me that, so it's nice to hear it from them"

Thanks
    Pico said:

I can confirm that he said "the board" have told him he needs two strikers

So is lungrot correct?
  • lungrot said:

as far as I remember he said something like "we need two strikers and the board have also told me that, so it's nice to hear it from them"

Thanks
    Pico said:

I can confirm that he said "the board" have told him he needs two strikers

So is lungrot correct?
    From memory I think both might be correct, i.e. earlier in the night he said I wand 2 strikers and then a little later he said the board have said i need 2 strikers
  • I'm certain he said that the Board had told him to get two strikers. He was also asked if he had discussed January budget and he said not spefically but he was working to the overall budget for the season.

Thanks for kind words, @AshBurton. Not sure that's a bald patch - could just be light reflecting? ;-)
  • Surprised that KR thinks Chuks Aneke is the best player in the league, he has a lot of potential, but is largely yet to consistently deliver for MKD
  • Was the speech at the end similar to that given at Bromley Addicks? @AFKABartram or anyone

Similar, but not quite as unifying and galvanising. Didn't have the same flow. If Bromley was a 9 this was a 7.

Awkward second album and all that :-)
    Thanks, better crowd : - )

How did KR & JJ compare to KR & LB?
  • edited November 2017

Someone said to me last night 'I think that is @AshBurton' but I said 'nah, @AshBurton hasn't got a bald patch' :-)

Apologies, I hadn't realised mate I was standing so near to you, I would have said hello if I knew

Do you mean to say that you would actually allow yourself to be seen in public associating with people with bald patches......l can’t believe it!