Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Five Charlton Athletic players who could go out on loan in January transfer window

Comments

• Can’t see all 5 going out on loan imo, 4 probably.
  • I'd keep Aribo but loan the other 4
  • Here are the six (They added Reeco for "luck"). I'm adding Dijksteel.

Something that I think is worth pointing out is that anyone who goes on loan to a Football League club cannot be recalled. So if we sent Aribo on loan, for instance, then had Kashi, JFC, and Jacko get hurt we'd be in trouble.

1. Aribo: A run of games would definitely be best for his development. Watching Tuesday's Checkatrade match on Valley Pass was a reminder that he is a very gifted and promising player. It's true, as the article points out, that's he not the most expansive with his passing and he doesn't score enough goals just yet, but I do think if called upon he would hold his own in our team.

I think this one depends both on whether or not Konsa stays, and on us being able to get in a marketdly better central midfielder in January who could make the step up to the Championship, is willing to come in as reserve to Kashi and JFC, AND is affordable. I struggle to see that happening, which means the loan of a promising Premier League player is the other option. Gideon Zelalem at Arsenal wouldn't be a bad shout. I'm also thinking maybe like a Phil Fodden or George McEachran from that England U17 side, but both are probably too young and too raw and would be better suited to the 10 role anyway.

2. KAG: Yes. He's still only 20. There's still time for him to come good. But he needs to go somewhere where he knows he'll either start or come off the bench regardless of how he does.

3. Phillips: Yes. We know KR wanted this to happen in the summer and we couldn't get another keeper in. I think it will be the same challenge in January, but given there's far fewer cup games after the turn of the year for him to feature in assuming Amos stays fit he'll need a loan to play.

4. Lennon: I would have sold him in the summer. We have two left-footed center backs who are significantly better than him and having three left-footed center backs doesn't make much sense. Sarr is also better cover than he is at left back. He's been out for 18 months with the brief reprieve of a couple games around this time last year I think. I just don't think he's good enough for where we're going.

5. Lewis Page: Would probably be ideal for him to help him with his recovery, but he's a better option at left back in the long run than the skipper or Sarr and Jay DaSilva has played a lot of football (including the summer U19s) already this year. Can't see it happening.

6. Reeeeeeeco: Will depend on if we can get another striker in and if we recall/keep one of Umerah or Hanlan (both of their loans are up in January). Would probably be best for him. Looks very tidy.

7. Dikjsteel: I've added him. I really feel for him. Watching him play right back on Tuesday it's clear he is very technically gifted. He's just stuck behind the two best central midfielders in the league. I worry that we're going to lose him and come to really, really regret it.
  • I'm sure KAG will go out, and maybe Umerah and Hanlan will return. Will Ajose be back or is he on loan for the season?
  • I'm sure KAG will go out, and maybe Umerah and Hanlan will return. Will Ajose be back or is he on loan for the season?

Ajose appears to be playing now Lee Clark has left Bury
  • edited November 2017
    Doesn't take much to be a "journalist" nowdays does it. KR says that we are looking to strengthen the side in January so somebody from "clickbait" puts a list together that wouldn't flummox a 7 year old. It was hardly rocket science was it ? A couple of players who haven't started a game this season, 2 who have been injured & need game time & a couple who aren't good enough.

I think I've just found a job for my children if the happen to leave school with no qualifications.........
  • Doesn't take much to be a "journalist" nowdays does it. KR says that we are looking to strengthen the side in January so somebody from "clickbait" puts a list together that wouldn't flummox a 7 year old. It was hardly rocket science was it ? A couple of players who haven't started a game this season, 2 who have been injured & need game time & a couple who aren't good enough.

I think I've just found a job for my children if the happen to leave school with no qualifications.........

This is not all journalists, this is just those who currently work for Kent Live.