Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

N Ireland v Switzerland.

I know there is the world cup thread but this is some game, there's 30mins left and hope it makes someone watch, prob be shit now but has been great for an hour.

Comments

• NI going to gallantly miss out
  • Here comes the charlton man.
  • Big Josh has 15 minutes to save Norn Ireland.
  • How many chances has Zuber had?
  • Redhenry said:

How many chances has Zuber had?

Sign him up :wink:
  • I really hope Northern Ireland win. Not just the British connection, but Switzerland bring nothing to tournaments and just make up the numbers.
  • As much as I want northern Ireland to win I cannot stand Gerry Armstrong, what a biased prick.
  • For what has been goalless so far, this has been a hell of a game.
  • Off the line!
  • Like AFKA said, gallant effort.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope we get Switzerland in the groups , they are woeful.
  • Boring, cheaty Swiss.
  • Gutted for Josh but selfishly might be better for Charlton is he doesn't have the distraction of a world cup.
  • Cracking watch though. End to end 2nd tier football in the rain and a cut up pitch, full of commitment, is football at its best.

• The best playoff match I've seen so far and probably one of the best ever. Northern Ireland were superb even if the Swiss were wasteful.

Boringly correct as usual :)
  • Couldnt believe they got the ball off the line... then that header early in the second half!! - Luck just wasnt with them
  • edited November 2017
    Laddick01 said:

I hope we get Switzerland in the groups , they are woeful.

Unfortunately, we are both in pot two.

We all knew !
  • Laddick01 said:

I hope we get Switzerland in the groups , they are woeful.

You can almost guarantee that will beat England in the finals.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017
    Gutted. Cheated out of it a useless ref.
  • That fecking penalty eh?
    Northern Ireland were cheated by the ref last week, but as Weegie says, the HQ of FIFA is in Switzerland.
  • seth plum said:

That fecking penalty eh?
    Northern Ireland were cheated by the ref last week, but as Weegie says, the HQ of FIFA is in Switzerland.

Where did the referee come from?
  • edited November 2017

Would of been a travesty if Switzerland didn't qualify. They won 90% of their group games and are a better side than Northern Ireland.

Other than Portugal they had a piss easy Group though...

Northern Ireland waltzed to second with Germany / Czech Republic / Norway who really are all better sides than the Northern Irish

In addition the Swiss have only played one friendly in two years which has protected their FIFA Ranking thus ensuring they didnt drop down the rankings and so put their Play-Off seeding at risk
  • An apt result for the day that's in it (Sunday evenings are the crappiest of the week anyway - "looking forward" to a stupid o'clock start tomorrow).

In fairness, he said, fully expecting the Republic to fall short as well, there's possibly a decent team between the two.
  • An apt result for the day that's in it (Sunday evenings are the crappiest of the week anyway - "looking forward" to a stupid o'clock start tomorrow).

In fairness, he said, fully expecting the Republic to fall short as well, there's possibly a decent team between the two.

Yeah, Republic of Ireland.
  • I really hope Northern Ireland win. Not just the British connection, but Switzerland bring nothing to tournaments and just make up the numbers.

Bit like England then.
  • iaitch said:

I really hope Northern Ireland win. Not just the British connection, but Switzerland bring nothing to tournaments and just make up the numbers.

Bit like England then.
    We bring comedy value and a deluded sense that we're better than we are..