Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Petrols Stations

My wife has had to fill up with fuel at a local Station in Orpington tonight... When she got to the petrol station the big advertising signs had Unleaded as 122.9 yet halfway through filling up she realised it said 132.9 on the actual pump.

When she complained at the counter the bloke there wasnt really interested; Is there anyway it can be taken further as is surely false advertising?

Comments

• Did she fill up with super unleaded in error?
  • Addickted said:

Did she fill up with super unleaded in error?

Not that she's aware of as that was my thought
  • edited November 2017
    Should say on the receipt.

Not seen standard petrol/diesel that high for a while. Even 122.9 seems high.
  • My wife has had to fill up with fuel at a local Station in Orpington tonight... When she got to the petrol station the big advertising signs had Unleaded as 122.9 yet halfway through filling up she realised it said 132.9 on the actual pump.

When she complained at the counter the bloke there wasnt really interested; Is there anyway it can be taken further as is surely false advertising?

Did she get a photo of the advertising sign? And a receipt for the fuel?
  • The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 - Regulation 5 I should think - probably a Trading Standrds matter. No doubt a photo with a time/date stamp to match your bill would have assisted.
  • Have a shit on the forecourt

But no photo or receipt required for this if you do
  • edited November 2017
    https://www.petrolprices.com/

Unlikely you would pay 132.9 for unleaded in Orpington.

I heard a story once from a mate who said that this happened on their first evening shift, working at a petrol station.

These kids were messing about around the pumps, he asked them over the intercom to stop and one of them took a shit on the forecourt.
  • Sponsored links:

• May I suggest you don't move the vehicle any further as you now have a tank full of diesel.

Genuine lol
  • I made the error of filling up my car in Folkestone yesterday after coming off the Eurotunnel...£1.50/litre!!!
  • https://www.petrolprices.com/

Unlikely you would pay 132.9 for unleaded in Orpington.

This. Only time I've seen petrol/diesel prices over £1.30 is on motorway service stations. Must be an error somewhere. You sure your wife isn't telling porkies - been to see someone around the M25 & stopped off at Clacket Lane ?
  • filled up in Folkestone today £117.9
  • I made the error of filling up my car in Folkestone yesterday after coming off the Eurotunnel...£1.50/litre!!!

That's now my local station, having retired to the coast. Can't say I use it much...
  • I paid 157.9 for diesel in Chelsea/South Kensington recently

I heard a story once from a mate who said that this happened on their first evening shift, working at a petrol station.

These kids were messing about around the pumps, he asked them over the intercom to stop and one of them took a shit on the forecourt.
    This should be "took a shit FROM the forecourt", surely?
  • Did I tell you what happened to me at a petrol station at the weekend?

Went to the M&S petrol station at Crown Woods today, stuck a random amount of fuel in my car and picked up a couple of food items in the shop. Put them on the counter and the bloke said Any fuel? I said yes No.6. He rang up the items and asked me to put my card in the reader. As I went to put in my PIN I glanced up at the till and the amount due was MY PIN NUMBER! Freaked my out for a second or two, was the card machine linked to the display on the till? Obviously just a coincidence but I found it really wierd.
    I've told quite a few people about it today and hardly anyone batted an eyelid!
  • Taxi_Lad said:

I paid 157.9 for diesel in Chelsea/South Kensington recently

Was she worth it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Riviera said:

Did I tell you what happened to me at a petrol station at the weekend?

Went to the M&S petrol station at Crown Woods today, stuck a random amount of fuel in my car and picked up a couple of food items in the shop. Put them on the counter and the bloke said Any fuel? I said yes No.6. He rang up the items and asked me to put my card in the reader. As I went to put in my PIN I glanced up at the till and the amount due was MY PIN NUMBER! Freaked my out for a second or two, was the card machine linked to the display on the till? Obviously just a coincidence but I found it really wierd.
    I've told quite a few people about it today and hardly anyone batted an eyelid!

How much was it? Just wondering.
    £12.34